Home

Rosterguide for roster editers

This is a discussion on Rosterguide for roster editers within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Rosterguide for roster editers

Fairdale. Glad to hear that you would never use rosters compiled by a community. Do you still plan on selling the community rosters from this site or do you actually plan on doing your own this year?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyB
Fairdale. Glad to hear that you would never use rosters compiled by a community. Do you still plan on selling the community rosters from this site or do you actually plan on doing your own this year?
Well smart-***... I actually did my own rosters last year for the XBox. I know that you are implying that I used the XBox Community Rosters last year BUT it never happened. Initially the plan was to use the O/S Community roster file and I had the permission of the community. But some people who helped edit the roster file made changes to player ratings and I never edit player ratings on the first roster update. And... because of people like you that spread mis-informaton I always save everything on my computer to cover my own ***.

After you read Stanley's response in message two he actually says here is version 2 with corrections made and CAPS. Guess what... I can't use a roster file with player's moved to different positions, CAPs, etc. So I had to re-name the file from scratch. The effort to make me look like a "roster thief" was nice, though." YOU get an "A+" for effort. BUT an "F" for execution.

This is a message from last year to STANLEY JOHNSON who approached me with the idea of using the O/S roster file:

----- Original Message -----
To: stanley johnson
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:39 AM
Subject: Re: xbox roster file ncaa-07

Before I use the file or make it my roster base I want to make sure that it is the consensus of the group of roster editors.

I do not want to take credit for work that is not my own and hate for others to do the same to me. I will note that the roster editors at O/S supplied the base and I made some modifications. Please let me know if everyone in the group is willing to allow me to use the rosters.

Oh yeah, I haven't even started the XBox rosters yet. I have been transferring rosters to all of the 360 memory cards that I have in my possession (over 400 cards) and the 257 memory card purchases. It has been a very hectic past four days preparing to ship all of the memory cards. I am finally responding to the 1500+ emails in my inbox.

If you can do me a favor please, please contact me at [email protected], which I just created to find shipping addresses easier, and let me know if the group has okayed me using the roster file. It would really help me a lot to host the file and make it mirror my own 360 roster file.

Thank you so much.

Regards.

FAIRDALE KINGS-- site administrator of FKrosters.com
THE BEST ROSTERS ON THE NET

----- Original Message -----
To: FAIRDALE KINGS
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: xbox roster file ncaa-07

everyoe at os wants you to use the file as long as credit is given to them. plus I'm horrible with ratings. here's version 2 with corections made and caps added.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #11
Banned

Fairdale, no disrespect but stop acting so self righteous. Maybe I am just partial to Blacklover, but your initial rosters are always the base rosters. Check your NCAA 2007 rosters thread. You say "This is still the default roster file. There are no created players, no ratings adjustments, numbers haven't been altered. This is just perfecting the very first release of my rosters." Now you're talking like you have some secret roster guide. Last year you spent the next 10 days after your initial release just correcting mistakes, not updating the rosters.

Quit talking about bi-weekly updates and nonsense when you didn't even update your rosters last year. It was dkrause.

So next time the community discusses creating rosters, stop trying to butt in and talk about how you are so much better than all of us. We appreciate what you do but we see through your bs when you start acting all holy.

Did you release your rosters by launch like you promised last year? no. Did you edit Xbox rosters and PS2 rosters like you promised last year? no. Did you update your rosters bi-weekly updates like you promissed?

Did Blacklover offer rosters by launch last year? yes. Is he editing Xbox 360 rosters this year? YES! Finally he made the switch . Are we going to use Blacklover's rosters this year? YES.

Fairdale, this thread is not about you so why argue back and forth. If you're too good to use anything we post, then don't use it.

Edit: I just noticed your signature. You say "Best Rosters on the Net". Do you think your rosters are better than Blacklovers?

Last edited by RudyB; 07-05-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #12
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

RudyB.... I nominate you for Mike and Mike's "Just Shut Up" award. D'you think you're entitled to FK's rosters or something? He puts in all the time and effort and doesn't require you to pay a dime. Maybe make your own rosters for 119 teams and see how that works out for ya.

On topic FK... great work man but I have a question: I know you will begin on the 360, but how long do you think it will take you after you receive the game to complete Xbox rosters? Thanks man.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #13
Banned

Dude, Fairdale doesn't have a secret roster guide pdf file. His excuse is that he wants to keep his top secret information away from my boy Black? Fairdale doesn't have a roster guide of his own. He's a poser. Go with Blacklover. He's legit and doesn't spam nonsense every year.

Fairdale, are you gonna man up and prove you have a roster guide and quiet all of the doubters or are you gonna talk about giving us the bi-weekly updates nonsense like last year?

Fairdale said it himself. He sells thousands of memory cards. He is charging $40 for a product he probably buys for $20 in bulk. He isn't offering a free service. He is making $15-20 a pop selling community rosters.

Does Blacklover sell memory cards for $40? Does Blacklover pay for advertising on search engines? Does Blacklover come on here criticizing the people who want to help the roster editers?

Blacklover gains my respect. Fairdale won't prove me wrong by posting his secret pdf file, so I know he is a fake. I was on here trying to help this community and Blacklover when he shows up around these times and Fairdale jumps in trying to start a war.

Fairdale, prove me wrong, post your secret roster pdf file.
Also, you call your rosters the best on the net. Do you think you are better than Blacklover?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
Banned

GamingChef, I see where you are coming from. I started this thread trying to help roster editers and Fairdale comes in saying he is too good to appreciate our petty posts and suggestions. I'm just saying if you don't appreciate our help then don't use it. We don't need Fairdale coming in saying how much better he is than us. I'm just trying to remind Fairdale that he is human too as he talks as though he is some kind of videogame god.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyB
GamingChef, I see where you are coming from. I started this thread trying to help roster editers and Fairdale comes in saying he is too good to appreciate our petty posts and suggestions. I'm just saying if you don't appreciate our help then don't use it. We don't need Fairdale coming in saying how much better he is than us. I'm just trying to remind Fairdale that he is human too as he talks as though he is some kind of videogame god.
Look, the only point myself and Fairdale was trying to make is that this roster guide is not worth using because it's WRONG. If you and your boy blacklover want to use it then go right ahead. There is no need to attack and insult someone who offers a free service to all of the community.

As for Fairdale's guide, I can assure you that he does in fact have one that he spends a lot of time updating by using official outlets such as contacting the athletic department if necessary. And of course he's not going to publish all of his hard work so you or someone else can go and use it for your rosters.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #16
Banned

Odogg, it isn't a secret that Fairdale makes $10-15 per memory card sold and that he isn't offering a free non-profit service. Everyone has turned roster editing into a business. You see it on eBay and just about everywhere. Fairdale is paying for advertising his roster service so who's kidding anyone by claiming it is non-profit?

My comment is that Fairdale doesn't update rosters. Every year he releases rosters "as is" with names, so why come on here spouting that he has a top secret guide. Why not appreciate that people are looking out for the roster editers and trying to actually contribute and help them. I was just posting some info to help and Fairdale comes on here tooting his horn with a bunch of crap. Fairdale doesn't offer the best rosters on the net because most of us would agree that we prefer Blacklover's rosters to Fairdale Kings.

Odogg, since you are a moderator and invested in his site, are you guaranteeing that Fairdale Kings will provide rosters with 200+ created players, adjusted ratings, and depth charts for his initial roster set?

Last edited by RudyB; 07-05-2007 at 06:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »