Home

NEW NCAA '09 (360) Roster Undertaking Post-Patch

This is a discussion on NEW NCAA '09 (360) Roster Undertaking Post-Patch within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NEW NCAA '09 (360) Roster Undertaking Post-Patch

Well he asked fk and permission was granted for him to use his set as his base.
If you guys really want true post patch rosters, the best thing to do is start over from scratch. I thought about doing it but that is a lot of work to do. So I just use dk's as it is & it works fine for me.

Last edited by loccdogg26; 09-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
Well he asked fk and permission was granted for him to use his set as his base.
If you guys really want true post patch rosters, the best thing to do is start over from scratch. I thought about doing it but that is a lot of work to do.
So DK's rosters really aren't post patch rosters? I was pretty sure they weren't but just wanted to be sure before I wasted my time downloading them. Even if DK doesn't give permission, we could still post changes that should be made and each individual can make those changes in their own game if they want to. I'm pretty sure that's okay to do.

-Jason

Last edited by jalbin; 09-02-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

They aren't post patch but there was a workaround the bug. Do not create any players and it should be fine. His rosters work for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

1) I asked his permission to use his, i always ask permission to anyones roster i use.

2) I spent over 300 hours on those rosters and asked for nothing but for others to not use them for the base. Why shouldn't i get that respect for my time at least. Its BS like this is why people charge for rosters now. Also, its why fewer and fewer are going rosters as they don't want their work stolen.

So bottomline, i am not granting permission and i dont' care if you like it or not.

BTW- if you would have just asked for permission and 1) didn't belittle my work and 2) not mention just steal them anyway, i would have handed them off to you next week when i planned to start my online dynasty. I have mentioned before that i wanted to hand them off at that point.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 09-03-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
They aren't post patch but there was a workaround the bug. Do not create any players and it should be fine. His rosters work for me.
But if you don't create any players, then you aren't really going to have accurate rosters. I mean, how many teams are in this game that have players that aren't even on the team, or don't have players that are not only on the team, but going to be big contributors this year or next?

-Jason
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #14
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Oh I see what your saying...hmm...thats some serious B.S...well if there is sufficient interest (which doesn't seem to be the case) I'd like to do it anyways, I wonder what the repercussions would be...
You would get banned for one. Two you can bank on future rosters update and versions not happening when losers like yourself start stealing rosters- AKA DT linder style
Old 09-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

From where I'm looking his rosters are fine with me. Player's that are no longer on the team are usually edited to be someone else. Honestly I'm with dk on this one. Why would you put it all of that time and energy into a game and someone comes along and tries to pass off the work as their own and try to charge people for it. I see that as a big slap in the face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #16
All Star

Quote:
He has it posted on the first page of his roster thread that was locked. I do not know what his reasoning is though.
Because of guys like the original poster- like i am going to have all the offical depth charts in on the first saturday of the season.

Plus, i never said i wasn't going to continue on them. I said the opposite in my thread- i would continue to work on the depth charts thru next weekend.

BTW- i had country close it because the thread overall was dropping in quality. Alot more complaining and less information. It was to the point where its just better for me to look up the offical depth chart instead.

Last point- the last thing when you do rosters is just have a bunch of people work on them, you do not get consistency. Two or three at most with the same agreed on philosophy is the way to go. I guarantee you if you just open them up you'll get some wild ratings and vastly overrated teams.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 09-03-2008 at 03:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »