Home

BCS Conference Corrections (XBOX 360)

This is a discussion on BCS Conference Corrections (XBOX 360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: BCS Conference Corrections (XBOX 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm going to give way to DK because I did not see that he was working on these. He's the man for roster updates so I'm just going to help him where I can.
Okay, Can you still post your Arizona edits?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

So is this something that's going to be loaded on EA Locker, or are we just listing them to do ourselves?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'll do a couple for the ACC:

Florida State:
-while I don't know any specifics, they are overrated on this game. I haven't seen ANY publication pick FSU to win the conference, yet they are the best team in the ACC on this game.

North Carolina
-WR #88 Hakeem Nicks was one of the best receivers in the conference last year, catching 54 passes (2nd in conference among returning players, only behind Aaron Kelly of Clemson) for 958 yards (2nd in conference among returning players, again behind Kelly) and 5 touchdowns. Yet, he is rated significantly worse than FSU's top two wide receivers (Preston Parker and Greg Carr). Not sure whether Nicks needs to be brought up or the Noles, as mentioned, need to be brought down, or both.

Wake Forest:
-CB #2 Alphonso Smith is the active leader in the NCAA in interceptions. He needs to be rated much higher.
-SS #9 Chip Vaughn led Wake Forest in tackles last year; he should probably be bumped up.
-FS #10 Kevin Patterson is described as "inconsistent" in my ACC preview magazine and is apparently being pushed for his starting job by freshman safety John Stamper. Personally, I'd swap Patterson and Smith (making Smith the impact player, which Patterson is currently), then make Smith much better.
-In general, the Deacons are kinda underrated, IMO.

Virginia:
-WR #22 Staton Jobe is actually 5'9". The game lists him as 6'5".
-WR #20 Kevin Ogletree is actually a redshirt junior, NOT a senior.
-CB #28 Mike Brown needs to be removed from the team. Replace him with LB #45 Denzel Burrell, a junior linebacker who figures to get plenty of playing time this season.
-WR #82 Chris Dalton needs to be removed from the team. Replace him with DE #95 Kevin Crawford, a junior who is returning to the team after some academic troubles in previous years, and will be a member of the defensive line rotation.
-A number of players are incorrectly listed as true sophomores, and should be redshirt freshmen. Among them (off the top of my head):
---SS #40 Corey Mosley
---LB #50 Terrence Fells-Danzer
---LB #52 Aaron Taliaferro
---CB #31 Chase Minniefield
---DE #94 Matt Conrath (also now 269 lbs, listed as 230 on game)
---HB #36 Max Milien
-C #64 Jack Shields is actually 289 lbs (IIRC the game listed him lighter, as he used to play TE).
-It's of my personal opinion that HB #37 Cedric Peerman is underrated. He rushed for 585 yards and 5 TDs in but six games last year as UVa's primary running back until being lost for the season against Middle Tennessee State (at which point HB #5 Mikell Simpson emerged). Assuming he keeps that same pace of 97.5 YPG, he would have finished the year (including the bowl game) with 1267 yards and 11 TDs, which would top Clemson's HB #1 James Davis (finished with 1064 yards and 10 TDs). I'm not saying Peerman should be better than Davis, but he's better than an 85 OVR for certain, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

are the teams able to be reordered/reranked according to the preseason polls that are out now? can't wait to get a final updated roster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »