Home

Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360)

This is a discussion on Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #73
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
After you do all of this, the next time you turn on NCAA 08 you shouldn't have to do anything to see names (if NCAA 08 is like NCAA 07 you won't anyways). You should just be able to turn on your 360 with NCAA 08 in your console and you are ready to play with names. The only time you may have to load names is if you go online, then log off and play some on your own, then go back online. If you do go back online for a second time, to ensure the names load for online play (assuming they work online of course) then I would manually load the rosters.
THANKS! For all this...it worked like a charm.

And major thanks to Fairdale Kings as well. I cant imagine doing all this work that quickly.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
THANKS! For all this...it worked like a charm.

And major thanks to Fairdale Kings as well. I cant imagine doing all this work that quickly.
Great to hear you're loving the names, me too!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Somebody please help! I have the Datel transfer kit, but the menu that has the blades is all screwed up. It looks all choppy, I can't see the whole screen, and I can't even select the Options or Exit blades at all. Right when it loads up, the fields to type in the memory card backup blade are all screwed up looking, like they were pasted in wrong. I tried both the disc and the software links, but both have the same problem.

I actually saved the file to my memory card last night using Xport, but when I plug the memory card in to the 360 to copy the file to my hard drive, my 360 doesn't see the file. I know it's there because the storage space on the card is lower. I just can't see the blasted thing.

Please help! I'm clueless!

Last edited by cleanheart; 07-21-2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Trying to add screenshot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:28 AM   #76
Rookie

luv4skating's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks alot ODogg, this really helped me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by luv4skating; 07-21-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart
Somebody please help! I have the Datel transfer kit, but the menu that has the blades is all screwed up. It looks all choppy, I can't see the whole screen, and I can't even select the Options or Exit blades at all. Right when it loads up, the fields to type in the memory card backup blade are all screwed up looking, like they were pasted in wrong. I tried both the disc and the software links, but both have the same problem.

I actually saved the file to my memory card last night using Xport, but when I plug the memory card in to the 360 to copy the file to my hard drive, my 360 doesn't see the file. I know it's there because the storage space on the card is lower. I just can't see the blasted thing.

Please help! I'm clueless!
Have you tried to change the resolution of your monitor perhaps? Also, you could always try to run in SAFE mode to see if that fixes it. As for Xplorer, i can't help with that as i've nevers seend that program.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-21-2007, 02:20 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Have you tried to change the resolution of your monitor perhaps? Also, you could always try to run in SAFE mode to see if that fixes it. As for Xplorer, i can't help with that as i've nevers seend that program.
I thought of the resolution, and it didn't help. I didn't think of going into SAFE mode, so I tried it and it worked! The only problem was that in SAFE mode the PC wouldn't read the memory card. I went to Options, located the folder where the roster file was, rebooted, and then went into the Hard Drive in the jacked up format. Luckily it stored my file move, I sent it to the memory card, and I'm at the half of my first game with K-State! Thanks, ODogg!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:36 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanheart
I thought of the resolution, and it didn't help. I didn't think of going into SAFE mode, so I tried it and it worked! The only problem was that in SAFE mode the PC wouldn't read the memory card. I went to Options, located the folder where the roster file was, rebooted, and then went into the Hard Drive in the jacked up format. Luckily it stored my file move, I sent it to the memory card, and I'm at the half of my first game with K-State! Thanks, ODogg!
excellent, glad to hear you got it working with that little workaround.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 16

The Datel Xchange 360 is a piece for a device. Basically every time I go about trying to put rosters onto the mem card, I get the greyed out "to mem" button. As others have mentioned, you need to put the datel xchange mini-cd into the computer, then reinstall the drivers. For some reason, it's not recognizing your memory unit *AND* your cable as a device. It can be very frustrating. I'm just glad I finally got it to work...although I only got it to work because I knew the "workaround" if you want to call it that. I remember the first time it drove me nuts. I spent a solid 3-4 hours trying to troubleshoot it....all while I wanted to play my new game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »