Home

DT's Reporting No Problems (PS3 Rosters)

This is a discussion on DT's Reporting No Problems (PS3 Rosters) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: DT's Reporting No Problems (PS3 Rosters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
I dont know alot about computers but a guy at EB games said they went from a 2.40 to a 2.41 or something like that for down lowds so they wont have the freezing- bricking problem.
Is this true or am I completely stupid.

also, I really am not sure what you guys are talking about.
are you guys saying that the the online ps3 version of ncaa has an EA locker like in madden and you can friend someone who has rosters and downlowd from them ? forgive my lack of knowledge. at least I am trying to find out. as I wont have a ps3 till the end of the week- as long as circuit city has an 80 gig. - are 60 gigs backwards compatable too. I just want to get as much out of getting all this new stuff as I can. thanks for your help and answers
bump - sorry if bad eticate. I dont mean to be rude
Old 07-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #50
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
I dont know alot about computers but a guy at EB games said they went from a 2.40 to a 2.41 or something like that for down lowds so they wont have the freezing- bricking problem.
Is this true or am I completely stupid.

also, I really am not sure what you guys are talking about.
are you guys saying that the the online ps3 version of ncaa has an EA locker like in madden and you can friend someone who has rosters and downlowd from them ? forgive my lack of knowledge. at least I am trying to find out. as I wont have a ps3 till the end of the week- as long as circuit city has an 80 gig. - are 60 gigs backwards compatable too. I just want to get as much out of getting all this new stuff as I can. thanks for your help and answers
The 2.40 to 2.41 is a PS3 firmware update that isn't supposed to affect any games. Some were speculating this might have had an affect on the PS3 roster files but it probably doesn't. A very small amount of PS3's got locked up/bricked with the 2.40 firmware update which is why Sony pulled it and quickly released 2.41. They are fixing any PS3s that got bricked for free.

The 60 GB is the best PS3 in terms of backwards compatibility (BC). Its 100% BC (with a few exceptions) while the 80 GB units are only about 75 to 80% BC as it is based on software emulation. The 40 GB units are 0% BC but rumour has it there will be a firmware update in October that may allow them to have the same backwards compatibility as an 80 GB unit.

Only the PS3/360 versions of NCAA will have the roster sharing online as far as I know. The PS2 version will still have to use the max drive for file sharing. If you don't hook up your PS3 via the internet, you can still easily copy the roster files off the internet (whenever that happens) and copy them to your PS3 via a thumb drive/memory stick.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #51
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Whatever happened to BL? I used to always use his PS2 rosters. Has he retired from the roster editing world?
Yeah I havent heard from Blacklover in a minute.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The 2.40 to 2.41 is a PS3 firmware update that isn't supposed to affect any games. Some were speculating this might have had an affect on the PS3 roster files but it probably doesn't. A very small amount of PS3's got locked up/bricked with the 2.40 firmware update which is why Sony pulled it and quickly released 2.41. They are fixing any PS3s that got bricked for free.

The 60 GB is the best PS3 in terms of backwards compatibility (BC). Its 100% BC (with a few exceptions) while the 80 GB units are only about 75 to 80% BC as it is based on software emulation. The 40 GB units are 0% BC but rumour has it there will be a firmware update in October that may allow them to have the same backwards compatibility as an 80 GB unit.

Only the PS3/360 versions of NCAA will have the roster sharing online as far as I know. The PS2 version will still have to use the max drive for file sharing. If you don't hook up your PS3 via the internet, you can still easily copy the roster files off the internet (whenever that happens) and copy them to your PS3 via a thumb drive/memory stick.

wow! thanks rudy, amazing stuff!
so, to confirm, I can get a 60 gig and still be backwards compatable with all my sports games- EA , 2k etc ? I dont have to shoot for the 80 gig?I would ultimately ratherget rosters from on line lockers because it would easier- basically just going online. the other stuff sounds like extra money and im sure its easy , step by step. But I dont know how to do it yet. but thank you for taking the time duuude
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #53
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Yeah I havent heard from Blacklover in a minute.
"in a minute"!?

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 07-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #54
Rookie

JRdaTruth's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
"in a minute"!?

in a minute is slang for.......a long time man...........damn!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #55
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRdaTruth
in a minute is slang for.......a long time man...........damn!

That makes so much sense!

I guess I'm out of the loop, but of all the slang, this one is ridiculous.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #56
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Am I the only one who could careless about where the rosters are made? I could careless if joe steals from bill, and bill gets em from pete. As long as I get them for free do whatever possible to get them day 1. Thank you very much for whoever does.
Unfortunately that's what's wrong with the world these days. As long as you get what you want it's alright but if it was your hard work being stolen would you be happy I had the roster that Joe stole from you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »