Home

XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: XBOX 360 Roster Transfer FAQ

I keep getting a 404 error when I go to your guide and when I go to that elmores website I get a "this site can't be reached"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #82
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

OVR: 4

can someone please update the transfer process if u dont have xbox live??
Old 11-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #83
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Arrow COMPLETE XBOX 360 Roster Transfer GUIDE with USB Flashdrive

NOTE : There are 2 Methods: 1. using the 1.44mb Xbox Save Files & 2. using the smaller 1.36mb roster file contents: (My Post below covers mostly Method 2)

**If you've never used a Flash drive with Xbox, first Format a USB Flash Drive with your Xbox360: So Before doing anything, Go to your Xbox home screen and then to storage settings. Insert an empty USB flash drive and let your Xbox360 format it. Then you will be able to use this USB flash drive for all your Roster/Save file transfers.
Modio 3 & a Windows PC is required -- see link to download it below (step3 under Method2)

Method 1:
Shadman Posted the more commonly used Xbox Save File Transfer method here>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...postcount=3804
(Method 1 uses the larger 1.44mb files, while my Method 2 uses the smaller extracted 1.36mb roster "files contents" file )

* His Method may be easier with less steps, since all you have to do is copy your own unique Profile ID# & Device ID# & paste it into the new downloaded 1.44mb roster file using Modio and hit the rehash option (Note the ID#s are found on your own xbox profile file or an older roster file from your xbox that might still be on your flashdrive).
; then move that newly rehashed file to your USB flash drive to upload it into your xbox360)

* It may be in everyone's interest to know both methods, so if one method doesn't work then go with the other. (Go with Method 1 if the roster files on forums are 1.44mb files, and Go with my Method 2 below if the roster files are 1.36mb files).

* I made another post with Step by Step Instructions of METHOD 1 >>HERE
(for those struggling a lot...it's generally the same as above but longer explaination of each step.)

METHOD 2: Note : This may be a little bit challenging for those new to xbox file transfers using USB:
(But you should get the hang of it after trial and error)
-Offline files on forums are sometimes shared in this form as File Contents portion ~1.36mb in size (as compressed files), so extract the file first and then have it ready on your PC to use with Modio 3.0.

-
Note: advantage of having file in the 1.36mb format is to load them into the Editors for editing duplicate Jersey#s, Team Rankings, Player Names and Height, Making PS3 to Xbox360 conversions etc.; But for basic File transfer, it is not necessary to use this form of the roster File, if you find Method 1 easier.
-----------------------------
This is the Tutorial for Method 2 - Xbox360 roster transfers:
(Works for NCAA 14,13,& 12 but it should also work for ncaa 7,8,9,10,11.)

1.-First make or "save a roster file" using your Xbox 'in the game'. In game you go to settings>file management> and then you can save a roster file & give it any name you want--eg. give it a name of the new roster you are planning to transfer from forums. [This step created the Full Game Save File]

2.-Then get out of the game and go to Xbox Home screen settings>Storage> and transfer/copy the roster/Save File you created in step 1, to your "USB Xbox360 formatted flash drive". Turn off console.

3.-Then plug the USB flash drive into a PC, and use Modio 3.0 to "open a save"--and browse for roster save file on Flashdrive" (search for the roster you created in step1&2) on flash drive.
(See Note at bottom of post for the location to browse for rosters on your flash drive using Modio3).
LINK FOR MODIO 3.0 download>>
Spoiler

4.-After Roster is opened in Modio3, Then go to File Contents tab, and Right Click to pull up a menu>>Then choose "Replace" with the new roster offline file you found on forums. You should hear a beeping sound to confirm it was automatically saved & replaced.
[Offline flies are usually the File Contents portion that is 1.36mb in size(1,401kb), with no filetype showing on Windows PC & not a compressed file like eg. .zip or .rar; if compressed then extract zipfiles with Windows, or rar files with winrar or 7zip program. If they are larger than this size eg. 1.44mb (1,484kb), then you will have to use modio 3.0 to first open it and extract the File Contents portion which will be 1.36mb in size. And then you can use the smaller sized roster File Contents at this step.].

-- So the "file contents" roster file is 1.36mb(1,401kb) in size"; This is required for all of this to work correctly.
If it is a larger roster file 1.44mb(1484kb) it will not work; and result in roster appears to be damaged error; the larger file is called the "Full roster Save Files" which have an xbox signed tag and should be sitting on your flash drive if you followed steps 1&2 above; while the smaller roster files are called "File Contents" roster file which you can insert or replace into a full roster save file.
---------
**See Instructions(below) for the Concise Guide with picture of what File Contents tab looks like, and where to use "replace file" function described in Step 4 above.

Instructions: (open spoiler)-
Spoiler

Note: Using Modio3 for Browsing USB FLASH DRIVE on your PC:
All 8 ncaa games XBOX Title ID CODES
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------
People having problems with Xbox transfer? ..eg.Damaged Roster Error:
I tried writing steps again with a little more description: (so study directions some more; it may not work but worth trying multiple times.).
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0&postcount=39

And Regularcat Made another guide to use a variation of Method2 (file contents 1.36mb files):

(key note: first give the save file you created on your xbox the same name of the roster file name you plan to update it to. Then continue with steps to replace or save new roster file contents into your save file.)
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=103

***** Another Post I made to try RegularCat's Method:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=686

Running modio or horizon on a MAC ?
(not sure how reliable this is but I think someone mentioned it's possible)
Required: You have to run windows on a mac
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...05&postcount=2

Using: VmWare Fusion, Parallels, VirtualBox, or Crossover....
https://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-w...ware-on-a-mac/

Last edited by pinbw; 10-05-2023 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #84
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

First off thanks for the info.. but when I replace the file contents inside of Modio, should the file name change to the new roster file name? Because in Modio, when I right click on the file that's from my USB stick and hit replace, the name stays the same. Also, instead of a beeping sound, I get more of a click sound. I'm not sure if that's the sound that you're hearing.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #85
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYHOVA110
First off thanks for the info.. but when I replace the file contents inside of Modio, should the file name change to the new roster file name? Because in Modio, when I right click on the file that's from my USB stick and hit replace, the name stays the same. Also, instead of a beeping sound, I get more of a click sound. I'm not sure if that's the sound that you're hearing.
You cannot give it a new name in the replace process. That is why in step 1 you have to premake a roster with a premade name. Read step 1 carefully. It is weird process but after doing it a few times it will become easy.
Yes it's a clicking beep sound to confirm the process is done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #86
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

Ok, everything worked perfectly in steps 1 & 2. When I get to step 3 and click on "open a save" I get an error message. So in order to get Modio to open that file, I have to drag the roster file from the USB to the desktop, click on open a save and then Modio can open the roster file. But I don't know why I have to drag the file to the desktop first.

So after those steps, I would right click on the roster file inside of Modio and click on "replace". I hear that little click sound and remove the USB from the computer.

I put the USB in the 360, move the roster file back to the hard drive and fire up the game.

Lastly, I loaded up the rosters save in game but there are no changes.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #87
Rookie

JAYHOVA110's Arena

It worked!!! Thanks, dude.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:55 AM   #88
Just started!

Hey guys, I have on Xbox 360 and just was playing the other day and found there's not connection the any EA servers. Any ideas on how or where I could get any of the additional uniform pack updates. I'm no longer able to get the Nike pro combat ones which is disappointing, but I'd like to know if anyone knows how to get the other ones like the adidas or under armour packs?

Thanks guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »