Home

Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360)

This is a discussion on Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #41
Rookie

harvey85's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Short tutorial on how to transfer the files w/transfer kit (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofL
My "To Memory" is grayed out too. I have no idea what I am doing here.

Please Help!

yeah mines like that too.... i've got my memory card hooked up but its not working for some reason i've used it before but now its not even coming up....???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

hmmm, well at least there's hope that mine isn't just broken.

WTF!?!?!?!?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

i thought i read something about having to format or "backup" the memory card to your PC's hard drive first, then you can put the roster file in a specific folder on your PC and you transfer it over to the card that way... hope that helps, i couldn't tell you first hand because i have to go scrounge around mid-michigan myself to find a transfer kit tomorrow LOL any of you michiganders have a place i could find one?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:10 AM   #44
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

Ok. Did you guys with the xchange create a folder in my documents called 360 xchange files or something of that nature? Do that. Then load up the software(Xchange) and go to options. Then click on the icon that is a folder...find the folder you just created(360 xchange) and double click it. There should now be a shortcut in the space next to the folder icon that goes to your folder you created.

Close out the program. Download the rosters(.z36 file) and click and drag it to the 360 xchange files folder that you created in my documents. Open up the xchange software and click on hard drive. Then there should be some text click on it. Then press the to memory card button

Pm me if you need anymore help. Or send me a message on xbl: Ninjapenguin777
Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

For some reason my computer isnt seeing my memory card, that option is grayed out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 02:49 AM   #46
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Finally got mine to work its all bout unzipping the file after download with me.. Also for the people that have the grayed out memory card icon either your card is not firmly in the xchange reader or u have a computers are running old windows like windows 98 or windows Me if so this program WILL NOT work for you.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Here is the full tutorial in case FK's site goes back down again:

I know there are other guides around the net for how to transfer rosters to your 360 using the Datel Transfer Kit but I often found them lacking in a few critical areas and had to figure things out on my own. So I have decided to write my own FAQ in hopes of helping out the community into making the roster transfer from PC to 360 as painlessly as possible. If you notice any errors or omissions or confusing parts to this please feel free to post and I will try to correct as necessary.

This FAQ only applies to the Datel Transfer Kit for the 360. If you haven't yet purchased one I'd suggest you do so before the game gets too close to shipping as it gets more and more difficult to buy the closer that NCAA shipping ships. You will also need a 360 memory card. Here is a link to what the 360 Transfer Kit looks like and does if you are considering buying one. They currently retail for $14.99 and can be found at most Best Buys and Circuit City's. Memory cards retail for $29.99 new but can be found used for $20-$22 at most EBgames and Gamestops (again don't wait until before launch as they are impossible to find then)

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=323

((IMPORTANT NOTE** - Before doing anything you should make a backup of your Xbox 360 memory card you will use or ensure all of the files are copied to your Xbox 360 hard drive. Once you undergo this process you will not have access to any files on your memory card. They are erased and overwritten with an image that will include Fairdale King's Rosters. So with that being said..

1. Before you plug in anything to your computer you should install the software that came with your transfer kit onto your PC (in step 4 we will plug in the actual Transfer Kit). It's best, for the sake of convenience, to install to the default directory which should be C:Program FilesDatel and it will install into a folder called Xchange360.

2. Once you are done installing the PC disc you still have one more thing to do on your PC. Run your Xchange 360 software on your PC and notice the interface, which resembles your Xbox 360 blades. Select the yellow blade that is entitled "Options". Note the folder displayed on this screen. It should read: "C:X360 Memcard Images". This is where you need to download your roster file from FKrosters.com to. For some reason when the Xchange 360 software doesn't create that folder. You will need to manually create that folder, or change this directory to display the folder where you typically download your files from the internet to.

3. After you have created the folder, download the rosters you would like to use from fkrosters.com and place them in the folder entitled "C:X360 Memcard Images" or whatever folder you selected the Xchange 360 software to download to in step 2.

4. Plug in your transfer kit to your computer. At this point Windows XP will ask you whether you want to install the software automatically or whether you would like to tell Windows XP where to look. You should select the option to tell Windows where to look (have disk). If you selected the default option then it will be C:Program FilesDatelXChange 360. Windows should install the drivers and your device at this point. During my installation I got a second screen asking me to install the hardware again and I selected cancel but I'm not sure if this was a glitch or is typical. After selecting cancel for the second install request all was well.

5. Insert your memory card into your transfer kit.

6. Go back and run your Xchange 360 software. Select the blue blade on the far left hand side entitled "Hard Drive". If you followed all of the steps correctly you should see, directly to the right of the icons entitled "TO MEM", "DELETE" and "EDIT, the file that you downloaded from fkrosters.com. I am not sure what the exact name will be for 2008 but for 2007 which I am using now it is "FKROSTER 2007 NCAA" and then to the right of the file title you will see the time and date. This is the image file you should highlight and select. Once it is selected it should turn into a blue highlighted square. NOTE - if you do not see any image file at all here then you need to go back to the OPTIONS blade, make a note of the folder you placed your download into and then go look into that folder to make sure that the file is where it should be. This is the most common mistake people make (the one I made) in transferring rosters and usually where most users get stuck.

7. Select the option on the left that shows a memory card entitled "TO MEM". Now wait for the file to copy. Be sure you do NOT remove the memory card or unplug anything while the file is copying or you risk damaging the card.

8. Once it is completed then you may remove the memory card and put it onto your Xbox 360. Ensure there is no disc in your Xbox 360 (if you boot to the dashboard then this is not an issue however) and turn on your Xbox 360.

9. Ensure you are signed into your console with a profile and then proceed to the purple tab entitled "SYSTEM". The third option down is entitled "MEMORY". Highlight that and select it. You should see 3 or more items displayed on this screen, the first being "ALL DEVICES - 2 devices", the second being something like "HARD DRIVE 7.4 gig free" and the last entitled "MEMORY UNIT - 40 MB free". If you have more than one memory card you may see more memory units. You should select the one containing the FKrosters.

10. Select GAMES from the listed items. Then select NCAA FOOTBALL 08. You should see one file which should be entitled something like ROSTER-FKrosters-com. Select it and select Copy. It will ask you where to put the file, select the HARD DRIVE and press A. Wait for the file to copy.

11. Once the file is copied to your hard disk you still have one more step to go (almost there!). Load up NCAA Football 08 and once you get into the game, go to the rosters screen and ensure the rosters are loaded. You should see named players. If you don't see named players then you may need to manually load the file. Once you get the named players loaded then you need to save the rosters under a different name, something using your own name (ex. ODogg-rosters) and then delete the file called ROSTER-FKrosters-com from your hard disk.

12. **IMPORTANT** - Please ensure you rename the file per step 11 to something else and delete the original roster that you downloaded! Also, do not distribute the file to any friends or family without having them do this. Finally, do not, under any circumstances, upload these rosters to 360gamesaves.com - All of this is to ensure Fairdale Kings console isn't "locked" by Microsoft which basically corrupts his rosters for further download and use by future users. Please ensure to follow these steps so that everyone can enjoy his hard work!

After you do all of this, the next time you turn on NCAA 08 you shouldn't have to do anything to see names (if NCAA 08 is like NCAA 07 you won't anyways). You should just be able to turn on your 360 with NCAA 08 in your console and you are ready to play with names. The only time you may have to load names is if you go online, then log off and play some on your own, then go back online. If you do go back online for a second time, to ensure the names load for online play (assuming they work online of course) then I would manually load the rosters.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #48
Rookie

CzanMan's Arena

OVR: 3

I finally got my "TO MEM" to show up, I had to go back in and reinstall the drivers I guess. There is one for the transfer cable, and also one for the memory card. I had to go back into control panel>add hardware>and reinstall the drivers by choosing to select where to look and choosing programfiles/datel/x360. I think the issue was I hadn't done it for the memory card...just the cable...so that might be the problem for some of you too. Good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »