Home

DKrause1971 Rosters (360)

This is a discussion on DKrause1971 Rosters (360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:56 AM   #297
Rookie

Thechrislayne's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: DKrause1971 Rosters (360)

ND suggestions..

Tate and Floyd lead ND in receieving. ND has developed an amazing 1 back system. Tate should be #1 on depth and Floyd #2.

Suggestion for rating tweaks for him.. He is in 23rd in receiving yards in the NFL, Id suggest a few catching, spec catching "watch him leap", acceleration "How else does he get away for the big yards but no TDs? And a point or two in special catching. Consider 1 more point in jumping. He should be TDs top overall receiever.

For Floyd, he has 6 rec TDs thus far, but not near as many yards as tate. TO me this says he runs routes well, and makes more catches in traffic. He's also slightly more ellusive than the game gives him credit for.

Just your basic updates from the basic ND bias fan in an orderly fasion
Old 09-30-2008, 06:42 AM   #298
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechrislayne
ND suggestions..

Tate and Floyd lead ND in receieving. ND has developed an amazing 1 back system. Tate should be #1 on depth and Floyd #2.

Suggestion for rating tweaks for him.. He is in 23rd in receiving yards in the NFL, Id suggest a few catching, spec catching "watch him leap", acceleration "How else does he get away for the big yards but no TDs? And a point or two in special catching. Consider 1 more point in jumping. He should be TDs top overall receiever.

For Floyd, he has 6 rec TDs thus far, but not near as many yards as tate. TO me this says he runs routes well, and makes more catches in traffic. He's also slightly more ellusive than the game gives him credit for.

Just your basic updates from the basic ND bias fan in an orderly fasion
I'll look at them- Tate and Floyd are already 1-2 on my depth charts though, have been for awhile now.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #299
Rookie

Thechrislayne's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh my bad man =)
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #300
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Looking at your rosters, Baylor looks pretty good. I like how you have Jason Smith (was so weird he wasn't even ranked high enough to be the starter in the game for Baylor at tackle when he is going to be on the of top tackle prospects in the draft) and Jordan Lake rated higher (as they should be ) Griffin at a 83 is pretty good. Only thing with a quick glance I might change is Kendall Wright, he has easily been the best Baylor receiver this year maybe bump him up just a tad to get him in the top 4 receivers. One thing, I didn't see Nick Florence on your roster (he is on default) but I saw Tyler Beatty, Beaty is no longer on the team and Florence is a grey shirt. Might have to just swith the names of those two and mess with a few attributes.

I think I'll go with your roster set to start my dynasty.

Last edited by Brandwin; 09-30-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #301
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

DK got a question for ya bro. Playmaker on sportsgamer.com has been doing alumni rosters and doing edits to the ratings and reporting back good results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playermaker
The Minimum setting on my file will once again be 60. I simply don't agree with players at all posistion being rated in the low 40's and 50's because it makes for terrible game play out of the box.

QBA-Is probably going to come down the file this year because of obvious reason's. There will be a roughly 20 guys that I'll consider ELITE in this area and they will warrant a 95-99 rating most of them will probably be SR's right out of the gate. But you can expect a drop off this year for the amount of guys overall in the 90's

BALL CARRIER VISION-This is one of the games most underated ratings when it comes to the RB's. They don't see the things develope very well with the low default ratings. By increasing this the last two years I've been able to get the CPU's RB's to do some great things on the field. When you combine this rating with high AWR for players like O.J. Simpson or Archie Griffin you'll be shocked at the way RB's attack you compared to the brain dead RB's on the default rosters.

PURSUIT-For All players on Offense will be at 60....This rating will take away the easy points you see off of turnovers. It makes the offensive players not quit as fast on a play. It worked out great in both 07 and 08

ALL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS CATCH RATINGS-This was the best way IMO to reduce INT's in both 07 and 08. By reducing these ratings accross the boards you'll see more players getting a hand on the ball but it's not an AUTOMATIC INT. This works out even better with the INT slider in game set up properly after the edits.

DB's are usually rated between 50-60. Only handful on the file will be at 65-70 and those are ELITE CB's such as Deion Sanders or Charles Woodson.

LB's are usually rated between 35-45 and DL take a huge drop off between 20-25 overall

PLAY RECOGNITION-This will go up accross the boards for all defenders with a minimum setting of 60.

ZONE COVERAGE & MAN COVERAGE-This will go up accross the boards for DB's and LB's.

FINESSE/POWER MOVE-This is another one th most underated ratings within the game. This rating brings the Defenders to life more especially on the DL. I usually get the DE's to be much more active when their engaged in a block because their Finesse moves are increased and you'll see them try to beat OL with speed and quickness more often.

The power move is something you'll see more DT's rated higher at on the file than DE's. But some DE's like Reggie White will have this rating up higher than his Finesse rating because he was a powerful DE that beat you beat you on strength aswell. Vice Versa a guy like Warren Sapp is going to be rated higher in his Finesse moves at DT.
Have you ever thought of doing edits such as this. Reason I am asking is I created another thread about the large amount of CPU QB INTS and this has been a major problem with the game on all levels with any sliders. Like playmaker is doing he is lowering the catch ratings on all defensive players. a global edit.

I like seeing sliders in the game but I think to truly unlock the real potential of the game is with roster edits.

Later bro
PHOBIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #302
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

wow...this opens up a whole new realm of possibilities...

...and a TON of work (LOL!!).
Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #303
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
wow...this opens up a whole new realm of possibilities...

...and a TON of work (LOL!!).
That is the reason why I made the topic on the main page to OMT to see if in 2010 we could get a global ratings editor in game. would greatly speed up the process to minutes rather than through each person by person.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #304
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

But wouldn't the problem come back w/ the recruits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »