Home

HOW TO GET GUD PROSPECTS

This is a discussion on HOW TO GET GUD PROSPECTS within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
HOW TO GET GUD PROSPECTS

how u get gud prospects at end of season n durin season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HOW TO GET GUD PROSPECTS

Not sure this is the right place for this question... Though I suppose the question is roster related.

My tips for good recruiting.

1. when you are adding recruits at the beginning of the year, these are 4 steps I go through to add recruits.

a. Go through Russel top 100, add anyone that has you on the radar (ie has a green dot next to their name)
b. Go to search prospects, search Any then Top School. Add players that have you number 1 overall that you think also fit what you need that you are looking for. (disregard players that are not needed)
c. Go to search prospects, search Any then Top 10. This will bring up any caliber player that has you in the top 10, again add the players that seem to fit what you are looking for.
d. Then I usually add a 4-7 recruit wish list. These are guys that do not have on the radar at all, but are positions that you really need. You can find your wish list 2 ways, go back through the Russel top 100, or Search Prospects, Pipeline, Any, then search through your pipeline states for wish list players.

2. First week of recruiting:

-Call anyone that has you rated number 1 over all. I just use quick call till about midseason. spend at least 35 minute and offer a scholarship. You should get at least 1 of these guys to commit right out of the gate, sometimes more

-At this point re-order your recruits in the manner you wish. I re-order to Caliber, some prefer needs. At this point I start at the top of my list and call everyone for about 35min. offering a scholarship. I dont get through the entire list till week 2, sometimes 3, if I have a bunch of people ready week 2.

3. After week 1.

-Finish offering all the scholarships you wish to offer
-Schedule anyone that is ready

****tips on scheduling****
1. Schedule week 9 and later for higher rated players. Most recruits on seem to commit till later in the season, you want to get them to visit right around when they are ready to commit.
2. Keep an eye on when they are visiting other schools. If they have another school rated number 1, you want to schedule your recruit to visit you before they go to that school, because most likely unless you jump in and sway them they will commit.
3. If you havent unlocked all the recruits interests, you can always reschedule them to a different time.

4. Recruit maintenance:
-Always keep up with the guys you want the most, I touch base with them every week, even if its just to hard sell an interest that is good for my school (remember do not hard sell interests that are only good or worse)
-You can sway pitches. If your school is Excellent or Elite in any category you can sway any unlocked interests in a recruit. You can raise High to Very High, and in some cases Very High to Most. or Above Average to High.
-About week 9-13. If you have some recruits on your board that sill have you N/A interest level depending on your needs, you may drop them. If I am looking for a small recruiting class then I leave them just in case they make it to the off season where it is much easier to gain interest from a recruit.

5. Visits:

- Make sure you have at least 2 good rated interests from your recruit. 3 is great, but if you are just building a new dynasty I realize 3 can sometimes be a struggle.
-Do not schedule anything for the recruit to do that is not good or better. (preferably great or better, but again depends on the caliber of your school)
- If you only have one good rated interest from a recruit, then only schedule that activity. Showing off your D rated workout facility to a guy who has that as one of his high rated interest, will not impress him, actually it will hurt your chances.

**undetermined note**
-I find that I have better results when players are visiting when I actually play the game, if there is a game scheduled that week. and not sim it. It may be in my head, but always seems to be the case for me

6.After visit
-even if you didnt win the recruit over to commit or move you up to the number 1 spot, do not lose heart. You may still have a chance.
-follow up their visits with phonecalls, hard sell your interests to the recruit, recruit against the other schools that are higher rated then you, you can still sway them over. If nothing else hope that they dont commit anywhere, and you can snag them in the offseason.

OFF Season Recruiting:

**this is the easiest part of recruiting**

week 1. Call as many recruits as you can, Make every promise that you can and know you can back up. Make promises to players that may not even have you rated highly. Schedule highly rated recruits to come right away, schedule players that you are not sure you really want to come later say week 4 or 5.

-remember to watch how many spots you have left. Nothing is worse then tracking down that 4 star Center through weeks 1-3, finally getting him interested to visit week 4 or 5, only to have your last few scholarship spots taken by some 1 or 2 star recruit that you added just to fill your recruiting spots. I have had 5 star recruits recruit as late as week 4, so dont give up on them. As your available scholarships dwindle call less players, and spend mroe time on the ones you really want.

Hope that helps you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »