Home

NCAA 09 Wii rosters?

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Wii rosters? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #345
Rookie

SkullStevePSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 09 Wii rosters?

Is there an online mode for Madden 09? In Madden 08 (wii), you needed to download the current roster updates to play in online mode, so they released several roster updates (available via Wii connect) throughout the year. I would expect they'd do the same this year, even though they left us out in the cold on the NCAA 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #346
Rookie

montanajoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullStevePSU
Is there an online mode for Madden 09? In Madden 08 (wii), you needed to download the current roster updates to play in online mode, so they released several roster updates (available via Wii connect) throughout the year. I would expect they'd do the same this year, even though they left us out in the cold on the NCAA 09.
How do you get those Madden 08 Wii update rosters on Wii connect and then get them into the game. Is it same as with NCAA 09?
Basically I do not know where they are in Wii connects menu
Old 08-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'd help out with I-AA rosters...but I'd probably prefer to do a rough depth chart touch-up on I-A first (eg drop the suspended, kicked off, and transferred players to the bottom of the depth chart; reorder obvious problems, like So Carolina's QB and PSU's WR-Jordan Norwood; and properly establish KR and PR when obvious). Any thoughts?
Yeah, there is definitely some touching up that could be done... I guess it's obvious for me since I'm an OSU fan, but...
OSU roster problems:
-Antonio Henton is no longer a QB for them, xfered to Georgia Southern
-Aram Olson is no longer their FB (career ending injury problem)
Curtis Terry (LB) will now be their FB (although he'll still play some LB too, so don't know how you'd do that...)
-Ray Small (WR) is #82
-#8 WR should be #15 Lamaar Thomas (according to height, weight, etc.)
-#83 WR is not Dan Potokar (he's battling cancer), it's DeVier Posey and the number should be 8
-I have no idea who RE #50, Cameron Rink is! Don't think there's a player on OSU named that
-DT #72, Scott Sika is not a DT, he's an offensive lineman
-FS #32, Eugene Clifford, transfered to Tenn. State

Also some guys missing, but you guys probably aren't adding people they don't already have numbers for in the game...

I'm not trying to be critical... Just pointing out what I noticed. Most of the errors are probably EA's fault. I would just make the fixes and post them, but I'm not really sure how this operation is workign and don't want to mess anything up!

It's amazing how you guys came together to do this here! Great job!

Last edited by tabeytabe; 08-13-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #348
Rookie

SkullStevePSU's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, there is definitely some touching up that could be done... I guess it's obvious for me since I'm an OSU fan, but...
OSU roster problems:
-Antonio Henton is no longer a QB for them, xfered to Georgia Southern
-Aram Olson is no longer their FB (career ending injury problem)
Curtis Terry (LB) will now be their FB (although he'll still play some LB too, so don't know how you'd do that...)
-Ray Small (WR) is #82
-#8 WR should be #15 Lamaar Thomas (according to height, weight, etc.)
-#83 WR is not Dan Potokar (he's battling cancer), it's DeVier Posey and the number should be 8
-I have no idea who RE #50, Cameron Rink is! Don't think there's a player on OSU named that
-DT #72, Scott Sika is not a DT, he's an offensive lineman
-FS #32, Eugene Clifford, transfered to Tenn. State

Also some guys missing, but you guys probably aren't adding people they don't already have numbers for in the game...

I'm not trying to be critical... Just pointing out what I noticed. Most of the errors are probably EA's fault. I would just make the fixes and post them, but I'm not really sure how this operation is workign and don't want to mess anything up!

It's amazing how you guys came together to do this here! Great job!
Thanks for the input. Everyone needs editors and fact-checkers, from authors to politicians to roster updaters! As far as I know, the game won't allow transfers or players to be added or deleted, so our hands are tied with some of the issues. However, we can bump the players who aren't there down the depth chart at the very least, and the misnomers, position changes and incorrect numbers are duly noted...thanks.

BTW, I believe that the depth chart does NOT take manual position changes into account, e.g. a guy who moved from DB to WR may still show up as the starting FS, even if his position has been edited to read WR. Hence the importance of some depth chart editing.

As for not wanting to mess up the flow of the team effort, I'm sure you'd be a great contributor. The guidelines are: a) If no one has the file "checked out," post that you'll edit for a while, and start editing; b) Confirm (in a post) the previous editor's team(s) edited; c) Make your edits; d) Post the edited file along with a note of what you've accomplished. The technical side of this can be found at the bottom of page 16 of this thread, and is exceedingly simple, provided you have an SD card.

I know that weekdays are not ideal for most people to work on this, but please help out if you can. We're almost there, let's finish strong!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 AM   #349
Rookie

rajrhcpfreak's Arena

I did some of those edits for Kentucky back when I did the names. Since I go to school there I knew some of the inaccuracies. Granted this was before Curtis Pulley was kicked off the team and Harline promoted as starting QB.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #350
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Everyone needs editors and fact-checkers, from authors to politicians to roster updaters! As far as I know, the game won't allow transfers or players to be added or deleted, so our hands are tied with some of the issues. However, we can bump the players who aren't there down the depth chart at the very least, and the misnomers, position changes and incorrect numbers are duly noted...thanks.

BTW, I believe that the depth chart does NOT take manual position changes into account, e.g. a guy who moved from DB to WR may still show up as the starting FS, even if his position has been edited to read WR. Hence the importance of some depth chart editing.

As for not wanting to mess up the flow of the team effort, I'm sure you'd be a great contributor. The guidelines are: a) If no one has the file "checked out," post that you'll edit for a while, and start editing; b) Confirm (in a post) the previous editor's team(s) edited; c) Make your edits; d) Post the edited file along with a note of what you've accomplished. The technical side of this can be found at the bottom of page 16 of this thread, and is exceedingly simple, provided you have an SD card.

I know that weekdays are not ideal for most people to work on this, but please help out if you can. We're almost there, let's finish strong!
Cool, I'll try to find some time to help out!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #351
Rookie

I am "checking out" the file and will knock out a team or two.

BYU @ UWash
USC @ Oregon St
Penn St @ Iowa
Minn @ Wisc

and maybe the Red River Shootout
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #352
Rookie

Okay here it is with SJSU & SMU.

Stanford has been verified.

Someone please verify SJSU & SMU
Attached Files
File Type: zip RNAE.zip (1.37 MB, 10 views)

BYU @ UWash
USC @ Oregon St
Penn St @ Iowa
Minn @ Wisc

and maybe the Red River Shootout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »