Home

How to convert realistic draft classes?

This is a discussion on How to convert realistic draft classes? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
How to convert realistic draft classes?

I have read numerous posts regarding players coming out rated too highly in Madden. I know this may be of little concern to true NCAA roster editors, however, is anyone able to specifically point out ratings from each position that by lowering, will provide realistic draft classes? For example should awareness be lowered across the board for every position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: How to convert realistic draft classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawkins20
I have read numerous posts regarding players coming out rated too highly in Madden. I know this may be of little concern to true NCAA roster editors, however, is anyone able to specifically point out ratings from each position that by lowering, will provide realistic draft classes? For example should awareness be lowered across the board for every position?
As a roster guy its impossible to answer that question without knowing what is overrated in Madden. Its more a Madden question is what i am getting at as Madden is doing the converting. Once you can key what is causing the overrated aspects to the draft then NCAA guys could do the needed changes, assuming there is a set patten. If its not a set pattern then would be pretty pointless to try- Like a player a 80 on one try and 69 on another. Hopefully, you find what your looking for.

Update- i looked some into this- The draft didn't look too bad using my latest rosters (360) based on what i would have expected from the many posts about it. Tebow was a 81 which i remember people complaining about- went to the Bears for those that care.

I did see three players hit 90 however. Jenkins 91, Bradford 90 and English 91. The majority of names i noticed were in the 70s. I think only McCoy and Bradford were higher than Tebow's 81 at QB. Wells was the high at RB with 89. If those were constant i would think you could easily tweak them. If Tebow ranges from 81 to 96 (someone said they saw 96 in some thread) then i wouldn't waste your time. I hoped that helps.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 09-27-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: How to convert realistic draft classes?

ive created draft classes for ps2 and was playing on doing it for ps3 if madden wasnt screwed up

but my base i used was this Last Year

Top Quarterback
Matt Ryan- 92 OVR at Start- 95 OVR Finished= 82 in Madden

Top Runningbacks
Darren McFadden- 94 OVR at Start- 97 OVR Finished= 83-84 in Madden

Jonathan Stewart- 92 OVR at Start- 95 OVR Finished= 80 in Madden

I wouldnt make any players above a 94 in NCAA at the start of the season except ILB, i would make all players at ILB hav HIGH OVRs cause that the only way that they come in good as a rookie and high draft picks

Top 10 - 94-92 Overall
1st Round - 92-89 Overall
2nd Round - 89-87 Overall
3rd Round - 89-87 Overall
4th Round - 87-86 Overall
5th Round - 86-86Overall
6th Round - 85 Overall
7th Round and PFA - 85-84

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »