Home

THE REALEST ROSTER PROJECT. (Post patch)

This is a discussion on THE REALEST ROSTER PROJECT. (Post patch) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
THE REALEST ROSTER PROJECT. (Post patch)

Xbox 360 Rosters are up download and give feedback Gamertag: gatorbull
Post patch: new 10/27

I will leave my original post on the bottum and put updates on the top of this post in bold. My recruiting efforts were not very good, I had one helper who tried to do Iowa State and when I got the roster back (5 days later) it was such a mess I just started with my original file I sent him.

So I have finally finished my set of rosters. I have a new found respect for anyone who has ever taken on this task. I named every player from scratch, after the patch. The reason I did the roster was because I wanted a set that was post patch so I could create players for teams that needed them. I went on some good runs where i would do 6 teams a day, and then I would sometimes take 6 days off totally. Which I realized was not a big deal becuase of the ever change in powers of the teams and rankings.

What I focused on:

-Naming all players (obviously)

-Editing players numbers apropriately as possible
- giving numbers to older players or players higher on depth chart at their position

-Editing players skin colors apropriately
-challenging because you have to click on every player to see their picture

-Editing players equipment
- I have gone through photo galleries for this year for alot of teams but not all. remember that some games a player may wear half sleaves then the next not wear them.

-Editing players attributes appropriately
- Based on their performance this year and other factors

- Editing team attributes for realistic results based on this year: I do this two ways
- Through editing the awareness of seniors because they leave
- Another way I bring teams overall down is to put the SS at FS on the depth chart, which is not that big of a deal in regular game play but brings the team overall down. I also dow this with taking OLB and putting them at MLB. You will not see this too much specifically for teams like Tennesee and Auburn because their talent is so good but they cant get it together on the field. I feel these two are the most realistic changes to change the overall and has little effect on the game play. And this will make The team loose more games in simulation during dynasty play.

- The reason I put players at a different position instead of tearing down their attributes is because of the draft. Example Tennesee has Eric Berry who is a stud and will no doubt be a first round draft pick in a year, instead of bringing down his overall to lower his teams overall I just put him at FS on the depth chart while keeping him at SS, and that makes the teams overall much lower.

So I need everyone help with quality control, hopefully I did a pretty good job. But I am sure I have made some mistakes. As well moving forward I will be making adjustments based on the information posted on hear, and a Weekly BCS ranking update.

I was actually considering not posting these rosters because how people dont respect your work and some steal it and take credit for it. I have hidden things in this roster that make them unique so if someone tries to do this I will know.

My gamertag is: gaterbull

I am not home but I will post them tonight by 10:30 pm Eastern time.

MY EMAIL: [email protected] email me if you want to help

So about a week ago I started the challenging task of making a post patch roster for the community. I spoke with DKrause about helping me out with it, but understandably he is tired of editing rosters. He has done an awsome job with the Original roster that he used, but I am a bit particular and want to be able to create that extra player for some teams with out the gitch. And it just seems logical to have a post patch roster.

I have gone in alphabetical order besides some all americans and Miami, and USF. I am up to Iowa so that leaves 80 teams still to go. The first 40 was extremely challenging and frustrating at times but are very accurate.

It takes me about 1-1.5 hours per team. I have been doing an average of 4-6 teams a day and had to take a break today because I was so exausted. I almost gave up on it but before I did I wanted to give it a shot with community help. I would really like to complete these as soon as possible and start enjoying the football season instead of going back and forth. So this is where the community comes in.

I will certainly take on helpers who actually want to do some teams with me. To do this we will just have to be careful and keep communication solid so we know who is working on the roster: I would probably only want a few guys "hands on" help. PM me if you are interested what I will do is assign you the next team or teams (however many you can take on at that time) in the alphabetical order to do.

How I edit and how I expect anyone to help me is as follows:

1) Go through the roster in NCAA and match it with the numerical roster on the teams website. Only enter the name of the player if you have a match with #, Position, Class, and close to the same size. Basically besure it is meant to be the player you are naming.

2) If it is not the same player or your not sure move on to the next and once you finish everyone that matches up go to the game notes section on the teams website and flip through the PDF file until you find the teams depth chart. The majority of teams do this. If you can not find it there go to Rivals.com and find the teams page and check to see if they have an updated depth chart. You have to be careful with rivals though because only the major teams keep that updated.

3) Once you have a depth chart go through each position and make sure you have every player that is on the depth chart. This is where you use the players you were unsure about to create a player that was not in the game. For the players who are ranked lower than someone behind them on the depth chart, bump up their attributes (i usually only use awareness, unless something else has been really neglected) until they are an overall point higher than that other player.

4) Then, I go through the teams statistics to see who is most involved. Especially with tackles for deffense. This is a great way to see some of the final players to put into the game. It also shows you if someone should be bumped up or down.

5) Lastly under the schedule and results part of the teams websites you can find photo galleries of games. I go through these to see what equipment changes should be made. I usually only does this for the major as they are the ones in the photos most often. I will make some equipment adjustments as I go if someone has like one glove or no gloves or some riduculous combination.

For people intersted in being a hands on helper: message me, I will only take on people who are willing and able to take on atleast 10 teams total and 2 teams at a time.

HOW EVERYONE ELSE CAN HELP::: Use the above process by loading the default game rosters and go to the last team in the alphabet (wyoming I think) and start with their rosters but just post it on here. This will cut my time down by 30-40 minutes a team.

So for example just post a message on here of the entire roster in NCAA and what to do to each player.

Example

Florida

QB # 15 Tim Tebow: Team Color Dbl wrst ban on right wrist, Small white tape on left wrist

SS # 18 change to DE # 96 Name height weight color equipment (I usually throw gloves and small white bands on guys if I am unsure, as almost all players wear something these days) if any, and any attribute suggestions

When changing a player completely besure u cant use that player at that position first!!

I will not pay attention to anyone who does not follow this format. It is very important to use the players position and # in the NCAA default rosters as a starting point so that we are on the same page, and then I can just edit from your post.

BE SURE TO CHECK AND see if someone has done the team you doing. To prevent work overlapping I would be willing to assign people teams or letters of the alhpabet. If everyone pitches in and posts a couple teams each we could have this done in two weeks. If I have to continue on my own I wont be done till mid October..

As I said I am up to Iowa I have not done them yet though. The only teams I have gone through out of order are USF and Miami. List who your working on so people are not doing the same work twice. But please stay towards the back of the alphabet and only do this if your going to load the DEFAULT rosters and complete the WHOLE team!! Message me or post any questions.

Please do not Quote this long message in your replies

Last edited by mar4380; 10-28-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: THE REALEST ROSTER PROJECT. (Post patch)

I don't have a 360, but I have to ask. Why are so many people wanting post patch rosters?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I don't have a 360, but I have to ask. Why are so many people wanting post patch rosters?
Because EA said that all rosters with the bug Pre-Patch would corrupt and the patch wouldn't work but they were wrong. The patch does work on glitched rosters but some people are still complaining about issues.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Because EA said that all rosters with the bug Pre-Patch would corrupt and the patch wouldn't work but they were wrong. The patch does work on glitched rosters but some people are still complaining about issues.

I was under the impression that there was still an issue with the pre patch rosters.. RaAZR could you fill me in.. Have you created players? I still use DK rosters but it seems there was a need for post patch rosters
Old 09-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
DK has said that the rosters do glitch if they were made pre-patch... but only if you create too many players. So he just edited guys on the team and turned them into different guys that weren't on the roster. If you don't create a bunch of players the roster is fine, but if you create too many, then you've got a problem.

-Jason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

so are you saying you're going to post the rosters you've completed and let us do some other teams? if so, i'll do vanderbilt chief.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87
so are you saying you're going to post the rosters you've completed and let us do some other teams? if so, i'll do vanderbilt chief.

Well no one is really responding so I can post them so you can do Vanderbuilt. I have a paper to do so I need to work on that when can you be done by?

Come on guys what about the rest of you who can take it after Vaderbiltfan?? Hopefully someone who can do a couple teams..

Vandy I was not going to let people do just any teams becuase of favortism. Please be fair, im sure you will.. and I will review the what changes when your done.

Last edited by mar4380; 09-12-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Vandy fan let me know when you want me to upload the roster for you to do Vanderbilt are you willing to do more than one team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »