Home

Prime example on the need for editing rosters, not just naming them.

This is a discussion on Prime example on the need for editing rosters, not just naming them. within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #49
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Prime example on the need for editing rosters, not just naming them.

The freshman RB for Ohio State is rFR Jamal Berry, he was highly touted coming out of high school...probably shouldn't be an 86 though.

Also, one of the freshman DL that is rated a 89 is actually a junior. Sorry don't remember his name, but the roster issues go deeper than just a rating.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon13 Re: Prime example on the need for editing rosters, not just naming them.

To be honest, Alabama played up against an inexperienced freshman QB in Garrett Gilbert, i mean come on i'm pretty sure Colt McCoy would've made a difference, when he got hurt the whole team came crashing down in momentum. Alabama may have lost if he didn't get hurt. It's terrible to see a defense full players who have barely played be 95 or higher, and one game can change a difference how ratings are made. Alabama is sooooo overrated its ridiculous. Like i said they played up against an inexperienced FRESHMAN QB.

PittsburghPenguins

Pittsburgh
Panthers

Miami Heat

Old 07-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #51
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

Even though we shouldn't lower awareness that much, I still think it needs lowered mostly across the board. I feel like the only players who should have 90's awareness are upperclassmen who have already played 2 or 3 seasons. Awareness causes players to make decision right? Tons of mistakes are made on the field, so it should be represented.

I also agree about Alabama's roster being overrated. Nothing against Bama, they are just the easy target in this situation. Most of the big teams are way overrated. But this is just my opinion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
NO!

That is the single most important rating in the game on the field when your playing the CPU.

There are several ratings you can lower based on position and player tendencies that will reduce the overall's down without completely changing the base ratings EA assigned.

For example if you see a WR at 5'11 and weighs only 180 lb's and EA assigned that little guy a break Tackle tackle rating of 80 all you have to do is lower that rating down into the 40-50 range and his overall will drop substantially without even touching a single other rating if you choose not to.

Anyone who screws with awareness and lowers it is only going to hinder the gameplay on the field because the awareness ratings are kinda like your engine behind the car.

There's quite a few other little ratings that you can reduce without really effecting the IMPACT of that player on the field other than reducing his overall rating.....but that requires patience and time because it's more of individual player by player tweak.
That's fine, but I'm not really sure exactly how to tweak every single position to where I just don't feel like I'm getting screwed over, but I'm sure you'll have something to fix that too...oh well
Old 07-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Looking at Bama's default set on the NCAA 11 Teambuilder site.

*NOTE* This is a defense that is replacing EIGHT starters.

LE #96-94 overall
LE #92-90 overall (Sophomore)
RE #57-95 overall (Marcel Dareus..the only guy so far that actually deserves a 90+ rating)
RE #94-88 overall (RS FRESHMAN, never played a down of college ball yet)
DT #99-95 overall
DT #64-90 overall (Sophomore)
LOLB #5-95 overall
LOLB #55-88 overall
MLB #35-95 overall (Sophomore)
MLB #30-92 overall (Dontae Hightower, only second guy who actually deserves a 90+)
MLB #2-87 overall (Sophomore)
ROLB #41-93 overall
ROLB #47-83 overall (True Freshman)
CB #21-95 overall (Sophomore, never started a game before)
CB #1-91 overall
CB #9-86 overall (Sophomore)
CB #22-85 overall
FS #23-94 overall
FS #37-85 overall (Sophomore)
SS #4-94 overall
SS #18-88 overall (Sophomore)

Let me say it again..replacing EIGHT starters on defense. Backups who have never seen real playing time are rated like 3 year all conference performers all over the place.

FIVE guys rated a 95
EIGHT guys rated a 94 or higher.

I consider a 95 rating as the best of the best. A First or Second team All American.

There are others like this, but this one jumps out at me. There is plenty of talent at Bama, but these kind of ratings are so over the top that it clarifies why a solid community roster with good edits across the board will make the NCAA 11 experience that much more enjoyable.

how did u see those rosters?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

Check out my Alabama roster at teambuilder. tcoaker is the gamertag. They are still pretty good but a hell of a lot more toned down than what we were given.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #55
Rookie

thehogue2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I gotcha.

So Bama's second and third team is better than about 118 other schools.

Yup..that sounds right.

Heck...I think they should just rate the entire first string 98s and the entire second string 96s. Why stop at 8 guys over a 94...just make the entire first string 94 or better.
lol yea that's crazy but its not a big deal to me I'd still beat that team on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
You can always edit them yourself. Keep in mind that everyones opinion is different. Do i think this team is rated to high? Maybe....but Alabama did have an undefeated national championship season. Hard to argue that.
He's an Auburn fan. Undeated National Champions is foreign to him!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »