Home

Anybody have NCAA 2002 Rosters with names but with no rating adjustments, equip, etc?

This is a discussion on Anybody have NCAA 2002 Rosters with names but with no rating adjustments, equip, etc? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anybody have NCAA 2002 Rosters with names but with no rating adjustments, equip, etc?

I'm looking for this roster file, but all I've seen so far is some that were drastically changed from what the defaults are listed as. I would like to get file with only the names edited and I don't care in what format (max, cbs, xport or sharkport) as long as it's for the PS2. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anybody have NCAA 2002 Rosters with names but with no rating adjustments, equip,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgqb#19nyj
I'm looking for this roster file, but all I've seen so far is some that were drastically changed from what the defaults are listed as. I would like to get file with only the names edited and I don't care in what format (max, cbs, xport or sharkport) as long as it's for the PS2. Any help would be appreciated.
Why do you want them without any changes, besides the names?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Anybody have NCAA 2002 Rosters with names but with no rating adjustments, equip,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Why do you want them without any changes, besides the names?

I am what you would call a purist. I just wanted them because the other ncaa roster files that I have, from 2003 to 09, have no rating adjustments that I know of, and I find that odd that only the 2002 rosters have been pretty much altered entirely. I just figured some kid decided to change them to what he thought they should be, and that's why there were so many changes.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
I am what you would call a purist. I just wanted them because the other ncaa roster files that I have, from 2003 to 09, have no rating adjustments that I know of, and I find that odd that only the 2002 rosters have been pretty much altered entirely. I just figured some kid decided to change them to what he thought they should be, and that's why there were so many changes.
Either way, even if it was just "some kid" who made random changes to the rosters, they're still going to be just as accurate because the default rosters are so messed up.

If you say that they've been altered entirely and that they have many changes, I would say that's because you have a file that has had a lot of work put into it. Obviously, I don't know that for a fact, though. So, you can't tell if they're accurate? It should be easy to tell.

"I find that odd that only the 2002 rosters have been pretty much altered entirely."

There are NCAA roster files, for the PS2, from 2002 on up, that have been altered entirely. Like I said, the best files are ones that have been altered entirely (with correct information) because the default rosters are so messed up.

Last edited by Jason_19; 08-24-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
Either way, even if it was just "some kid" who made random changes to the rosters, they're still going to be just as accurate because the default rosters are so messed up.

If you say that they've been altered entirely and that they have many changes, I would say that's because you have a file that has had a lot of work put into it. Obviously, I don't know that for a fact, though. So, you can't tell if they're accurate? It should be easy to tell.

"I find that odd that only the 2002 rosters have been pretty much altered entirely."

There are NCAA roster files, for the PS2, from 2002 on up, that have been altered entirely. Like I said, the best files are ones that have been altered entirely (with correct information) because the default rosters are so messed up.

I understand why some of these well known roster editors make the necessary changes during the NCAA Football season, but they usually release them first with the default settings prior to the season starting. These hardcoded rosters with numbers, positions, etc. that are listed are based on what they did the previous year, so there is no way EA could know who will improve or get worse during the next season in which the game is meant to be played in. I mean, even Madden Rosters are off, so there is no surprise to see this happening with the NCAA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
there is no way EA could know who will improve or get worse during the next season in which the game is meant to be played in. I mean, even Madden Rosters are off, so there is no surprise to see this happening with the NCAA games.
Obviously, they're not psychic, but it would be very simple to double or triple the accuracy of the default ratings, before the release of the game.

Madden, this season, has some pretty accurate ratings for most of the players. I was really surprised. Many of the rookies are pretty messed up, though, but they always are.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:56 PM   #7
Rookie

If anyone has the NCAA Football roster names for '99, 2000 or 2001 on PS1. I would like to pay you for a copy. Trust me I will not low ball you financially since this is a odd request. Please reach out at [email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »