Home

Marve to transfer?

This is a discussion on Marve to transfer? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Marve to transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc
I think it is a shame that good athletes cannot be committed to following simple rules. I think Randy Shannon is a classy guy who wants to take Miami to a new level and guys cannot obey basic and simple criterias. Marve needs to go if he cannot be part of the team who wants to get to the championship. I am a true Miami fan. I can remember when Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Andre Johnson and etc. went to the championship and beat up on Nebraska. I can't wait to see these guys perform next year.
Lol how do you know that he cannot follow simple rules? You don't know exactly what was going on, all that was reported that classes were missed. If your a true miami hurricane fan then you embrace every athlete that comes there and wish them the best if it doesn't work but to say he needs to go if he can't comply to winning a championship is crazy because I think dude is a team player and everybody has hiccups and he's no different. I hate how people come in and try to sound politically correct when your not in his shoes and never walked a day in his life and want to cast judgement. Thank u all and god bless
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

It is not about passing judgement to anybody. I never want to do that. Maybe it sounds that way, but watching these guys over the past years has been horrifying. I watched the ESPN show and it pretty much said what he had done since he went to Miami. It's about the facts. I really hate that he is leaving, but they said in an article I read today stating that he and Randy can't seem to get along. So I am going to stick with my philosophy. These athletes who are on scholarships are blowing opportunities because they can't seem to do the right thing while other athletes have to stuggle and find ways to get into college. I have a hard time accepting that. I am sorry, but that is the way I feel about it. Peace!!! I am done with it.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I was just curious as to where he might go. What's wrong with it being here? He is a RS-FR therefore he'll lose one complete year of eligibility at another FBS(Div. I) school unless he is able to get a 6th year. If he was injured badly that first year will be the only way he gets to play for four years, other wise he will only have eligibility to play for 3 seasons in his career. That would be why he might choose an FCS school.
I would have thought it would have been placed under the college football thread rather than the NCAA Football 09 roster thread. That's all. No big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I would have thought it would have been placed under the college football thread rather than the NCAA Football 09 roster thread. That's all. No big deal.
I almost did put it there but I was thinking about changing rosters and was looking around so I put it here. I didn't know since sometimes things get moved around from the NCAA Board. I rarely use College Football thread so I never thought about that.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
Rookie

jwoodson15's Arena

OVR: 7

Missing class is like nothing compared to other former Hurricane players. Its not like he got away with murder. He's not a drug addict either. Probally why he doesnt fit in at Miami.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 AM   #14
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodson15
Missing class is like nothing compared to other former Hurricane players. Its not like he got away with murder. He's not a drug addict either. Probally why he doesnt fit in at Miami.
Serious?

He's not transferring because he missed a class. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #15
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

UNC#1 is right about the transfer stipulations, at least the part about not being able to transfer to a school in the ACC, SEC or state of Florida. Marve is trying to get the stipulations loosened though.

I agree with devinc. Marve got all the opportunities to be UM's starting quarterback and flat out blew it. According to reports, he had several moments of indiscretion, including last year when he smashed some guy's car mirror/window. It's not about any one incident. Rumor also has it he wasn't doing well in school (don't know how true that is though). Nevertheless, if you can't follow the coaches rules you're gonna be out, no matter how small the rules are. Add that to the fact Jacory outperformed him this year and you start seeing the writing on the wall. I like the guy but the situation wasn't fair for Jacory either. How many times this year Jacory had to come in save his butt? Chances are one of them was going to transfer eventually, I rather it be Marve. Jacory seems to be the better leader.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 01-02-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

What the hell is going on? Jermaine McKenzie is transferring now, I'm starting to think Mr. Shannon is going to turn out to be a lame duck coach, hopefully not cause im a canes fan to death. Lol i cant stand all these annoucers talking about usc and how great they are when they are just the canes of the early decade n so forth. We need to get back on track so far we have marve, mckenzie, mcneal, reddick, mcadderly are transferring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »