Home

Players Homestate affecting Dynasty recruiting?

This is a discussion on Players Homestate affecting Dynasty recruiting? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

bwetz34's Arena

OVR: 1
Players Homestate affecting Dynasty recruiting?

I've skimmed through some rosters and seen that there are quite a few wrong home states. Can this affect recruiting in dynasty mode by the cpu or are the pipeline states preset?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Players Homestate affecting Dynasty recruiting?

The CPU will target players from their state and pipeline states. Many of the recruits want to play for the schools that are close.

I don't think the home state of current players has an affect on new recruits.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Rookie

doomsday72499's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The CPU will target players from their state and pipeline states. Many of the recruits want to play for the schools that are close.

I don't think the home state of current players has an affect on new recruits.
I thought the current players "define" what the pipelines start out as, otherwise, what dictates the initial pipelines? I would be interested to know if you changed your 5+ players each to FL, OH, TX and CA and then had your own initial state would you get those as pipelines?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday72499
I thought the current players "define" what the pipelines start out as, otherwise, what dictates the initial pipelines? I would be interested to know if you changed your 5+ players each to FL, OH, TX and CA and then had your own initial state would you get those as pipelines?

I tested this out a lil bit...i found that pipelines are determined by the state you in and how many players you had from every other state at the start of the season, even at the start of a dynasty.
I started a Dynasty w/ Texas and moved hometowns around to Cali & Fla, obviously left Tx in there too. What I found was that when i had 4 or 5 players from Cal/Fla, it would become a pipeline state...BTW starting off with all three as pipelines doesn't seem to get the achievement...try starting off with 4 or 5 from Cali/Tx and 3 from Fla and recruit a couple more from Fla in the 1st year to end up with all three as pipelines

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
Rookie

doomsday72499's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
I tested this out a lil bit...i found that pipelines are determined by the state you in and how many players you had from every other state at the start of the season, even at the start of a dynasty.
I started a Dynasty w/ Texas and moved hometowns around to Cali & Fla, obviously left Tx in there too. What I found was that when i had 4 or 5 players from Cal/Fla, it would become a pipeline state...BTW starting off with all three as pipelines doesn't seem to get the achievement...try starting off with 4 or 5 from Cali/Tx and 3 from Fla and recruit a couple more from Fla in the 1st year to end up with all three as pipelines
Will have to try this....may be "dumb" cheat but if your team only has like 2-3 pipelines starting off...adding another or so via this method would be simplier than "paying" for it via the add-ons....or may not do it but it is interesting at least..thanks for checking on it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday72499
Will have to try this....may be "dumb" cheat but if your team only has like 2-3 pipelines starting off...adding another or so via this method would be simplier than "paying" for it via the add-ons....or may not do it but it is interesting at least..thanks for checking on it...
Agree and no problem

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »