Home

TeamBuilder Complete NCCA Roster

This is a discussion on TeamBuilder Complete NCCA Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: TeamBuilder Complete NCCA Roster

As someone who has done rosters many times in the past. The best way to do this project would be to have all the teams in excel.

You would list the team by position since thats how the game does it. You would include his name, uni # change, position change (if needed), and rating that need to be changed.

After that you would list all the players that need to be added that are not on the file- ie freshmen, whatever (up to the cap of 69).

By doing this in excel in a consistent way, PS3 and 360 owners could use this so you have more workers. The key is consistent. Not for one person to make it in word, or a person to do it in a different order. Its needs to be easy to read and easy to use.

At least this is the way i would do it.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 06-15-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #42
Rookie

Happyvally74's Arena

OVR: 9

Where is Fairdale Kings when you need him?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #43
Rookie

Shock's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm working on South Carolina as we speak! I am going to go through and make ratings corrections as well as try and get the player appearance as close as I can to the real player...

Team: South Carolina Gamecocks

Author: brianmullinax

Gaffney HS Indians
South Carolina Gamecocks
Carolina Panthers

Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #44
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
As someone who has done rosters many times in the past. The best way to do this project would be to have all the teams in excel.

You would list the team by position since thats how the game does it. You would include his name, uni # change, position change (if needed), and rating that need to be changed.

After that you would list all the players that need to be added that are not on the file- ie freshmen, whatever (up to the cap of 69).

By doing this in excel in a consistent way, PS3 and 360 owners could use this so you have more workers. The key is consistent. Not for one person to make it in word, or a person to do it in a different order. Its needs to be easy to read and easy to use.

At least this is the way i would do it.
Will you be doing rosters this year?
Old 06-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #45
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

I did the Miami Hurricanes last night. I changed their alternate away uni to a more old school one so thats the only cosmetic change i made to them. The roster is complete. All the players are named. This is for the 360 btw. My gamertag is slickzeus.

edit: well i guess the names didnt save last night....looks like i will have to do them over...ill let yall know when the canes are complete

Last edited by slickzeus; 06-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #46
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Will you be doing rosters this year?
If i did them this year it would have to be part of an organized group. Really these guys should take the excel file from the ps3 thread and just expand on the change per team. Its an excellent base for them to work off.

Doing them in team builder is a waste of time because the editor would have to look thru all your players to catch changes. If the changes only were posted in excel- would cut the work in likely 1/3 at least.

Here i attached in excel sheet so you can see the format i am speaking of- Florida tab.

You would have the default information on the left side- changes if need after that- then you list only ratings you changed from default. It would take time to do the excel sheet but if only 50 people did 2-3 teams then its done for anyone to use on any system. Anyone could follow it and enter the changes and you still have your CAS slots open.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA2010-Top 25.zip (68.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #47
Rookie

Shock's Arena

OVR: 3

OK, I just finished the South Carolina Gamecocks! Will probably work on Clemson later on tonight! Check out the ratings changes and player appearance changes I made and see if there are any major flaws....I used the depth chart that www.gamecocksonline.com provided so I think the player ratings should be pretty close....

btw this is for Xbox 360....

Author: brianmullinax
Team: South Carolina Gamecocks

Gaffney HS Indians
South Carolina Gamecocks
Carolina Panthers

Old 06-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
If i did them this year it would have to be part of an organized group. Really these guys should take the excel file from the ps3 thread and just expand on the change per team. Its an excellent base for them to work off.

Doing them in team builder is a waste of time because the editor would have to look thru all your players to catch changes. If the changes only were posted in excel- would cut the work in likely 1/3 at least.

Here i attached in excel sheet so you can see the format i am speaking of- Florida tab.

You would have the default information on the left side- changes if need after that- then you list only ratings you changed from default. It would take time to do the excel sheet but if only 50 people did 2-3 teams then its done for anyone to use on any system. Anyone could follow it and enter the changes and you still have your CAS slots open.
I would definitely be up for this. I would be willing to do 5-10 teams. If everyone did a few teams this may not take too long. However, I believe it does need to be a community effort especially if the roster issues are not fixed because it would take one person at least a couple months to edit all the errors

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »