Home

Can someone please start a thread when a good roster is done?

This is a discussion on Can someone please start a thread when a good roster is done? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Can someone please start a thread when a good roster is done?

A whole week early? As in July 6th? Has anyone aside from game reviewers and/or EA cronies ever gotten the game that early? The earliest I think I remember is like the Wednesday or Thursday before release, which is nearly a week but not quite. I am thinking I'll probably be getting it the Friday before release, which is good by me since I am off on the weekends.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #18
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
A whole week early? As in July 6th? Has anyone aside from game reviewers and/or EA cronies ever gotten the game that early? The earliest I think I remember is like the Wednesday or Thursday before release, which is nearly a week but not quite. I am thinking I'll probably be getting it the Friday before release, which is good by me since I am off on the weekends.
Distributors do not ship games before 7 days prior to the release. I know this because I am in the process of opening up my own store. If you pay for overnight shipping, Like I have done, Then the earliest you should receive would probably be Thursday. I had to pay an extra $20 for the overnight shipping to get mine on Wednesday. I'm sending my wife on a mini vacation over the weekend before release so I will have time to prepare for my League. It is always a plus to get games early.

Last edited by IIx Nautica xII; 06-25-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Ok, so I guess that's good to know for future reference. So you think the earliest any of us should start calling our favorite moms and pops place would be Wednesday then? Or Thursday?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, so I guess that's good to know for future reference. So you think the earliest any of us should start calling our favorite moms and pops place would be Wednesday then? Or Thursday?
I would call on Thursday, because most wont do overnight shipping. When I was the manager for a gamecrazy we got our shipments on Thursdays, unless there was a problem then it would be overnight-ed and arrive on Monday morning. Do what I did, go in and make friends with the owner of a local store, offer them an extra 20 to get the game early. The only thing was the guy who is getting me my game said he would do it for no extra cost then asked me if I wanted to pay for overnight shipping that I could get it on Wednesday. As soon as I can get all of the permits for my store I won't have to do this anymore.

Last edited by IIx Nautica xII; 06-28-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Ok, thanks for the info. I'd like to make friends with the women that own this store but they are too far away (time-wise w/traffic they are 30-40 minutes away although it's only about 15 miles from me, it's heavy traffic). I know they liked me last time I was down there though because I brought my dog with me and they are dog lovers.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »