Home

Early list of players that may need to be removed

This is a discussion on Early list of players that may need to be removed within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Early list of players that may need to be removed

VT WR Brandon Dillard is out for season due to injury, maybe longer:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...n-second-down/
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #50
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

BYU - FB Manase Tonga, #11, has been suspended for the season d/t felony.
BYU - LB Terrence Hooks, #47, injured, out for year

Florida - S Dee Finley was ineligible, going to prep school

ND - LB Aaron Nagel is transferring, likely to Northwestern

re: Transfer list - Brandon Warren has left FSU, may go to Tennessee, but he's not on their roster, and I've heard nothing to indicate that he will play there this year. Has anyone heard otherwise?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #51
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoslaw77
BYU - FB Manase Tonga, #11, has been suspended for the season d/t felony.
BYU - LB Terrence Hooks, #47, injured, out for year

Florida - S Dee Finley was ineligible, going to prep school

ND - LB Aaron Nagel is transferring, likely to Northwestern

re: Transfer list - Brandon Warren has left FSU, may go to Tennessee, but he's not on their roster, and I've heard nothing to indicate that he will play there this year. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Brandon Warren is going to Tennessee. He is waiting for a ruling to see if he is eligible, which he should be because he sat out last year. Everyone is saying that he will most likely be able to play.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

Defensive back Kim Royston transferred from Wisconsin to Minnesota.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #53
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Louisville WR Spillman arrested for DUI again

Junior wide receiver JaJuan Spillman's career with the University of Louisville football team likely is over after his second arrest in less than 18 months.

Spillman, 21, was arrested at 12:08 a.m. yesterday and charged with driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance, according to court records. Just last month, Spillman pleaded guilty to a marijuana possession charge stemming from his arrest Jan. 31, 2007.

In the later incident, Spillman was stopped by police on Shelbyville Road in Middletown because his license plate wasn't illuminated, Louisville Metro Police spokesman Phil Russell said. He took some time to pull over and smelled of marijuana, Russell said.

Spillman then failed a field sobriety test and admitted he had marijuana in his possession, Russell said. Police found a marijuana cigarette and a .25-caliber pistol with one round in the chamber in his car, Russell said.

Spillman was being held in Metro Corrections on a $5,000 full-cash bond yesterday while awaiting arraignment this morning.

The Pleasure Ridge Park High School product, who was suspended for the last half of last season for undisclosed reasons, probably won't play again for the Cardinals. But any official decision will have to wait until coach Steve Kragthorpe returns from a family vacation in Mexico.

"We are aware of JaJuan's situation," U of L football spokesman Rocco Gasparro said. "… JaJuan's situation will be addressed when coach Kragthorpe returns later in the week."

The January 2007 arrest occurred shortly after a car accident near campus. According to the police report, Spillman and a passenger admitted they had been smoking marijuana in the car, and police officers found 9.3 grams of the substance. He was charged with DUI and possession of marijuana.

That DUI charge was dropped last month, mostly because police couldn't prove he had been smoking right before the accident. But he pleaded guilty to the possession charge and was ordered to pay a $100 fine and attend drug counseling. An August hearing was scheduled to determine whether Spillman was following the terms of his plea bargain.

U of L officials said Spillman was disciplined internally after the arrest.

Kragthorpe suspended Spillman indefinitely after last season's North Carolina State game. Though Kragthorpe never gave a reason for the suspension, Spillman had been spotted arguing with coaches on the sideline during that game.

He was reinstated after the season and participated in spring practice. He was vying for a starting job at wide receiver.

One of the fastest players on the team, Spillman caught nine passes for 64 yards and rushed four times for 42 yards last season. He also averaged 22.2 yards on 18 kickoff returns.

If he is dismissed, Spillman would become the 21st scholarship underclassman to leave the team since the spring of 2007.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

On Washington. 24 JR Hasty and 16 Jordan Muchison. Both kicked off the team
Old 07-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

FK already mentioned Spillman for Louisville but others are:

HB George Stripling (dismissed)
DT Andre Henderson (quit team and football)
DL James McKinney (academics)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Louisville
Dale Martin-transfer?

I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!

Last edited by Bighoff; 07-04-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Country beat me to Stripling and McKinney

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »