Home

is major wright the most overrated 95+ player on the game?

This is a discussion on is major wright the most overrated 95+ player on the game? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: is major wright the most overrated 95+ player on the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
Yeah but no way Mays runs like Percy. Straight line 40 is one thing, but game speed is another. Hes not as fast as Demps im sure. Or Rainey. And hits harder than Spikes? Thats an opinion.

So basically this guy is just a fast LB playing safety and lacks the skills to play corner. If hes that fast, he shouldnt be playing safety. By your standards, hes not the only FREAK playing college ball, so stop acting like he is. Maybe he stands out a little in college, especially playing in the Pac 10. There are tons of big fast guys, that arent drooled all over like you are drooling over Mays. Look at Pat Willis.
Is it really that hard to use punctuation?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 9

Berry and Mays are worth of 99s or 98s. They are both that good. It's like arguing who has a nicer car and you are both driving Ferrari's. They both are the best at what they do.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yeah but no way Mays runs like Percy. Straight line 40 is one thing, but game speed is another. Hes not as fast as Demps im sure. Or Rainey. And hits harder than Spikes? Thats an opinion.

So basically this guy is just a fast LB playing safety and lacks the skills to play corner. If hes that fast, he shouldnt be playing safety.
Actually, it's not an opinion. All you have to do is look up how many fumbles and injuries he's caused. It is in fact quantifiable.

Here again you show your ignorance of the game by saying something like "he's just a fast linebacker without corner skills". So you don't think Ed Reed could play corner? A freak at safety can mean more in a game because his assignments are looser, he has more chances to blitz, and he can make plays while following his nose.

Now please, please acquire some basic football knowledge before posting in this thread again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstalk
LOL that is probably one of the silliest statements Ive ever seen.
This guy is going top 5 in the NFL draft, not because he stands out over other Tenn players, because he is the BEST DB in the entire country.
I expect that sorta comment from someone who doesnt have a clue about college football, not from u Gator.

U HONESTLY think Taylor Mays is the best DB in America, no wait, possibly the best player ?

If he's such a Ballhawk why does his own DC play him back 30 yrds and not allow him to make any plays on passes.
He is NEVER around the football.
4 career interceptions and ur calling him the best DB in America LOL ok stop now please
I had to comment on this post. You do realize that USC defense has him basically be the only safety over the top? Taylor Mays job is to sit back, and prevent any deep threat from happening. And he did that, leading USC to one of the top teams for fewest 20+ yard passes allowed (I think they may have been #1). NO ONE throws deep on USC. Taylor Mays does exactly what is needed, and shuts down the deep play.

Berry is the ballhawk safety...an Ed Reed type, who can make the interception, but can also be caught being too aggressive. I think Berry is just as good as Mays and its hard to put either one on top, but to say Mays is never around the ball makes it seem like you've never watched a USC game in your life...making your comment a moot point. You can bring up stats all you want, but stats never tell the full story.

Don't get this twisted tho, I think Berry is phenomenal, and is definitely a top 5 pick.

And the bolded part of your post makes no sense. His DC won't let him make plays on passes? So he tells him to sit on his hands and watch the ball fly by? Doesn't sound like a good DC to me.

Last edited by finz99; 07-28-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Is it really that hard to use punctuation?
I like how you point out punctuation you geek. I thought I was making a quick post on the forums, not taking an English mid term. Try to stay on the subject. Dont you have some pro wrestling to watch?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTII
Actually, it's not an opinion. All you have to do is look up how many fumbles and injuries he's caused. It is in fact quantifiable.

Here again you show your ignorance of the game by saying something like "he's just a fast linebacker without corner skills". So you don't think Ed Reed could play corner? A freak at safety can mean more in a game because his assignments are looser, he has more chances to blitz, and he can make plays while following his nose.

Now please, please acquire some basic football knowledge before posting in this thread again.
LMAO at this guy. Trying to take shots at my football knowledge. I wont argue with you about something stupid. Lets not compare Taylor Mays to Ed Reed. Thats comical.

And for you to say "look how many fumbles and injuries he causes" to try and make him seem like a harder hitter than another player, shows your football ignorance.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
I like how you point out punctuation you geek. I thought I was making a quick post on the forums, not taking an English mid term. Try to stay on the subject. Dont you have some pro wrestling to watch?
Funny how you seem to want to go after my intelligence here because I like pro wrestling, you really want to go down that road with someone who has a Doctorate? And what the hell does dont mean? Is it really so hard to add one extra character when typing?

Quote:
LMAO at this guy. Trying to take shots at my football knowledge. I wont argue with you about something stupid. Lets not compare Taylor Mays to Ed Reed. Thats comical.
Barring injury Taylor Mays is a Top 5 pick in the NFL Draft next April (probably would have been Top 10 this past April), but year I don't think the Ed Reed comparison was the best (I'd compare Eric Berry to Ed Reed personally), but he certainly compares very well to someone like Ronnie Lott blended with Steve Atwater.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm not comparing them...I'm questioning your silly implication that because someone is not playing corner they must be slow and not have corner skills. That is obviously false, and Ed Reed is a great example because he could play corner, but doesn't because he's more of a game changer as a roving safety.

But of course to you he's probably just a fast linebacker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »