Home

Marshall University Fans

This is a discussion on Marshall University Fans within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Marshall University Fans

I already added Graham to the latest update.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

What systems are each of you using and what roster set are you basing these on with your respective systems?

I am on PS3

PSN: JLWebb_USA
Old 07-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm on 360, I need to add that to my card.

Also, a little breaking news: DeQuan Bembry has just been arrested again (Sunday morning for DUI) and has already been dismissed from the team by Doc. It is his fourth arrest in the last year and a half. That leaves the Herd pretty thin at corner. Doc will probably have to move some of those Florida athletes to corner just to have some competition at the position.

As for my information... Let's just say I work for a Huntington news organization. I'm a 2004 MU grad and love the Herd, but due to my position can't really come out and support the team like a fan publicly or anything.

I agree about Travon Van. I really think either Van or Chisolm will find their way on to the field this year. I don't think you get kids that talented without whispering that they have a chance to play early. But running back is stacked with Ward and Booker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHERD
I'm on 360, I need to add that to my card.

Also, a little breaking news: DeQuan Bembry has just been arrested again (Sunday morning for DUI) and has already been dismissed from the team by Doc. It is his fourth arrest in the last year and a half. That leaves the Herd pretty thin at corner. Doc will probably have to move some of those Florida athletes to corner just to have some competition at the position.

As for my information... Let's just say I work for a Huntington news organization. I'm a 2004 MU grad and love the Herd, but due to my position can't really come out and support the team like a fan publicly or anything.

I agree about Travon Van. I really think either Van or Chisolm will find their way on to the field this year. I don't think you get kids that talented without whispering that they have a chance to play early. But running back is stacked with Ward and Booker.
What I have read about Van... it appears he is atheltic enough to play in the defensive backfield. Perhaps this latest break with Bembry will get him on the field on the other side of the ball.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #13
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

I was talking to a Marshall assistant yesterday who seems to think Jermaine Kelson, a 5-9 athlete from Florida will be their best freshman converted to corner.

The guy is blazing fast. Here he is playing quarterback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujUrnunPRw

I think if Van has to redshirt (grades) he'll probably stay at running back. But there will be a lot of freshman on the field this year, especially at defensive back (Brian Robinson, Gator Hoskins, Zach Dunston and Kelson) and maybe at least one receiver (Jazz King or Fred Pickett)
Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #14
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

Quote:
I was talking to a Marshall assistant yesterday who seems to think Jermaine Kelson, a 5-9 athlete from Florida will be their best freshman converted to corner.

The guy is blazing fast. Here he is playing quarterback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PujUrnunPRw

I think if Van has to redshirt (grades) he'll probably stay at running back. But there will be a lot of freshman on the field this year, especially at defensive back (Brian Robinson, Gator Hoskins, Zach Dunston and Kelson) and maybe at least one receiver (Jazz King or Fred Pickett)
They say that Robinson kid is outstanding.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

Robinson is the real deal according to coaches I have talked to.

here are the changes I made just moving guys around:

QB 1 AJ Graham - made from QB 13 Press Taylor (rumored to leave)
HB Travon Van - made from FB Jordan Taylor
HB Antwon Chisolm - made from CB Demetrius Evans
WR Michael Rhynes - made from CB TJ Drakeford
WR Troy Evans - made from RB Aaron Slusher (will redshirt - practice player)
TE Billy Mitchell - made from OL Erik Vint (practice player)
FS Zach Dunston - made from LB Quanthony Fletcher

*I moved Terrell Edwards Maye to FB just to fill the roster, he should be the short yardage guy so that made sense to me

* I did not make senior WR Courtney Edmonson - I'm not conviced he will play after making it back from injury.. He was not impressive in the Spring. Michael Rhynes looked really good this spring and is yonger so I decided to make him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

Quote:
Robinson is the real deal according to coaches I have talked to.

here are the changes I made just moving guys around:

QB 1 AJ Graham - made from QB 13 Press Taylor (rumored to leave)
HB Travon Van - made from FB Jordan Taylor
HB Antwon Chisolm - made from CB Demetrius Evans
WR Michael Rhynes - made from CB TJ Drakeford
WR Troy Evans - made from RB Aaron Slusher (will redshirt - practice player)
TE Billy Mitchell - made from OL Erik Vint (practice player)
FS Zach Dunston - made from LB Quanthony Fletcher

*I moved Terrell Edwards Maye to FB just to fill the roster, he should be the short yardage guy so that made sense to me

* I did not make senior WR Courtney Edmonson - I'm not conviced he will play after making it back from injury.. He was not impressive in the Spring. Michael Rhynes looked really good this spring and is yonger so I decided to make him.
I am going to make a bold statement and say Rhynes will be the most productive receiver in the 2nd half of the season.

Good stuff man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »