Home

Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Marshall Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
so evans needs to be added, but you both believe his impact will be greater on special teams rather than receiver correct? so probably overall rating of 75-80?
yea i agree with JK as far as contribution. i've got his speed at 95. got all WR ratings in low 70s. but spins/juke/elusiveness i have all mid 90s. and return prolly atleast 90. i tried to get his OVR as low as i cud without compromising too much of his return ability. obviously he still has a lot to prove, but we can't deny him his return ability.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #34
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

With Evans I just mean next year as in maybe he'll see some time at running back or slot reciever next year. THIS YEAR he should still be playing and making an impact as a returner.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHERD
With Evans I just mean next year as in maybe he'll see some time at running back or slot reciever next year. THIS YEAR he should still be playing and making an impact as a returner.
ohh ok. gotcha. i was thinking u meant he won't be playin this year. thought maybe transfer trouble or other(academic/off-field) issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 PM   #36
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong25
yea i agree with JK as far as contribution. i've got his speed at 95. got all WR ratings in low 70s. but spins/juke/elusiveness i have all mid 90s. and return prolly atleast 90. i tried to get his OVR as low as i cud without compromising too much of his return ability. obviously he still has a lot to prove, but we can't deny him his return ability.

sounds good to me

Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #37
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

Another thing fellas. Take this for what it is worth but Snyder LOVES Martin Ward. Everytime this Spring when I asked him about the running backs and Terrell Edwards getting more touches he shifted the conversation to Martin Ward, who was very, very good in the Spring game (as was Press Taylor).

I think when I did my roster there was a speedy un-named runningback rated ahead of Edwards. I changed him to Ward and used his ratings as a base. I still have Edwards as the #2 back until we see otherwise though.

Also, I know Anderson will start fall practice as the QB, but I expect one of the transfers to get into a pretty heated race. Cann has no shot this year, but he does have the natural talent to make it back in a couple of seasons. He just wasn't ready last year and he locked on to Passmore and Slate and couldn't check down to other recievers.

--- I'll look at my roster tonight and see what I can post to you. Also, I should be able to get my hands on a finalized Fall roster a few days before the media guides come out. I'll keep you updated. Inevitabley there will be one or two guys that just don't show up or get in trouble or decide to transfer at the last minute (like Kelvin Turner did last year).
Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Another thing fellas. Take this for what it is worth but Snyder LOVES Martin Ward. Everytime this Spring when I asked him about the running backs and Terrell Edwards getting more touches he shifted the conversation to Martin Ward, who was very, very good in the Spring game (as was Press Taylor).

I think when I did my roster there was a speedy un-named runningback rated ahead of Edwards. I changed him to Ward and used his ratings as a base. I still have Edwards as the #2 back until we see otherwise though.

Also, I know Anderson will start fall practice as the QB, but I expect one of the transfers to get into a pretty heated race. Cann has no shot this year, but he does have the natural talent to make it back in a couple of seasons. He just wasn't ready last year and he locked on to Passmore and Slate and couldn't check down to other recievers.

--- I'll look at my roster tonight and see what I can post to you. Also, I should be able to get my hands on a finalized Fall roster a few days before the media guides come out. I'll keep you updated. Inevitabley there will be one or two guys that just don't show up or get in trouble or decide to transfer at the last minute (like Kelvin Turner did last year).
appreciate the insider JK. i agree w/ u on Cann. wudnt be surprised to see a whole new Mark Cann in a year.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #39
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

good stuff...appreciate all the help in trying to get the best roster we can get for marshall. from the sound of it, definitely gonna be interesting at the qb and rb position (behind marshall of course)

Old 07-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #40
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

Sorry guys, I got really busy at work last night and didn't leave until late.

I'll definately take a look at my rosters tonight. I know we are probably all using a different set, So I'll just post a Word file like you did with all of my positions, numbers, height/weight, and overall rating. Some of your suggestions will really help me get the Herd in line for my Dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »