Home

Kle's PS2 NCAA Football 2009 Rosters

This is a discussion on Kle's PS2 NCAA Football 2009 Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #49
Rookie

Paydirt927's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Kle's PS2 NCAA Football 2009 Rosters

Kle, thanks in advance for the hard work. Can't wait. Not to hijack, but I've got a question a little off subject. I haven't bought a new version of NCAA since the '06 installment, so I am afraid my sliders might be out of date. It seems the slider threads are covered with PS3 slider sets, so I figured this would be the place to ask because only PS2 players would be checking into this thread. Any good slider set suggestions? Thanks in advance for anyone's help, and again my appologies to Kle for getting off subject.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only thing about that tut is its kind of misleading you dont need to be able to play backups or run ulaunch. Though I have these capabilities myself it is not necessary. Just the cheat device and a flash drive.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paydirt927
Kle, thanks in advance for the hard work. Can't wait. Not to hijack, but I've got a question a little off subject. I haven't bought a new version of NCAA since the '06 installment, so I am afraid my sliders might be out of date. It seems the slider threads are covered with PS3 slider sets, so I figured this would be the place to ask because only PS2 players would be checking into this thread. Any good slider set suggestions? Thanks in advance for anyone's help, and again my appologies to Kle for getting off subject.
From what I have heard you dont want to base anything off of the ps3 or 360 sliders the gameplay on those consoles is lacking in comparison to the good ole ps2. I will check into the slider thing and let you know what I got going on there that might help you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #52
Rookie

Paydirt927's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98talon
From what I have heard you dont want to base anything off of the ps3 or 360 sliders the gameplay on those consoles is lacking in comparison to the good ole ps2. I will check into the slider thing and let you know what I got going on there that might help you.
OK, thanks. Yes I have read about all the slider troubles the PS3/360 guys are having. This is the one instance were I'm glad I'm behind times and still playing on a ps2.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #53
Rookie

elliottcarbone's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
NEW ADDITION: Since I come over from MM, I figure I should introduce myself before posting this here. I've been doing rosters since the GameCube days when I was the only one doing them, and I've also done March Madness rosters for the PS2. I'm very experienced in doing these and I can assure and guarantee you that my rosters will be 100% perfect based on what I am advertising right here.

------------------------------------------------------

Here's a thread since it seems like PS2 is getting some fuel behind it by some of you guys with the newfound "glitches" and "bugs" in the 360/PS3 versions.

So I'll be doing rosters for the PS2 version again, but the main point of making this thread is to see if anyone would actually be willing to help. I'll be able to edit rosters everyday from about 5 pm to 11 pm, but I was hoping there could be someone (or a couple other people) who could take over to work on it during the daytime so we can get these done as fast as possible.

With my keyboard, I can usually get one team done every 30-40 minutes depending on how many problems they have with their roster, although that time dwindles every year since we've been able to edit classes.

If you ARE interested in helping, please leave a message in here. I would preferably like to get guys who have worked on rosters before on a wide-spread scale, aka guys who have done full rosters and distributed them before. Reason being is because I'm a perfectionist and want to have the best PS2 rosters out there available to get. I go to the best of my abilities to make sure there are no errors whatsoever in the rosters as far as names go, and I would want any people who are willing to help out to go to the same lengths to make sure the rosters are correct. In the past when I've had people help out, I still went through the teams they did to double check them haha and I'm hoping to avoid that this year.

As far as info about the rosters...

What will the roster file include?
The MAXDRIVE roster file will include named rosters of every Division 1-A team. Also - the rosters will include "signatures." Armbands for certain scrub players, ankle tape for certain scrub players, equipment taken off of some players, etc. This is to prove that any stolen roster file that is discovered as being sold for profit can be turned in to the NCAA and have legal action taken against them by both myself and the NCAA.

What kind of edits will be made?
At this point, I don't plan on changing ANY attributes unless it is a severe case. For instance, last season there were a couple offensive tackles who got moved to tight end, so if a tackle is moved like that but has a 40 catch rating, his catch rating will be adjusted accordingly. No equipment will be added/taken away, and heights/weights will only be edited in the case of a player having a different height/weight on BOTH the school's website and in the Athlon magazine. There were also a couple issues last year where defensive/offensive linemen were listed at 195 and needed to be 295, etc.

Will transfers be taken care of?
For the first run of rosters, I will probably just name the players the names they were intended to be by EA, and not move them. However, if EA has given the ability to change a player's team, which I doubt, then they will be moved. If not, though, then they will probably stay on their "old" team for version 1.0.

When will they be completed?
If I'm working on these by myself, I would try my hardest to have them done by the end of July, but even that is pushing it with the limited time each day I'll have to work on them. If I can get two-three other people working on them, I would anticipate having them done by July 25th.

What would future versions include?
Right now, I'm not making any plans for future versions. However, if someone else wanted to make equipment/position changes, I would welcome them to do it. I won't be adding any players in on my own, so if someone wants to do that, they can do that as well. If nobody has done 1-AA rosters by the time the season begins, I may do those after all the schools have updated their football rosters on their websites when the season has started.

How can I get the rosters?
The roster will be posted here periodically, as I want people to get the rosters whenever they want. Myself, I plan on working through them in alphabetical order by team name. I would ideally want to post the roster here every night when I am done editing it so people can pick it up, and if enough is done for them, they can take it and finish it on their own. I don't want to make people wait for the full named roster to be out if they don't want to wait that long. They will be posted here by me, at least, in maxdrive format.

ALSO, if anyone is interested in the rosters, I will be glad to give my mailing address out in a private message with instructions on how to make it go as smooth as possible to get the rosters back to you. I won't be buying any memory cards for people, you will be expected to send in your own memory card, and it will be sent back to you the same day it is received if you are sending the card after the rosters are already done. If you want to send the memory card in before the rosters are done, then the memory card will be sent back out the day the first full version of rosters is completed. You must send a memory card that has more than enough room for a roster file (I want to say last year the size of the roster file was around 2000 kb), and if your memory card does not have enough room on it, I will attempt to contact you through a PM on here, and if that is not successful, I will send it back to you with no rosters on it, unless directions are sent along with the card on what to delete off the memory card if there is insufficient space.

So like I said, if anyone is interested in helping, please leave a message in this thread. If anyone is interested in mailing a memory card to be sent back, send me a private message and I will get back to you asap.

Dude why even bother with PS2? Upgrade and trust ps3 will be worth it. The fact is PS2 is obsolete and soon enough EA should only focus on next gen and stop making games for PS2. The graphics are terrible and the whole console is obsolete. UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE!!! Who cares about PS2 rosters.........
NCAA BB: Miami Hurricanes
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

National Champions

1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, 2001

Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #54
Rookie

Thank you Kle for the hardwork on this. I've got an odd question. Will the new rosters work on last years version? My initial thought is no but I'll ask anyway.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #55
Rookie

Paydirt927's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottcarbone
Dude why even bother with PS2? Upgrade and trust ps3 will be worth it. The fact is PS2 is obsolete and soon enough EA should only focus on next gen and stop making games for PS2. The graphics are terrible and the whole console is obsolete. UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE!!! Who cares about PS2 rosters.........

Thanks for the tip, chode..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #56
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98talon
The only thing about that tut is its kind of misleading you dont need to be able to play backups or run ulaunch. Though I have these capabilities myself it is not necessary. Just the cheat device and a flash drive.
What kind of cheat device are you refering to? I need to know where I can go buy one if that is what I need. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »