Home

FCS/1AA Rosters in the making...

This is a discussion on FCS/1AA Rosters in the making... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
FCS/1AA Rosters in the making...

I am currently beginning the process of a total and complete overhaul of the 1AA rosters for the PS2. With the help of the fanatics at ChampionshipSubdivision.com, i hope to have these in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by nyy3351; 07-20-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FCS/1AA Rosters in the making...

Bringem on!!!! Cant wait!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Sounds great.....keep us updated!!!
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

How about for the original xbox?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

At the moment, it is PS2 only, but if other console owners want to work with me at the end, we could figure something out. I might be charging a very modest fee seeing how much work this will be. (TOTALLY creating every player from scratch, Creating some of the major left out schools)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy3351
At the moment, it is PS2 only, but if other console owners want to work with me at the end, we could figure something out. I might be charging a very modest fee seeing how much work this will be. (TOTALLY creating every player from scratch, Creating some of the major left out schools)
I'm not trying to bash your thread here but you began this thread with the mention of working on these 1AA rosters without any hint at a possible fee for these.

There's nothing wrong with doing rosters work & accepting donations IMO. I don't even do that with my roster work. I do this type work for free & mainly for my benefit but I just don't believe in charging people anything for doing roster work on any game console. I mean you're probably not gonna see too many people pay for these anyhow because it's not gonna be the 1A rosters.

Again, I'm not trying to say something to make you feel bad because that's not how I am but I just don't believe in doing roster work & charging people to use them. If you wanted to do this & post a Paypal donation address then that's fine IMO but to now come out & say there might be a fee is not gonna attract people to your rosters. Sorry! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

i hear ya...i knew i was going to catch a lil greif, but the fact of the matter is, t is alot of work, and nowhere else will you find FCS rosters, and if you do, i promise they will not be as good as what i will be putting out. Most of the money i do get will go to support the guys(site) at championsubdivision.net. They will have alot do do with the ratings. But when it boils down, there are alot of very dissipointed FCS fans who will be elated when these come out. (working on lining up PS3 and XBox versions as well)
Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy3351
i hear ya...i knew i was going to catch a lil greif, but the fact of the matter is, t is alot of work, and nowhere else will you find FCS rosters, and if you do, i promise they will not be as good as what i will be putting out. Most of the money i do get will go to support the guys(site) at championsubdivision.net. They will have alot do do with the ratings. But when it boils down, there are alot of very dissipointed FCS fans who will be elated when these come out. (working on lining up PS3 and XBox versions as well)
Again, I'm not trying to drill you here. It's just a matter of what roster makers wanna do. I have placed a lot of time into several roster files in the past. The latest being MLB 07: The Show. I worked on a very detailed Braves franchise & posted it for others on a few different forums. I have also done a lot of roster work for CH2K series & this also takes a lot time.

I understand that re-doing these 1AA rosters will take a lot of effort & time but I am just saying that a "donate" option would be better than asking for others to pay a fee. I remember back when MVP 07 NCAA College Baseball was released. There was a guy on eBay offering an updated roster for this game for like $10. He quickly realized that this wasn't paying off for him so he allowed his roster work to be offered to others for free. Now, I think he kept the donate offer on the board to where he provided them but he wasn't making much money off those rosters.

I'm sure you'll get people to donate to your work if you are putting as much effort as you say into these. There are a lot of people that understand what kind of effort & time that roster work can be so people will donate. However, I know also that a lot of people don't care as long as something is free. Good luck! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »