Home

ZoMaN504's Final Roster Update & Draft Classes (PS3)

This is a discussion on ZoMaN504's Final Roster Update & Draft Classes (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ZoMaN504's Final Roster Update & Draft Classes (PS3)

If you want anymore help i can continue to look through some all american teams and see players you might have forgot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #26
Rookie

zoman504's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
If you want anymore help i can continue to look through some all american teams and see players you might have forgot
Actually, if you could find me a list of the all-american/all-conference teams, it'll help me with a few guys, I could only find a few lists.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #27
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

Rivals.com all Sunbelt
QB Omar Haugabook, Troy, Sr., 6-2/220
HIGH SCHOOL: Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central
BUZZ: Haugabook was at the helm of the Sun Belt's best offense. He threw for 2,975 yards
and 18 TDs and also rushed for 616 yards and 11 scores.

RB Tyrell Fenroy, Louisiana-Lafayette, Jr., 5-10/180
HIGH SCHOOL: La Place (La.) St. Charles Catholic

BUZZ: Fenroy out together his third consecutive 1,000-yard season, rushing for 1,021 yards and seven TDs for the Ragin' Cajuns. He averaged 5.7 yards per carry.

RB Calvin Dawson, Louisiana-Monroe, Sr., 5-10/207

HIGH SCHOOL: Bossier City (La.) Airline
BUZZ: Dawson faded a bit down the stretch but still led the league with 1,414 yards and 12 rushing touchdowns. He increased his streak of 100-yard games against BCS-league foes to five before being held to 91 in a victory over Alabama. He had nine 100-yard games this season.
WR Casey Fitzgerald, North Texas, Jr., 5-11/196
HIGH SCHOOL: Red Oak (Texas) High
BUZZ: Fitzgerald was a great fit for new coach Todd Dodge's pass-happy offense. He finished with 111 catches for 1,322 yards and 11 TDs – leading the league in all three categories.

WR Cortez Gent, Florida Atlantic, Soph., 6-2/170
HIGH SCHOOL: Chiefland (Fla.) High
BUZZ: Gent had 61 catches for 1,030 yards – a whopping 16.9 yards per catch – and nine TDs. He and Owls sophomore QB Rusty Smith should be a mighty productive duo for two more seasons.
TE Zeek Zacharie, Louisiana-Monroe, Jr., 6-3/230
HIGH SCHOOL: New Iberia (La.) Catholic
BUZZ: Zacharie was third in the league with six TD catches and finished with 36 catches for 437 yards. His two best games of the season came against FAU (six catches) and Alabama (five catches).
OT Kyle Cunningham, Louisiana-Monroe, Sr., 6-4/295
HIGH SCHOOL: Oklahoma City (Okla.) Southeast
BUZZ: Cunningham was the best lineman for a Warhawks team that rushed for 209.0 yards per game, good for 15th in the nation. He is a four-year starter.

OT Dion Small, Troy, Jr., 6-2/280
HIGH SCHOOL: Americus (Ga.) High
BUZZ: The JC transfer fit in nicely in his first season with the Trojans. He helped them lead the league in offense.

OG Brandon Nix, Middle Tennessee, Sr., 6-4/296
HIGH SCHOOL: Tuscaloosa (Ala.) Coosa Valley Academy
BUZZ: He was the first Division I signee in his high school's history and has gone on to become a two-year starter. He started at center in one game this season.

OG Matt Reibe, Arkansas State, Sr., 6-3/300
HIGH SCHOOL: El Dorado (Ark.) High
BUZZ: Indians had a 1,000-yard rusher (Reggie Arnold), and Reibe is the team's best lineman. This was his second season as a full-time starter.

C Chris Fisher, Louisiana-Lafayette, Soph., 6-3/275
HIGH SCHOOL: Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More
BUZZ: The Ragin' Cajuns rank sixth in the nation in rush offense (251.6 ypg) and had two 1,000-yard rushers. Fisher, a former walk-on, is in his second season as a starter.

DE Rodney Hardeway, Louisiana-Lafayette, Sr., 6-3/235
HIGH SCHOOL: Tyler (Texas) Chapel Hill
BUZZ: Hardeway was tied for the league lead with seven sacks and added 33 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles. He had four sacks against Middle Tennessee State.
DE Tavares Jones, Middle Tennessee, Sr., 6-2/242
HIGH SCHOOL: Swainsboro (Ga.) High
BUZZ: He tied for the league lead with seven sacks. He had 61 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, an interception, two pass breakups, two quarterback hurries and a forced fumble.

DT Chris Bradwell, Troy, Jr., 6-5/280
HIGH SCHOOL: Alpharetta (Ga.) Chattahoochee
BUZZ: Bradwell, who signed with Florida State out of high school in 2001 but never qualified to play for the Seminoles, was an inside force in his first season with the Trojans. He had 36 tackles, including eight tackles for loss and four sacks. He returned a fumble for a touchdown against Western Kentucky.
LB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic, Jr., 6-1/229
HIGH SCHOOL: Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) High
BUZZ: Joseph, who began his career at Boston College, led the league with 121 tackles. He had 7.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, two pass breakups, three quarterback hurries and a forced fumble. He had 14 tackles and an interception in an upset of Minnesota.
LB Boris Lee, Troy, Soph., 6-2/210
HIGH SCHOOL: Homerville (Ga.) Clinch County
BUZZ: Lee finished with 83 tackles to lead the Trojans in that category. He had two interceptions, including one he returned for a TD against Louisiana-Monroe, and two fumble recoveries and four pass breakups.
LB Koby McKinnon, Arkansas State, Sr., 6-3/220
HIGH SCHOOL: Junction City (Ark.) High
BUZZ: McKinnon had 101 tackles for the Indians. He also had two interceptions and two pass breakups for a team that led the league in total defense.

LB Cergile Sincere, Florida Atlantic, Sr., 6-0/215
HIGH SCHOOL: Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central
BUZZ: Sincere was second in the league with 108 tackles, including nine tackles for loss and two sacks. He had six pass breakups and six forced fumbles.

CB Elbert Mack, Troy, Sr., 5-10/168
HIGH SCHOOL: Wichita (Kan.) North
BUZZ: Mack, a former JC transfer, led the nation with eight picks, and he returned one for a touchdown. He also had six pass breakups and 51 tackles.

CB Tavious Polo, Florida Atlantic, Fr. (RS), 5-10/160
HIGH SCHOOL: Plantation (Fla.) South Plantation
BUZZ: Polo led the nation in interceptions for a good portion of the season and finished second, with seven. He had three picks in the Owls' upset of Minnesota and also nabbed one against Kentucky. He also has 50 tackles
SS Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas State, Sr., 6-1/205
HIGH SCHOOL: Rison (Ark.) High
BUZZ: Johnson wrapped up his great career with the Indians by finishing third in the league (and 10th in the nation) with six interceptions. He also had 94 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, four pass breakups and two forced fumbles.
FS Greg James, Louisiana-Monroe, Soph., 6-1/195
HIGH SCHOOL: Monroe (La.) Carroll
BUZZ: James had five picks, including one he took back for a TD in a victory over archrival Louisiana-Lafayette, and added 77 tackles and five pass breakups.

K Greg Whibbs, Troy, Sr., 5-10/166
HIGH SCHOOL: Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic
BUZZ: Whibbs was 16-of-18 on field-goal attempts for the Trojans and also averaged 41.3 yards per punt. He was 5-of-7 on field-goal attempts of more than 40 yards. As a punter, he had 19 of his 47 kicks downed inside the 20.
P Scott Love, Louisiana-Monroe, Soph., 6-0/190
HIGH SCHOOL: West Monroe (La.) High
BUZZ: Love led the league with a 42.1-yard average and helped the Indians finish 17th in the nation in net punting at 37.5 yards per boot.

PR/KR Leodis McKelvin, Troy, Sr., 5-11/187
HIGH SCHOOL: Waycross (Ga.) Ware County
BUZZ: He averaged a whopping 17.4 yards per punt return (third in the nation) and took back three for touchdowns, including one in an upset of Oklahoma State. He was less effective as a kick returner (23.2 per return) but still finished second in the league in that category. He also had 60 tackles and two picks as a starting cornerback.

ALL-PURPOSE Desmond Gee, Middle Tennessee, Soph., 5-8/163
HIGH SCHOOL: Madison (Fla.) Madison County
BUZZ: Gee has good quickness and put that to good use for the Blue Raiders. He had 722 kick-return yards, 382 receiving yards, 162 rushing yards and 57 punt-return yards. He also had four receiving touchdowns.

Rivals all Conference USA
QB Paul Smith, Tulsa, Sr., 6-2/193
HIGH SCHOOL: Owasso (Okla.) High
BUZZ: Smith is second in the nation with 42 TD passes and has thrown for 4,753 yards and completed 60.1 percent of his passes. He's the main reason Tulsa leads the nation in total offense.
RB Matt Forte, Tulane, Sr., 6-2/225
HIGH SCHOOL: Slidell (La.) High
BUZZ: He led the nation in rushing for much of the season but is second now, at 177.3 yards per game (2,127 rushing yards). Forte also has scored 23 rushing TDs and averaged 5.9 yards per carry.
RB Kevin Smith, UCF, Jr., 6-1/210
HIGH SCHOOL: Miami Southridge
BUZZ: Meet the nation's leading rusher, at 188.2 yards per game. He has 2,448 yards and is 181 yards away from setting the NCAA single-season rushing mark, which is held by Barry Sanders. Smith ran for 217 yards against NC State and 149 against Texas. He also ran for 332 against UAB and had 200-yard days against Louisiana-Lafayette, UTEP and Tulsa. His lone day under 100 yards came in a loss to USF.
WR Donnie Avery, Houston, Sr., 5-11/190
HIGH SCHOOL: Houston Hastings
BUZZ: Avery leads the league with 81 catches and 1,336 receiving yards. He averaged 16.5 yards per catch and has scored seven TDs.

WR Jarett Dillard, Rice, Jr., 5-11/180
HIGH SCHOOL: San Antonio Sam Houston
BUZZ: He came on strong in the second half of the season to post his second consecutive 1,000-yard season. He had 1,057 yards this season and had 1,247 last season. Dillard had 79 catches and 14 TD receptions for the Owls this season.

TE Cody Slate, Marshall, Soph., 6-4/212
HIGH SCHOOL: Chipley (Fla.) High
BUZZ: Slate led the Herd with 66 catches for 818 yards. He also tied for the team lead with five TD receptions. He had seven games with at least six receptions.

OT Jeff Akeroyd, Houston, Sr., 6-3/295
HIGH SCHOOL: Lubbock (Texas) Monterey
BUZZ: He was expected to play guard but instead slid outside in the Cougars' productive offense. Akeroyd was the best lineman on a team that averages 513.2 yards and 36.3 points per game.

OT Josh Sitton, UCF, Sr., 6-3/305
HIGH SCHOOL: Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic
BUZZ: Sitton was the most consistent line performer for the Knights and helped open holes for Kevin Smith, the nation's leading rusher. Sitton, a three-year starter, also played a few games at guard this season.

OG Justin Morsey, Tulsa, Jr., 6-2/282
HIGH SCHOOL: Sapulpa (Okla.) High
BUZZ: Morsey, a JC transfer, was the steadiest lineman for a Golden Hurricane team that leads the nation in total offense (542.5 ypg).

OG Andy Smith, Memphis, Sr., 6-4/307
HIGH SCHOOL: Fayetteville (Ga.) Starr's Mill
BUZZ: The three-year starter helped the Tigers overcome a 2-4 start to finish 7-5 and earn a New Orleans Bowl bid. The Tigers are third in the lead in total offense (447.4 ypg). He already has a degree in geography and is pursuing a master's in the same subject.

C Aryan Barto, Tulane, Sr., 6-4/280
HIGH SCHOOL: Houston Stratford
BUZZ: Barto was the best lineman on a unit that paved the way for Matt Forte's big season. The Green Wave averaged 201.0 rushing yards per game and ran for 26 TDs. Besides being a good lineman, Barto is a touted cellist.

DE Phillip Hunt, Houston, Jr., 6-2/250
HIGH SCHOOL: Fort Worth (Texas) Dunbar
BUZZ: Hunt is the most disruptive lineman in Conference USA. He leads the league with 9.5 sacks and also has 49 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 10 pass breakups, six quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles. Oh, yeah – he also has an interception.

DE Leger Douzable, UCF, Sr., 6-4/295
HIGH SCHOOL: Tampa Alonso
BUZZ: Douzable, who played defensive tackle earlier in his career, was the Knights' best defensive lineman – and may have been their best defensive player. He has 7.5 sacks and 13 tackles for loss to go along with 46 total tackles and 11 quarterback hurries.

DT Martavious Prince, Southern Miss, Sr., 6-3/295
HIGH SCHOOL: Fort Pierce (Fla.) Westwood
BUZZ: Prince is a load in the middle of the line. He has 10.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. He also has 39 tackles and a blocked kick.

LB Chris Chamberlain, Tulsa, Sr., 6-2/225
HIGH SCHOOL: Bethany (Okla.) High
BUZZ: He leads the league with 148 tackles, and has seven tackles for loss and three interceptions. He also has seen spot duty as a fullback on offense and rushed for a TD against Louisiana-Monroe.

LB Nelson Coleman, Tulsa, Sr., 6-2/235
HIGH SCHOOL: Dallas Skyline
BUZZ: He wasn't quite as productive as his teammate, Chris Chamberlain, but it was close. Coleman has 137 tackles, eight tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks. He has added a pick, three pass breakups and two forced fumbles.

LB Gerald McRath, Southern Miss, Soph., 6-3/213
HIGH SCHOOL: Powder Springs (Ga.) McEachern
BUZZ: McRath was the leader of a solid defense. He has 131 tackles, including 21 against UCF and 15 against Tennessee. He has 9.5 tackles for loss and four sacks.

LB Pierre Bell, East Carolina, Jr., 6-2/238
HIGH SCHOOL: Vanceboro (N.C.) West Craven
BUZZ: He has 88 tackles to lead bowl-bound ECU in that category. He has four tackles for loss, two interceptions, three quarterback hurries, two pass breakups and a forced fumble.

CB Quintin Demps, UTEP, Sr., 6-1/205
HIGH SCHOOL: San Antonio Roosevelt
BUZZ: Demps moved from safety to cornerback this season and had a solid season. He finished with five picks, and two of those he returned 100 yards for touchdowns (against New Mexico State and UCF). He also had 72 tackles, 4.5 sacks, nine pass breakups and a blocked kick. He also returned kicks and punts for the Miners.
CB Brandon Sumrall, Southern Miss, Sr., 5-11/197
HIGH SCHOOL: Beaumont (Miss.) Perry Central
BUZZ: Sumrall has five picks, including one he returned for a touchdown against Memphis. He also has 91 tackles, six pass breakups and two forced fumbles.

SS Sha'reff Rashad, UCF, Sr., 6-0/200
HIGH SCHOOL: Jacksonville Episcopal
BUZZ: Rashad led the Knights with 94 tackles. He had four interceptions, including one per week in a three-week midseason stretch, seven pass breakups and a forced fumble.

FS C.J. Spillman, Marshall, Jr., 6-0/193
HIGH SCHOOL: Louisville Central
BUZZ: He was tied for third in the league in tackles with 131. He had six pass breakups, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

K Swayze Waters, UAB, Jr., 6-0/170
HIGH SCHOOL: Jackson (Miss.) Prep
BUZZ: Waters was 22-of-28 on field-goal attempts, and also averaged 41.4 yards per punt. Waters was 11-of-14 on attempts of longer than 40 yards, including 3-of-4 from beyond 50.

P Thomas Morstead, SMU, Jr., 6-5/215
HIGH SCHOOL: Pearland (Texas) High
BUZZ: Morstead led the league and was ninth nationally at 44.7 yards per punt. He also was 13-of-20 on field goals for the Mustangs.

KR Curtis Francis, UCF, Sr., 5-10/180
HIGH SCHOOL: Green Cove Springs (Fla.) Clay County
BUZZ: Francis, a backup tailback, had 22 returns for 643 yards, a 29.2-yard average. He had one return that went for a TD, against East Carolina; he was one of six C-USA players with a kickoff return for a touchdown.

PR Joe Burnett, UCF, Soph., 5-11/183
HIGH SCHOOL: Eustis (Fla.) High
BUZZ: Burnett is one of the best cornerbacks in the league, and doubles as a dangerous punt returner. He was second in the league with 25 returns and second at 11.1 yards per return. He had one return for a touchdown, in the C-USA title game against Tulsa.

ALL-PURPOSE Chris Johnson, East Carolina, Sr. 5-11/200
HIGH SCHOOL: Orlando Olympia
BUZZ: Johnson has piled up 2,552 yards of all-purpose offense, leading the nation at 212.7 yards per game. Johnson, who is the Pirates' starting tailback, has rushed for 1,200 yards and 16 TDs (he scored a rushing TD in every game but two). He has added 496 receiving yards (and five more TDs) and 856 kick-return yards (and one TD). He scored four TDs in a game twice, in victories over UCF (two on the ground, one in the air and one on a return) Memphis (four runs).

will post more latter
Old 12-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #28
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Zoman,

Thanks for the rosters. I am SO sorry I didn't post this earlier but I am a teacher and I'm getting my students ready for their finals and I haven't had any time to check my alma mater's roster until tonight. Please put these simple roster corrections in your next edit. Yes, I know you weren't planning on more edits, but they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

SOUTH CAROLINA

Players who were not on the team (all year):
Dakota Walker-54
James Green-97
Sam Pope-40
Eric Baker-29

Number Changes (that can be made):
Eric Norwood is 40 not 85 (release Pope to make it possible)
Kenrick Ellis is 97 not 90 (release Green to make it possible)
Cliff Matthews is 83 not 81
Andy Boyd is 80 not 83
Vandaral Shackleford is 48 not 58
Spencer Lanning is 87, taken, so 86 or 88 not 92
Byron McKnight is 92 not 88

Please do this if you can. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #29
Rookie

zoman504's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Zoman,

Thanks for the rosters. I am SO sorry I didn't post this earlier but I am a teacher and I'm getting my students ready for their finals and I haven't had any time to check my alma mater's roster until tonight. Please put these simple roster corrections in your next edit. Yes, I know you weren't planning on more edits, but they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

SOUTH CAROLINA

Players who were not on the team (all year):
Dakota Walker-54
James Green-97
Sam Pope-40
Eric Baker-29

Number Changes (that can be made):
Eric Norwood is 40 not 85 (release Pope to make it possible)
Kenrick Ellis is 97 not 90 (release Green to make it possible)
Cliff Matthews is 83 not 81
Andy Boyd is 80 not 83
Vandaral Shackleford is 48 not 58
Spencer Lanning is 87, taken, so 86 or 88 not 92
Byron McKnight is 92 not 88

Please do this if you can. Thanks.
Changing the numbers is no problem. However, for some stupid reason you cant release players or delete them, so Ill see if I can do anything with the guys that didnt play.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #30
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoman504
Changing the numbers is no problem. However, for some stupid reason you cant release players or delete them, so Ill see if I can do anything with the guys that didnt play.
Thanks man--I appreciate it. Like I said, I know this is supposed to be your "final" roster so I apologize for giving you more work! That IS stupid that you can't release players, because (South Carolina's) Pope has Norwood's number and Green has Ellis' number; you could just switch the numbers I guess, then maybe bury those guys in the depth chart. Jamire Williams is 10, not 35, so just make him 19.

That's about all for the number changes. The others that were wrong already have their numbers taken so there's nothing you can do about it. Thanks again for doing this.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #31
Rookie

zoman504's Arena

Alright, updated to reflect SC changes.

Last edited by zoman504; 12-06-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #32
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

Rivals all WAC
QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii, Sr., 6-3/196
HIGH SCHOOL: Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
BUZZ: He is third in the nation with 38 TD passes and fourth with 4,174 yards. He is completing 71.4 percent of his passes. He has six 400-yard games – and two 500-yard games – this season. He had nine 400-yard games last season.

RB Ian Johnson, Boise State, Jr., 5-11/214
HIGH SCHOOL: San Dimas (Calif.) Damien
BUZZ: He missed two games with injuries but still has rushed for 1,030 yards and 16 touchdowns. His season high point was a 205-yard effort against Nevada. He also has 25 receptions.

RB Luke Lippincott, Nevada, Jr., 6-2/215
HIGH SCHOOL: Salinas (Calif.) Palma
BUZZ: He leads the league with 1,380 yards (115.0 per game) and is second with 15 rushing TDs. He had eight 100-yard games, including 140 against Northwestern, 241 against Utah State, 187 vs. Boise State and 140 against Hawaii.

WR Davone Bess, Hawaii, Jr., 5-10/195
HIGH SCHOOL: Oakland Skyline
BUZZ: Bess is fifth nationally with 101 receptions, good for 1,213 yards and 12 TDs. He had five games with at least 10 receptions this season and three multiple-TD games.

WR Jeremy Childs, Boise State, Soph., 6-0/184
HIGH SCHOOL: Los Alamitos (Calif.) High
BUZZ: Childs became the Broncos' go-to receiver this season; he has 82 receptions for 1,045 yards and nine TDs. He had four 100-yard games and three more with at least 80 yards.

WR Ryan Grice-Mullen, Hawaii, Jr., 5-11/179
HIGH SCHOOL: Rialto (Calif.) High
BUZZ: He is sixth nationally with 100 receptions, good for 1,335 yards and 12 TDs. He had four games with at least 10 receptions.

OT John Booker, San Jose State, Sr., 6-4/345
HIGH SCHOOL: Hayward (Calif.) High
BUZZ: Booker, a four-year starter, was the Spartans' offensive line standout this season. He started at guard his first two seasons, started at guard and tackle last season, then was exclusively a tackle this season.

OT Ryan Clady, Boise State, Jr., 6-6/319
HIGH SCHOOL: Rialto (Calif.) Eisenhower
BUZZ: Clady is considered one of the best linemen in WAC history and, despite being a junior, is considered a prime tackle prospect for the NFL draft. His work on the line is a prime reason Boise is 10th in the nation in total offense at 475.7 yards per game.

OG Charles Manu, Nevada, Sr., 6-3/300
HIGH SCHOOL: Reno (Nev.) McQueen
BUZZ: Manu is a bull in the middle of a solid Wolf Pack line that paved the way for 1,000-yard rusher Luke Lippincott. Nevada leads the league and is 11th nationally in rushing offense at 225.8 yards per game. Manu started at guard in 2005, moved to tackle in '06, then moved back inside this season.

OG Hercules Satele, Hawaii, Sr., 6-2/288
HIGH SCHOOL: Long Beach (Calif.) Poly
BUZZ: Satele, a mauler in the middle of the line, is the Warriors' best lineman and helps keep pass rushers off Colt Brennan. His cousin, Samson, plays for the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

C Ryan Wendell, Fresno State, Sr., 6-2/275
HIGH SCHOOL: Diamond Bar (Calif.) High
BUZZ: Four-year starter was leader of a physical Bulldogs offensive line. Fresno State was second in the league and 16th nationally in rushing offense (204.7 yards per game), and the Bulldogs had 30 rushing TDs.

DE Tyler Clutts, Fresno State, Sr., 6-2/245
HIGH SCHOOL: Clovis (Calif.) High
BUZZ: Clutts had 5.5 sacks and seven tackles for loss among his 57 total tackles, the second-most tackles for a down lineman in the league. He was a high school quarterback and totaled 35 TDs as a senior.

DE Chris Pugh, Louisiana Tech, Sr., 6-3/235
HIGH SCHOOL: Silas (Ala.) Southern Choctaw
BUZZ: Pugh finished with 6.5 sacks and 12.5 tackles for loss as he used his speed to become an effective edge rusher. He also had 58 tackles (he led the league's down linemen), four quarterback hurries and three pass breakups.

DT Michael Lafaele, Hawaii, Sr., 6-0/302
HIGH SCHOOL: Honolulu Farrington
BUZZ: Lafaele is an absolute load in the middle. While his production doesn't turn heads – he has 18 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and a fumble recovery – he occupies two blockers on almost every play, enabling Hawaii's active linebackers to get clean shots at opposing runners.

LB Quin Harris, Louisiana Tech, Jr., 6-2/221
HIGH SCHOOL: Visalia (Calif.) Redwood
BUZZ: Harris was steady and consistent all season for the Bulldogs. He had 101 tackles, nine tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, an interception, 11 pass breakups, two quarterback hurries and a forced fumble.

LB Adam Leonard, Hawaii, Jr., 6-0/236
HIGH SCHOOL: Seattle Rainier Beach
BUZZ: Leonard is the Warriors' second-leading tackler, and he also fills up the stat sheet. He has 100 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, two sacks, four interceptions, four pass breakups, six quarterback hurries, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He returned two interceptions for TDs.

LB Marcus Riley, Fresno State, Sr., 6-0/220
HIGH SCHOOL: Sacramento (Calif.) Elk Grove
BUZZ: Riley has been suburb for the Bulldogs. Going into the Humanitarian Bowl, he has 123 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, an interception (against Hawaii), four pass breakups and three forced fumbles.

LB David Vobora, Idaho, Sr., 6-1/240
HIGH SCHOOL: Eugene (Ore.) Churchill
BUZZ: Vobora led the league with 148 tackles, giving him 282 tackles in the past two seasons. He had double-digit tackle totals in all but two games this season, and finished with an interception (against Hawaii), 6.5 tackles for loss and a sack.

CB Dwight Lowery, San Jose State, Sr., 6-1/185
HIGH SCHOOL: Santa Cruz (Calif.) Soquel
BUZZ: Lowery, a JC transfer, burst on the scene last season with nine picks. He wasn't as productive this season, but that's partly because teams shied away from throwing at his side as often. He still finished with four picks, including one against Hawaii that he returned for a TD, and seven pass breakups to go along with 44 tackles.

CB Myron Newberry, Hawaii, Sr., 5-9/175
HIGH SCHOOL: Denton (Texas) Archbishop Ryan
BUZZ: Newberry, a JC transfer, has four interceptions and eight pass breakups, and has been Hawaii's best defensive back this season. He returned one interception for a TD and also has 51 tackles and a sack.

SS Marty Tadman, Boise State, Sr., 5-11/182
HIGH SCHOOL: Mission Viejo (Calif.) High
BUZZ: Tadman was the emotional leader of a solid Broncos defense. He has 83 tackles, two picks and 10 pass breakups. He also was one of the better punt returners in the league.

FS Antonio Baker, Louisiana Tech, Soph., 5-11/200
HIGH SCHOOL: Amite (La.) High
BUZZ: Baker finished the season with 118 tackles, fifth-most in the league. He also had three picks and seven pass breakups.

K Kyle Brotzman, Boise State, Fr. (RS), 5-10/172
HIGH SCHOOL: Meridian (Idaho) High
BUZZ: Brotzman was 15-of-17 on his field-goal attempts, including a 12-of-12 mark from under 40 yards. He also punted part-time, averaging 45.1 yards on 17 kicks, with eight being downed inside the 20.

P Chris Keagle, Louisiana Tech, Jr., 6-0/223
HIGH SCHOOL: Baton Rouge (La.) Bishop Sullivan
BUZZ: Keagle led the league in punting at 41.3 yards per kick, and the Bulldogs are 25th nationally in net punting at 37.0 yards per boot. More than a third of his punts (26 of 76) were downed inside the 20.

KR A.J. Jefferson, Fresno State, Soph., 6-0/180
HIGH SCHOOL: Bakersfield (Calif.) West
BUZZ: Jefferson leads the nation in kickoff-return average, returning 26 for 930 yards (35.8 yards per return). He also took two back for scores, against Utah State and Hawaii.

PR Shiloh Keo, Idaho, Soph., 5-10/175
HIGH SCHOOL: Everett (Wash.) Archbishop Murray
BUZZ: Keo, who doubled as a starting cornerback (four picks and four pass breakups), averaged 16.8 yards on 19 returns. He took one back for a TD against Northern Illinois; he is one of four WAC players with a punt-return TD.

ALL-PURPOSE Kevin Robinson, Utah State, Sr., 6-0/192
HIGH SCHOOL: Fresno (Calif.) Hoover
BUZZ: Robinson finished his career as Division I-A's career leader in all-purpose yards per play, with a 16.2-yard average on 401 career plays. This season, he averaged 193.1 yards per game: He had 640 receiving yards (on 55 catches), 1,260 kickoff-return yards, 378 punt-return yards and 39 rushing yards. He led the nation in punt returns (18.9 per return) and was ninth in kickoff returns (29.3 per return). He also scored nine TDs: five on receptions, one on punt returns and three on kickoff returns.

Rivals all MAC
QB Nate Davis, Ball State, Soph., 6-2/214
HIGH SCHOOL: Bellaire (Ohio) High
BUZZ: Davis leads the league in passing yards (3,376) and touchdowns (27, against just six picks) and is completing 56.9 percent of his passes. The Cardinals are third in the league (and 30th nationally) in total offense.

RB Eugene Jarvis, Kent State, Soph., 5-5/158
HIGH SCHOOL: Pittsburgh Central Catholic
BUZZ: The little guy comes up big when running the ball. He leads the league and is fifth nationally in rushing yards per game (139.1) and has rushed for 1,669 yards and 10 TDs.

RB Kalvin McRae, Ohio, Sr., 5-11/207
HIGH SCHOOL: Avondale Estates (Ga.) Avondale
BUZZ: The Bobcats' workhorse (he has a league-high 294 carries) ran for 119.5 yards per game and leads the league with 19 rushing TDs. He ran for a career-high 1,434 yards, his third consecutive 1,000-yard season.

WR Jabari Arthur, Akron, Sr., 6-4/225
HIGH SCHOOL: Montreal Vanier Prep
BUZZ: The converted quarterback led the league with 10 TD receptions despite working with a lesser-caliber quarterback than the league's other elite receivers. Arthur had 86 catches for 1,171 yards.

WR Freddie Barnes, Bowling Green, Soph., 6-2/212
HIGH SCHOOL: Flossmoor (Ill.) Homewood-Flossmoor
BUZZ: Another converted quarterback. Barnes had 77 catches for 891 yards and was second in the league with nine TD catches, including two against Boston College.

WR Dante Love, Ball State, Jr., 5-10/176
HIGH SCHOOL: Cincinnati Withrow
BUZZ: He leads the league with 1,229 receiving yards and was second with 87 catches. All that production led to 102.4 yards per game and nine TDs.

OT John Greco, Toledo, Sr., 6-5/325
HIGH SCHOOL: Youngstown (Ohio) Boardman
BUZZ: Greco probably is the most-talented lineman in the league. He helped the Rockets lead the league in offense and paved the way for a 1,000-yard rusher (Jalen Parmele).

OT Andrew Hartline, Central Michigan, Jr., 6-5/297
HIGH SCHOOL: Stevensville (Mich.) Lakeshore
BUZZ: The Chippewas won the MAC title behind their powerful offense, and Hartline is the Chips' best lineman. CMU is second in the league and 22nd nationally in total offense.

OG Dave DiFranco, Miami, Jr., 6-3/303
HIGH SCHOOL: LaGrange (Ohio) Midview
BUZZ: He was a tight end and defensive end in high school, but settled in on the offensive line once he got to Miami. He played tackle his first two seasons, but looks to have found a home at guard.

OG Matt Miller, Ohio, Sr., 6-3/322
HIGH SCHOOL: Mechanicsville (Va.) Atlee
BUZZ: Hey, someone had to open hopes for McRae, and Miller was the Bobcats' best lineman. Miller is a four-year starter for the Bobcats, and befitting a former high school shot-put champion, he has good feet.

C Korey Lichtensteiger, Bowling Green, Sr., 6-3/300
HIGH SCHOOL: Van Wert (Ohio) Crestview
BUZZ: If Greco isn't the league's best lineman, this guy is. He has started every game in his college career – he owns a 47-game streak – and has helped lead the way for some powerful Falcons offenses.

DE Larry English, Northern Illinois, Jr., 6-3/254
HIGH SCHOOL: Aurora (Ill.) Marmion Academy
BUZZ: NIU struggled on defense, but English played well. He finished the season with 10.5 sacks, 67 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, three quarterback hurries, a forced fumble, a recovered fumble and two pass breakups.

DE Trevor Scott, Buffalo, Sr., 6-5/258
HIGH SCHOOL: Potsdam (N.Y.) High
BUZZ: The Bulls were a surprise contender in the East Division, and Scott was the defensive leader. He finished with 46 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, seven quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and two pass breakups.

DT Jason Jones, Eastern Michigan, Sr., 6-5/270
HIGH SCHOOL: Southfield (Mich.) Lathrup
BUZZ: Okam His team struggled, but Jones didn't. Indeed, he stuffed the stat sheet. He finished with 70 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, three pass breakups, 10 quarterback hurries and a forced fumble.

DT Colin Ferrell, Kent State, Sr., 6-0/283
HIGH SCHOOL: Highstown (N.J.) The Peddie School
BUZZ: He plugged the middle for the Golden Flashes, who finished third in the league in total defense. Ferrell had 55 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, five sacks, two forced fumbles, a quarterback hurry and a pass breakup.

LB Thomas Keith, Central Michigan, Sr., 5-11/242
HIGH SCHOOL: Franklin (Ga.) Heard County
BUZZ: The Chippewas weren't known for their defense, but Keith was too good to overlook. He was second in the league with 139 tackles and also was solid in pass coverage with two picks and six pass breakups.

LB Boston McCornell, Western Michigan, Jr., 6-1/233
HIGH SCHOOL: Macon (Ga.) Northeast
BUZZ: McCornell was an active playmaker for the Broncos. He led the team with 99 tackles, including 2.5 sacks and eight tackles for loss. He had 10 tackles against Iowa and Missouri. McCornell also had an interception return for a TD.

LB Clayton Mullins, Miami, Jr., 6-2/231
HIGH SCHOOL: Fairborn (Ohio) Ohio
BUZZ: The RedHawks were second in the league in total defense (update) and Mullins was a major reason. He leads the league in tackles with 143 and had four sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss and six pass breakups. For good measure, he also had two kickoff returns, averaging 21 yards per return. In five games against BCS-league teams, Mullins averaged 10.1 tackles per game.

CB Reggie Corner, Akron, Sr., 5-9/175
HIGH SCHOOL: Canton (Ohio) McKinley
BUZZ: Hey, nothing like an appropriate name, huh? Corner is tied for the league lead with seven interceptions, including one he returned for a TD in a victory over Army, and 12 pass breakups. He also had 52 tackles and three tackles for loss.

CB Jack Williams, Kent State, Sr., 5-9/176
HIGH SCHOOL: Norfolk (Va.) Washington
BUZZ: Williams had three picks and eight pass breakups. He also had 92 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss.

SS P.J. Mahone, Bowling Green, Soph., 5-11/201
HIGH SCHOOL: Elyria (Ohio) High
BUZZ: Mahone also tied for the league lead with seven interceptions, and he also returned one for a touchdown. He had 80 tackles and three pass breakups for a team that won eight regular-season games.

FS Davonte Shannon, Buffalo, Fr., 6-1/180
HIGH SCHOOL: Jeannette (Pa.) High
BUZZ: Shannon had a monster freshman season for the Bulls, who were a surprise contender for the East Division title. He led Buffalo with 123 tackles, including 10 tackles for loss. He also had three interceptions, five pass breakups, three forced fumbles and 2.5 sacks.

K Michael Braunstein, Ohio, Sr., 5-8/198
HIGH SCHOOL: Gilbert (Ariz.) High
BUZZ: Braunstein was 20-of-24 on the season, including 8-of-9 from 40-plus yards. He is a transfer from Washington; he used his final season of eligibility at Ohio under the since-overturned NCAA rule that allowed transfers to be eligible immediately if they had graduated from their original school.

P Brett Kern, Toledo, Sr., 6-3/201
HIGH SCHOOL: Grand Island (N.Y.) High
BUZZ: Kern started off the season averaging almost 50 yards per punt on eight punts in the opener against Purdue, and trailed off only a bit. He is second in the nation with a 46.1-yard average and helped the Rockets lead the nation in net punting as almost a third of his kicks (17 of 52) were downed inside the 20.

KR Bryan Williams, Akron, Jr., 6-0/195
HIGH SCHOOL: Akron (Ohio) Buchtel
BUZZ: He led the league and was second nationally at 31.9 yards per return. He took one back for a score against Ohio University. He also rushed for 728 yards for the Zips.

PR Eugene Harris III, Miami, Fr. (RS), 5-10/181
HIGH SCHOOL: Atlanta McNair
BUZZ: Harris averaged 9.3 yards and led the league with 30 returns. He also caught 46 passes for the RedHawks.

ALL-PURPOSE Antonio Brown, Central Michigan, Fr., 5-11/175
HIGH SCHOOL: Miami Norland
BUZZ: A late signee – Brown wasn't even in the team's media guide – emerged as a playmaker. Brown averages 27.7 yards per kickoff return, including one touchdown. He also has 98 receptions for 909 yards and five touchdowns. He also scored a rushing TD and averaged 11.4 yards on 12 punt returns.

Rivals All Mountain west
QB Max Hall, BYU, Soph., 6-1/200
HIGH SCHOOL: Mesa (Ariz.) Mountain View
BUZZ: Hall, a nephew of former NFL QB Danny White, leads the league with 3,617 passing yards and has 24 TD passes – the only MWC quarterback to throw at least 20 this season. Hall, who began his career at Arizona State, has completed 61 percent of his passes.

RB Rodney Ferguson, New Mexico, Jr., 6-0/229
HIGH SCHOOL: Albuquerque Manzano
BUZZ: Ferguson has rushed for 1,177 yards, which is fourth in the league, and 13 rushing TDs, which is tied for second. He has six 100-yard games this season for the Lobos.

RB Harvey Unga, BYU, Fr., (RS), 6-0/221
HIGH SCHOOL: Provo (Utah) Timpview
BUZZ: Unga is third in the league in rushing with 1,211 yards and tied for second with 13 rushing TDs. He also has 41 catches for another 629 yards and four more TDs. He had seven 100-yard rushing games and two 100-yard receiving games.

WR Austin Collie, BYU, Soph., 6-2/212
HIGH SCHOOL: El Dorado Hills (Calif.) Oak Ridge
BUZZ: Collie is tied for the league lead with six TD receptions, and finished the regular season with 50 catches for 839 yards (16.8 yards per catch). Two of his TDs came against UCLA, the team the Cougars also will face in the Las Vegas Bowl. Collie came on strong in the second half of the season, with 29 catches in the last six games.

WR Marcus Smith, New Mexico, Sr., 6-2/214
HIGH SCHOOL: San Diego Morse
BUZZ: He led the league with 86 catches – tied for 11th nationally –for 1,139 yards. Despite all that production, Smith scored just three TDs. He had three 100-yard games, including an 11-catch, 164-yard, one-TD performance in a victory over Arizona.

TE Dennis Pitta, BYU, Soph., 6-5/230
HIGH SCHOOL: Moorpark (Calif.) Moorpark
BUZZ: has 54 receptions – seventh-most by a tight end in the nation this season – for 775 yards (14.4 yards per catch) and five TDs. The receptions total is tied for fifth in the league, the TD total is tied for third and the yardage total is sixth.

OT Devin Clark, New Mexico, Sr., 6-4/312
HIGH SCHOOL: Mesa (Ariz.) Mountain View
BUZZ: Clark, a former JC transfer, overcame an ankle injury to become the Lobos' best lineman this season. He helped open holes for 1,000-yard rusher Rodney Ferguson.

OT Dallas Reynolds, BYU, Jr., 6-5/328
HIGH SCHOOL: Provo (Utah) Timpview
BUZZ: He might be the best lineman in the league. BYU leads the league and is 15th nationally in total offense (457.6 ypg), and Reynolds' work at tackle is a big reason Max Hall has time to throw and Harvey Unga has room to run.

OG Nick Allotta, Colorado State, Sr., 6-3/305
HIGH SCHOOL: San Diego Rancho Bernardo
BUZZ: The Rams were a big disappointment this season, but don't blame Allotta. The offense actually had its moments, especially on the ground (166.7 rushing ypg), and Allotta was the Rams' best lineman.

OG Robert Conley, Utah, Jr., 6-1/316
HIGH SCHOOL: La Marque (Texas) High
BUZZ: Conley's road-grading style helped Utes TB Darrell Mack reach the 1,000-yard mark. Utah scored at least 27 points six times in a seven-week stretch, and the work of Conley and his linemates helped pave the way for the production.

C Blaine Guenther, Air Force, Sr., 6-2/270
HIGH SCHOOL: Graham (Wash.) Bethel
BUZZ: Guenther was the key lineman on a unit that helped the Falcons lead the league and rank second nationally in rushing offense (298.5 yards per game). Air Force has scored 33 rushing TDs.

DE Jan Jorgensen, BYU, Soph., 6-3/260
HIGH SCHOOL: Helper (Utah) Carbon
BUZZ: Jorgensen, who has started every game of his college career, was a stat-sheet stuffer for the Cougars this season. He leads the league with 11.5 sacks and also has 73 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, five quarterback hurries and two forced fumbles. Jorgensen signed with Kentucky out of high school, then went on a Mormon mission.

DE Chase Ortiz, TCU, Sr., 6-3/255
HIGH SCHOOL: League City (Texas) Clear Creek
BUZZ: Ortiz has eight sacks this season. He has added 15.5 tackles for loss – giving him 40.5 for his career – and three forced fumbles. He also has 41 tackles and three pass breakups.

DT John Fletcher, Wyoming, Soph., 6-6/274
HIGH SCHOOL: Erie (Colo.) Ralston Valley
BUZZ: Fletcher was second in the league with 10.5 sacks. He finished with 60 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, a pass breakup, a quarterback hurry, a forced fumble and a blocked kick.

LB Beau Bell, UNLV, Sr., 6-3/245
HIGH SCHOOL: Tustin (Calif.) High
BUZZ: The Rebels struggled this season, but you can't blame Bell. He had a superb season, leading the league with 126 tackles. He added three sacks (including one against Hawaii and one against Wisconsin), 9.5 tackles for loss, five forced fumbles, four interceptions (including two against BYU) and three pass breakups.

LB Kelly Poppinga, BYU, Sr., 6-2/240
HIGH SCHOOL: Evanston (Wyo.) High
BUZZ: Poppinga, who began his career at Utah State before transferring, is the Cougars' leading tackler with 100. He also has seven tackles for loss, an interception, three pass breakups, three quarterback hurries and a forced fumble. He had 17 tackles and an interception in a victory over TCU.

LB John Rabold, Air Force, Sr., 6-3/235
HIGH SCHOOL: Newton (N.C.) Newton-Conover
BUZZ: Rabold has been a big-play guy for the Falcons' surprisingly good defense. He has 73 tackles, including 16.5 tackles for loss. He also has 5.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, a pass breakup and three fumble recoveries, including one he took back for a TD against Notre Dame.

LB Stevenson Sylvester, Utah, Soph., 6-2/215
HIGH SCHOOL: Las Vegas Valley
BUZZ: Sylvester acquitted himself quite nicely in his first season as a starter. He ranks second on the team with 80 tackles and has 10 tackles for loss, three sacks, five pass breakups and a forced fumble.

CB Carson Bird, Air Force, Sr., 5-11/190
HIGH SCHOOL: Newnan (Ga.) Northgate
BUZZ: He leads the league with six interceptions and also had five pass breakups. Bird has added 44 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and two tackles for loss.

CB Julius Stinson, Wyoming, Sr., 5-10/182
HIGH SCHOOL: Victorville (Calif.) Silverado
BUZZ: Stinson had five picks, including two in the opener against Virginia. He also had 12 pass breakups, 86 tackles, five tackles for loss and two blocked kicks.

SS Steve Tate, Utah, Sr., 5-11/195
HIGH SCHOOL: Elyria (Ohio) High
BUZZ: Tate, who began his career at Utah State, tied for the team lead with three picks. But it was his physical nature that stood out. He also had 98 tackles, 10 tackles for loss and two sacks to go along with the picks and four pass breakups.

FS David Roach, TCU, Sr., 6-2/215
HIGH SCHOOL: Abilene (Texas) High
BUZZ: Roach has 73 tackles to go along with an interception, five pass breakups, 2.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles. He helped TCU rank 34th nationally in pass defense (210.6 ypg).

K/P Louie Sakoda, Utah, Jr., 5-10/178
HIGH SCHOOL: San Jose (Calif.) Branham
BUZZ: Sakoda is 19-of-22 on field-goal attempts, including 10-of-13 from 40 yards or more. Each of his misses has been from at least 45 yards. He also leads the league in punting at 44.8 yards per boot. He also has had 27 of his 69 kicks downed inside the 20, and another 22 have been fair-caught.

KR Dion Morton, Colorado State, Soph., 5-10/162
HIGH SCHOOL: Riverside (Calif.) John W. North
BUZZ: Morton led the league in kickoff returns, averaging 26.8 per return. He was injured and missed the final three games of the season.

PR Derrek Richards, Utah, Sr., 5-11/175
HIGH SCHOOL: American Fork (Utah) High
BUZZ: Richards, who is the Utes' leading receiver with 53 catches, leads the league and is ninth nationally in punt returns with a 15.0 yard average on 28 returns. He returned a punt for a TD in a victory over Utah State.

ALL-PURPOSE Chad Hall, Air Force, Sr., 5-8/180
HIGH SCHOOL: Atlanta Wesleyan
BUZZ: The little guy had a huge season. He averages 208.7 all-purpose yards per game, good for third in the nation. He leads the league in rushing with 1,415 yards and with 14 rushing TDs. He has added 488 receiving yards, 176 punt-return yards and 425 kick-return yards. In all, he has accounted for 2,504 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »