Home

NCAA 11 rosters (360)?

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 rosters (360)? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #49
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA 11 rosters (360)?

Nah, to be honest, the books that only go two deep isn't going to be enough on its own. But it's still a good tool just to obtain some information. I would suggest getting a Phil Steele book as it is definitely the best magazine for identifying the incoming freshman. Also, check out team websites.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kasperson
Alright I am getting started right now and I have a copy of Lindy's and Athlon.. In Athlon it only goes 2 deep into the depth chart is that good enough? Positions like CB and WR have 2 different sets too.

Any words of advice here?
Those will get you basic info, and IMO they're good to have (since its only a total of about $12) to help out at least, but I think the key things to have are: Phil Steele, Team Websites, and Spring Media Guides. Those 3 things are essential.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
I would like to help!
Any particular conference you want to do? Big10 is taken (though if you want to take OSU I would understand, though I've already researched them).

See above for what's available. You'd be the 7th, so we'd cap the number of people contributing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #52
Rookie

Also quick note to new guys:

Use a keyboard! This will save you A LOT of time. If you don't have extra one, pick one up, or unplug one from your desktop. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wire...=operasport-20 ($23) which is Prime eligible too. I'm picking that one up to replace my old one which died since last year.

You can go wired if you want, but my cord never reaches that far back.

Also pick up: Phil Steele's College Football Preview Magazine (link) ($~$14) and get the Spring Media Guides/Prospectus for the teams you're doing. Phil Steele has a good link to that as well for most schools here.

It really does help to do things like note where guys are on the depth chart, numbers, position changes, guys off the team, etc. before you sit down to edit each team.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #53

CWSapp757's Arena

YES, keyboard, keyboard, kayboard. Can't stress that enough. I got one in the middle of the process last year and was pissed that it took me that long to purchase one. Like Big House said, I would suggest the keyboard that attaches to your controller. Its sooooo convenient.

@ BigHouse.... is the Phil Steele magazine in stores yet or can you only order it online at the moment?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #54
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse14
Also quick note to new guys:

Use a keyboard! This will save you A LOT of time. If you don't have extra one, pick one up, or unplug one from your desktop. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wire...=operasport-20 ($23) which is Prime eligible too. I'm picking that one up to replace my old one which died since last year.

You can go wired if you want, but my cord never reaches that far back.

Also pick up: Phil Steele's College Football Preview Magazine (link) ($~$14) and get the Spring Media Guides/Prospectus for the teams you're doing. Phil Steele has a good link to that as well for most schools here.

It really does help to do things like note where guys are on the depth chart, numbers, position changes, guys off the team, etc. before you sit down to edit each team.
How does the keyboard work? Is it like you can use the controller to scroll around, and then as soon as you want to input a name you can type normally on the keyboard?

The whole entire time I thought you were talking about that keyboard that attaches into the controller like that sidekick phone.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
YES, keyboard, keyboard, kayboard. Can't stress that enough. I got one in the middle of the process last year and was pissed that it took me that long to purchase one. Like Big House said, I would suggest the keyboard that attaches to your controller. Its sooooo convenient.

@ BigHouse.... is the Phil Steele magazine in stores yet or can you only order it online at the moment?
1) I actually used a regular keyboard, not the one that attaches your controller. I've never used that one, though I know its available.

2) I ordered PS mag online, I couldn't find it in stores around me yet. It might become available in the next week or 2 (it normally was around me last year), but not sure. I wanted to get started reading it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
How does the keyboard work? Is it like you can use the controller to scroll around, and then as soon as you want to input a name you can type normally on the keyboard?

The whole entire time I thought you were talking about that keyboard that attaches into the controller like that sidekick phone.
There's the keyboard that attaches to the controller like Sapp says and I think you said you thought I was originally referencing - it basically is a small keyboard which resembles a keyboard on a phone that you'd text with. I've never used that one.

The other option is just to use a desktop keyboard and just plug it in to your Xbox 360. You still have to move around with the controller, but you can then type in names with the keyboard. I think the return/enter key works too (instead of start maybe?) but I can't remember for sure. So yeah, I'd just click on first name via the controller then type. (Or you can con your girlfriend into helping by having her navigate the menus and you type... ... "Just 2 more teams then you can watch Dancing with the Stars (or whatever garbage she wants)")

I started using a wired keyboard last year as a test and it worked, so I used one of my old wireless keyboards I had laying around (since I was sitting WAY too close to my TV with the wired one) and it worked as well. I figure I'll pick up the Amazon Microsoft one to maximize compatibility (I used a Logitech before and it worked fine). But yeah, just a normal desktop keyboard works for text input. I'm a pretty fast typist, so for me it's a much better option than the keypad which connects to a controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #56

CWSapp757's Arena

Ok, my bad BigHouse. I thought you were referencing the controller keyboard. But yeah, a wireless keyboard would be great also. The point me and BigHouse are trying to make though..... You're definitely gonna want to use some kind of keyboard as opposed to just using the arrows on the controller.
I don't think wireless keyboards are that expensive, but if so, just get a controller keyboard. They're like 19.99 used at Gamestop. They may be cheaper now but I'm not sure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »