Home

Why does EA do this to the rosters every year?

This is a discussion on Why does EA do this to the rosters every year? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

xgoredhawksx's Arena

OVR: 3
Why does EA do this to the rosters every year?

I've seen some discussion of this on several threads, but decided to start a new one to make my point. The biggest problem with this game every year is that EA decides that elite teams need to have all their starters in the 90+ range. To me, being 90 overall should mean you are outstanding. The average all-american should be around 88-92. 95 would be Heisman contender and 97+ would mean someone like Herschel Walker or Lawrence Taylor. Instead, we give every good team players who are 99 overall by the 2nd or 3rd year and there is really no such thing as an elite player anymore. You pretty much need 90+ across the board to even contend. It's no accomplishment to have a great player because the next guy has someone just as good. College football has stars which can take over a game and EA does not allow rosters to reflect that.
Cleveland Cavs
Columbus Blue Jackets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why does EA do this to the rosters every year?

I agree with you, the ratings are way too high, but in my opinion, it's for the more casual players to buy the game. If you didn't know much about college football, would you want the best teams you see to have most of their guys in the 70's?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
I agree with you, the ratings are way too high, but in my opinion, it's for the more casual players to buy the game. If you didn't know much about college football, would you want the best teams you see to have most of their guys in the 70's?
I would agree with that. Teams like Army should have a team overall of 50 or so but then the casual gamers who may be a fan would not want to play as that team beacuse they could never win a game. Not trying to pick on Army but any of the bottom feeders would be the same. I like what Madden has done. If I have a stud WR matched up against an average CB then my WR should own him but not in NCAA. They should add a slider like Madden has where it allows for the rating difference to matter or not. Wish I could remember what it was called. That way the true gamers get a better/true game and the casual gamers who like to put up huge stats and win all the time can still do that.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

It might also be the jacked up attributes... I do agree with you but im sure we can edit to the way we like it .
Old 07-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Banned

willyburz's Arena

OVR: 1

Now if they could only get rid of half the wr, qb's, and dbacks having linebacker facemasks we'll be set! Damn that's irritating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

It does suck that the rosters are so F'ed up but at least EA messed up something that we can alter to our liking. I'd much rather them mess up rosters and nail gameplay cause we can change the rosters. If it was the other way around, we'd be saying "Well, maybe next year.....". And we've all been through that before.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
It does suck that the rosters are so F'ed up but at least EA messed up something that we can alter to our liking. I'd much rather them mess up rosters and nail gameplay cause we can change the rosters. If it was the other way around, we'd be saying "Well, maybe next year.....". And we've all been through that before.
Right on. Messing up something that is fixable is ok but messing up something we can's fix is game killer. With all the law suits EA maybe making lots of changes to the rosters but hope they don't lose the ability to edit them. If they did that then why buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »