Home

Random Ridiculous Ratings

This is a discussion on Random Ridiculous Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Random Ridiculous Ratings

OK, I think the ratings are decent for the most part, but there are some random ratings that are just WAY off. I'm not talking about the Alabama stuff or Dre Kirkpatrick being a 95 OVR. He's at least a highly touted prospect. I'm talking about random true freshmen having 95 BTK at the QB position. So here's a few I've found:

(These are based off Gator/Blocko's Rosters, so the names could be slightly different):

QB
Robert Partridge, FR, Miami (OH)--94 SPD (Best Overall), 59 ACC
Supposed to be a mobile QB, but 94 SPD is pretty high.

Michael Strauss, FR, Virginia
--87 SPD, 89 AGI, 90 ACC, 95 BTK (Best QB), 87 ELU, 95 BCV, 92 SPM, 97 JKM **Rivals 3 * recruit, and not really known for his running ability***
--Here I can see where Playmakers says that EA recycles some ratings. These are almost exact to Jameel Sewell's last year (Virginia QB), and Sewell's 95 BTK was way too high too.

Brett Nottingham, FR, Stanford
--96 THA (Best in the game). He's a top recruit, and one of Rivals' most accurate passers, but he should NOT be the most accurate as a true freshman.

WR
Chris Fields, R-Fr, Ohio St.--99 ACC (Best in the game), 95 AGI, 94 ELU. Don't know why he is the best? Actually most Ohio St. WRs have really high ACC.

Austin Zouzalik, SO, Texas Tech
--94 SPD, 95 ACC, 94 AGI, 77 BTK, 92 ELU, 92 SPM, 94 JKM--He's a decent possession WR in their system, but this is absurd. Looks like Crabtree's ratings....

Bradley McDougald, SO, Kansas
--97 SPC (Best), 90 CIT (Best)--These look like Dezmon Briscoe's ratings.....

Speed Leaders (97 each) (Looks pretty random)
Kyle Jefferson, Wisconsin
Brice Butler, USC
James Kirkendoll, Texas (Isn't Marquise Goowin supposed to be the speedster)
Darick Rogers, Tennessee
Dejuan Miller, Oklahoma
Shaquelle Evans, Notre Dame
Michael Carr, Mississippi St
Don't think these are the fastest WRs in college football. All of them have low ACC and most of them are 6'3"+.

BTK Leaders (Not sure if this rating even does anything, I think ELU/JKM/TRK have taken it's place)
DJ Davis, Oregon 94 (95 Juke too)
John Chiles, Texas 92
Austin Pettis, Boise St 92
Keith Smith, Purdue 91
Eric Moats, Utah St 90
--There are a ton of random WRs with abnormally high BTK. For comparison, Mark Ingram is at 92 BTK.

OL
Do the PBK or RBK ratings even matter any more? I don't think so, but here are some weird ones:

LT Stavion Lowe R-Fr LSU
--98 RBK (nothing else is exceptional)

LT Everett Benyard R-FR, Oregon and Chris Faulk R-FR, LSU
--95 PBK, 95 RBK (the ratings that matter are normal)

This is just on offense, and I've only touched on a few.

Anyone else have any ratings that are just WAY off?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Random Ridiculous Ratings

You need to look at acceleration ratings too. That 94 speed is doing too much with 56 acceleration. It will take him at least 40 yards to hit top speed. Thats at the least.

― Plato
Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You need to look at acceleration ratings too. That 94 speed is doing too much with 56 acceleration. It will take him at least 40 yards to hit top speed. Thats at the least.
Yeah I realize that's the case, but he still shouldn't have 94 speed. A lot of the top ACC guys shouldn't be there either.

I focused on plenty more than just speed with the other examples.

The Virginia QB I listed runs better than Tebow...

Last edited by Palo20; 07-19-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

I am a Uva alum. Strauss is a better runner than his film shows in person, but no way in hell is he above a 70-71
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Pryor for Ohio St. doesn't need a 90-something SPD. I lowered him down to an 87 for my dynasty, and no RB is over 95 OVR because I don't think they have that good of players in NCAA this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Absurd ratings can be justified by the fact that EA rosters "dont represent any real life players". So the QB with the most accurate arm or the 90+ BTK technically is just a made up player.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkone
Absurd ratings can be justified by the fact that EA rosters "dont represent any real life players". So the QB with the most accurate arm or the 90+ BTK technically is just a made up player.
Correct. This is why we have the ability to edit rosters/ratings ourselves.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakkone
Why do people continue to bring this up? EA is obviously comfortable with just putting "QB 15" and having that protect them. They clearly put effort in to make rosters with the real players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »