Home

Marshall University Fans

This is a discussion on Marshall University Fans within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13
Marshall University Fans

I thought I would make this thread so that us Thundering Herd fans can collaborate on the progress of the Herd's roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Marshall University Fans

I'm in....

Let's start with the obvious, QBs first. I'm working off of the version 1 of the community rosters:

#1 AJ Graham (redshirt Freshman)
#12 Brian Anderson (senior)
#? Willy Korn (redshirt Junior, wore #3 at Clemson but won't at MU)
#13 Press Taylor (senior - may transfer down to I-AA)
#? Eddie Sullivan (Freshman)
#10 Mark Cann (redshirt Junior - not certain he will even play football in '10)

AJ Graham is completely missing. This guy is the future of the program and he has been left off the game completely:

#1 AJ Graham, 6-4, 210
*former Florida 5A player of the year
*most impressive player in the Spring game
*Runs very well, probably an 86-87 speed with good acceleration
* I turned CB TJ Drakeford into Graham for offline and Dynasty play. Drakeford has left the team.

Anderson is pretty solid as-is in the game.

Korn is the wild card here. Word is he's not digesting the new spread offense very well, so his awareness might need to fall, but I think his ratings are decent.

Sullivan is not black and will probably redshirt and wear number #10 if Mark Cann does not play. But the coaches like him a lot - He's from Boca Raton Florida and originally committed to play at Wake Forest

Thoughts on QBs? And then on to Running backs?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

andre booker is the future at running back and could be rated a little higher imo
GO HERD!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Mark Gale isn't black either.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

Booker has switched to #19 for this season, but still will play running back. He and Martin Ward look really good (both in the spring and the bowl game)

There are a couple of freshman you should google that will be in the backfield race this year: Travon Van (former Florida commit) and Antwon Chisolm.

FB Jordan Taylor has left the team and Aaron Slusher (who is on the roster as #28) will never see the field.

Here are players who have left the team we can use to edit:

TJ Drakeford - transfer
Demetrious Thomas - transfer to Alabama A&M
Phil Walker - transfer to Indiana State
Quan Fletcher - left
Jordan Taylor - transfer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

is Korn really a RS JR?

he graduated from Clemson as a Junior. I thought this would be his SR season.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #7
Rookie

JKHERD's Arena

The equivalent of a RS-JR... Since he had an injury year and transfers from Clemson after graduating early to enroll in a graduate program that Clemson doesn't offer, he can play for two years without sitting out.

He was highly touted coming out of high school and only lost his job to Parker there because he was injured. But like I said earlier, it sounds like he is having problems with Doc Holliday's version of the Florida spread.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHERD
I'm in....

Let's start with the obvious, QBs first. I'm working off of the version 1 of the community rosters:

#1 AJ Graham (redshirt Freshman)
#12 Brian Anderson (senior)
#? Willy Korn (redshirt Junior, wore #3 at Clemson but won't at MU)
#13 Press Taylor (senior - may transfer down to I-AA)
#? Eddie Sullivan (Freshman)
#10 Mark Cann (redshirt Junior - not certain he will even play football in '10)

AJ Graham is completely missing. This guy is the future of the program and he has been left off the game completely:

#1 AJ Graham, 6-4, 210
*former Florida 5A player of the year
*most impressive player in the Spring game
*Runs very well, probably an 86-87 speed with good acceleration
* I turned CB TJ Drakeford into Graham for offline and Dynasty play. Drakeford has left the team.

Anderson is pretty solid as-is in the game.

Korn is the wild card here. Word is he's not digesting the new spread offense very well, so his awareness might need to fall, but I think his ratings are decent.

Sullivan is not black and will probably redshirt and wear number #10 if Mark Cann does not play. But the coaches like him a lot - He's from Boca Raton Florida and originally committed to play at Wake Forest

Thoughts on QBs? And then on to Running backs?
Yes, it blew my mind that Graham was completed missing.

I was unaware that Taylor and Cann may not be with the Herd this season (whether transfer or not playing at all).

Additionally, you are correct... Sullivan is not black and I am hesitant on his future as he is traditonally undersized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHERD
Booker has switched to #19 for this season, but still will play running back. He and Martin Ward look really good (both in the spring and the bowl game)

There are a couple of freshman you should google that will be in the backfield race this year: Travon Van (former Florida commit) and Antwon Chisolm.

FB Jordan Taylor has left the team and Aaron Slusher (who is on the roster as #28) will never see the field.

Here are players who have left the team we can use to edit:

TJ Drakeford - transfer
Demetrious Thomas - transfer to Alabama A&M
Phil Walker - transfer to Indiana State
Quan Fletcher - left
Jordan Taylor - transfer
I am excited to see how the Travan Van transpires. I believe he left Florida due to grade qualification issues, and enrolled and signed with the Herd this summer, correct?

I believe this is just a hint of what Doc Holliday is going to bring to the Herd program. He has such a deep rooted connection with Florida... and we all know that Florida continues to produce outstanding talent.

Again, I was unaware of a lot of the transfers you have posted. I am dissapointed to see that Walker and Fletcher are gone.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you acquiring your news?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »