Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Roman Caesar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
DK,

Alright so I played WSU vs UW 3 times and gave UW 3 different playbooks (Playmakers stated that playbooks make a big difference).

Game 1: UW playbook
Game 2: Pistol playbook
Game 3: WVU playbook

Game 1: Locker 11-21 for 117yds 0tds 2ints 2 sacks, 6 car for 49yds
Synopsis: Played as is out of the box, didnt run when he needed to and certainly no scrambling going on. He broke of a run of 67yds for the td though out of an option play. Other than that not even a threat, he kept dumping to the flats (TE's, FB's and HB's).

Game 2: Locker 8-14 for 79yds 1td 1int 3 sacks, 8 car for 38yds
Synopsis: Still didnt scramble but did move in the pocket a little bit. Never took off when playing deep zone coverage. Just stood there and heaved it up. All yardage of off option and option read plays. Pretty boring.

Game 3: Locker 14-29 for 178yds 2tds 1int 3 sacks, 12 car for 67yds
Synopsis: I got a beatdown! Read options and jet sweeps galore. Options out of the gun, basically the way a great dual threat would play it. He broke some tackles and showed good vision when on the run... even pulled a fake pitch cutback then bounced out side for around 10-15yds it was nice.

Overall: I think the WVU playbook suited his abilities the best but I wouldn't want to put every team with a dual threat QB to WVUs playbook (or something similar). So I will continue to test and see if I can get anything else out of dual threats.

Edit: BTW I am using PM's Varsity Sliders with minor tweaks to the CPU defense.
Some good and some disappointing news in there. Its too bad he didn't run better with his own playbook. Thank you for checking that out.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #74
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Just wanted to say you did better than any of the other "roster makers" have done with Colorado. They still need some pretty solid tweaking, but only if you want to take the time to do it, or have me do it, and then download it from me, and make sure I didn't make them all 99's

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #75
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Excellent rosters. Here are some suggestions for Iowa based off the file I downloaded at 6pm central time.

QB #12 Ricky Stanzi – (Facemask Rev QB2)
QB #14 John Wienke – (Qb facemask Rev 2)
QB #14 AJ Derby- (Remove gloves)

HB #3 Brandon Wegher – (Rev Speed Helmet)

WR #15 Derrell J-Koulianos – (remove visor, team color wrists)
WR #7 Marvin McNutt – (rev face 1, taped wrists)
WR #22 Colin Sandeman – (Rev Speed Helmet, taped wrists)
WR #26 Paul Chaney – (black shirt, max wrist)
WR #6 Keenan Davis – (Sleeve Standard, Short Sleeves)
WR #11 Don Nordmann – (white wrists, Sleeve Standard, Short Sleeves)
WR #23 Jordan Cotton – (Rev Speed Helmet)

TE #39 Brad Herman –(rev helmet, facemask 1)

LT #77 Riley Reiff –(Remove Visor, braces both knees, taped wrists)
LT #69 Kyle Haganman – (Remove Rubber Pads)
LT Andrew Donnal – (Remove Rubber Pads)

LG #63 Julian Vandervelde – (Arm Pad Left Black, taped gloves, remove elbow braces)

C #67 Josh Koeppel – (Black arm pad left, Remove elbow sweatbands, Add OL gloves)
C #53 James Ferentz – (taped wrists, Remove elbow sweatbands, Add OL gloves)

RG #73 Adam Gettis – (taped wrists maxed, Remove elbow sweatbands)
RG Drew Clark – (Remove elbow pads)

RE #94 Adrian Clayborn – (Hometown St. Louis, MO)
RE #58 Lebron Daniel – (Hometown Cleveland, OH)

DT #95 Karl Klug – (remove visor)
DT #93 Mike Daniels – (Remove visor)
DT #54 Steve Bigach – (Remove visor)
DT Thomas Nardo – (Add gloves)

LOLB #45 Tyler Nielsen – (black high arm bands thin)
LOLB Ross Peterson – (Remove visor)
LOL Terrance Pryor – (Hometown South Holland, IL)

MLB #57 Bruce Davis – (Remove elbow pads)

ROLB #42 Jeremiha Hunter – (max tape wrists)
ROLB #48 Troy Johnson – (thin black armband)
ROLB #50 Lance Tillison- (thin taped wrists)

CB #28 Shaun Prater – (taped wrists)
CB #4 Jordan Bernstine – (R & L sleeves short, sleeves standard)
CB #10 William Lowe - (thin white wristbands, thin white elbow bands)

K #1 Daniel Murray – (R & L sleeves short)
K #8 Trent Mossbrucker – (R & L sleeves short, sleeves standard)

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
DK,

Alright so I played WSU vs UW 3 times and gave UW 3 different playbooks (Playmakers stated that playbooks make a big difference).

Game 1: UW playbook
Game 2: Pistol playbook
Game 3: WVU playbook

Game 1: Locker 11-21 for 117yds 0tds 2ints 2 sacks, 6 car for 49yds
Synopsis: Played as is out of the box, didnt run when he needed to and certainly no scrambling going on. He broke of a run of 67yds for the td though out of an option play. Other than that not even a threat, he kept dumping to the flats (TE's, FB's and HB's).

Game 2: Locker 8-14 for 79yds 1td 1int 3 sacks, 8 car for 38yds
Synopsis: Still didnt scramble but did move in the pocket a little bit. Never took off when playing deep zone coverage. Just stood there and heaved it up. All yardage of off option and option read plays. Pretty boring.

Game 3: Locker 14-29 for 178yds 2tds 1int 3 sacks, 12 car for 67yds
Synopsis: I got a beatdown! Read options and jet sweeps galore. Options out of the gun, basically the way a great dual threat would play it. He broke some tackles and showed good vision when on the run... even pulled a fake pitch cutback then bounced out side for around 10-15yds it was nice.

Overall: I think the WVU playbook suited his abilities the best but I wouldn't want to put every team with a dual threat QB to WVUs playbook (or something similar). So I will continue to test and see if I can get anything else out of dual threats.

Edit: BTW I am using PM's Varsity Sliders with minor tweaks to the CPU defense.
Thanks for checking it out in game. Some good and some bad here, at least it's a bit better. I think with everyone's input we could get a more realistic single player experience. Any other findings from toying with the ratings you could share, chia51?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 21

Well here are some observations that I have noted: (FYI: I only do testing in games and not in practice)

If a Qb's elusiveness is above 90 and his awareness is also above 90... when blitzed they go into a "panic" mode and throw instantly after the snap even on screen plays. This happens at a good clip 50 -75% of the time blitzed. This is off memory and not taken from exact numbers.

If a Qb's elusiveness is above 90 and his awareness is below 90... it does not happen, quite as much. I would make ELU go no higher than 85 and then reserve that for only the most mobile Qb's... Vick for example.

BCV does exactly what it says. So once he does start to run then it kicks in.

Last edited by chia51; 08-08-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #78
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Just wanted to say you did better than any of the other "roster makers" have done with Colorado. They still need some pretty solid tweaking, but only if you want to take the time to do it, or have me do it, and then download it from me, and make sure I didn't make them all 99's
If you post the information here- I'll definitely give that a look at.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #79
All Star

Quote:
Well here are some observations that I have noted: (FYI: I only do testing in games and not in practice)

If a Qb's elusiveness is above 90 and his awareness is also above 90... when blitzed they go into a "panic" mode and throw instantly after the snap even on screen plays. This happens at a good clip 50 -75% of the time blitzed. This is off memory and not taken from exact numbers.

If a Qb's elusiveness is above 90 and his awareness is below 90... it does not happen, quite as much. I would make ELU go no higher than 85 and then reserve that for only the most mobile Qb's... Vick for example.

BCV does exactly what it says. So once he does start to run then it kicks in.
This is interesting, like the QB was overly made to run and be aware (read for D to pass) that he doesn't know what to do.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #80
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
This is interesting, like the QB was overly made to run and be aware (read for D to pass) that he doesn't know what to do.
Just curious about something. When I was talking about this with PM, he seemed to think the Tendency has a lot to do with it. What is Jake Locker's tendency? I would think it is balanced because of his passing abilities. I am wondering if it would make a difference if you change it so he is a scrambler? You can check his tendency by going into edit ratings and it will say it at the top.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »