Home

Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Russell Shepard

The stats seem pretty decent I guess that EA gave him since he did move from QB to WR, but idk 90 speed just seems too low for him. Anyone else using LSU agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
Rookie

CAJUN0UTLAW©'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Russell Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
The stats seem pretty decent I guess that EA gave him since he did move from QB to WR, but idk 90 speed just seems too low for him. Anyone else using LSU agree?
He is beast out of the slot...90 speed is a little low, but its his acceleration that really counts..Id say they got his acceleration pretty much dead on.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Rookie

lsutigernosaint's Arena

OVR: 1

yea i think 90 is a bit low for him but he is great in the slot, i agree. lets hope in real life he can hang on to those balls, unlike in the spring game.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

lol **** his speed rating, they need to give back his throwing rating, I want Shepard over the 3 Dumbo's on the current QB Depth Chart.

They worried to much about how real the game is this year.

When i Play as Jordan Jefferson i cant complete a pass, or get sacked, then he just stands there looking confused. Just Like he do in a Game.

And Jarret Lee, I throw more TD's to the other team then completions. Just like he do in a game.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

No doubt 90 is a little low for Shep - however, his best attribute is his acceleration and agility. If those are in the 90's as well then it's probably just about right.

My gig is that Julio's speed is a 88 or something. That's redonkulous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobalert
lol **** his speed rating, they need to give back his throwing rating, I want Shepard over the 3 Dumbo's on the current QB Depth Chart.

They worried to much about how real the game is this year.

When i Play as Jordan Jefferson i cant complete a pass, or get sacked, then he just stands there looking confused. Just Like he do in a Game.

And Jarret Lee, I throw more TD's to the other team then completions. Just like he do in a game.
Do us all a favor and just leave.

I think 90 is fair. If you watched the tape of the Auburn game last year when he made is first big run he was being chased down at the end. He's not the fastest guy but his acceleration is top notch. He hits holes quick and his first step after catching the ball is awesome. I was surprised his catching rating is as good as it is.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah he's still great to use was just wondering what everyone else thought, his agility/accell makes him great to use for jet sweeps and bubble screens
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLSU
Do us all a favor and just leave.

I think 90 is fair. If you watched the tape of the Auburn game last year when he made is first big run he was being chased down at the end. He's not the fastest guy but his acceleration is top notch. He hits holes quick and his first step after catching the ball is awesome. I was surprised his catching rating is as good as it is.
Great point man. I think too many people lose sight of the fact that acceleration is huge in real life and now it'll be huge in the video game. Not pointing the finger at anybody in this thread but I think that many of the people who complain about the speed ratings really haven't played the game enough to get a true feel for what EA is trying to accomplish this year. Personally, I can feel the difference between Shep having the ball in his hands vs. running the ball with Ridley and I think that's great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »