Home

Official Community Rosters Update thread

This is a discussion on Official Community Rosters Update thread within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #57
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Official Community Rosters Update thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbanksta
Thanks for the updates, I see the next one is for 4:30pm, just wondering if you in PST or EST, etc... Thanks again
Eastern time zone
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #58
Pro

123abcdylan's Arena

OVR: 6

Arkansas punter Dylan Breeding should have a 74 kpw and a 83 kac
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #59
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abcdylan
Arkansas punter Dylan Breeding should have a 74 kpw and a 83 kac
Taken care of. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #60
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abcdylan
Dj adams md, bj adolpho nm state, aj alexander fsu, ej banks nd, tj barnes gt, jc brignone miss state, tj bryant usc, bj cabbell virginia, jr collins vt, jc copeland lsu and that's just A through C alphabetically
Done. Will be on the next update.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #61
Rookie

MrBlonde21's Arena

RE: U$C, here's an updated depth chart. This is the BEST tool that any team has and I state, once again, that I wish every team had this:

http://www.teamandras.com/USC/2010_U...010_07_27.html

"WR for Michigan John Doe beat Usain Bolt in a parking lot at the Food Lion by the school so clearly he should be a 99" won't be taken in to consideration
- CWSapp757
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #62
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

Arkansas Depth Chart is auto reordered needs to be fixed if you can
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Edits and corrections for Syracuse:

Ryan Nassib (QB) should be lowered to an 80 at the highest. Played sparingly last season and may have upside but he is not by far the best quarterback on the roster. Drop Awr by 1 and THA by 1 or 2

James Jarrett (QB) should be changed back to Jonny Miller. Jarrett is a walkon who is a year ahead of Miller and John Kinder and will be no better than the 3rd string QB at any point in his career. Miller

Averin Collier (HB) should be a redshirt sophomore who should be up around 77-78. While he is 3rd on the depth chart he will be the starter at least for the first 4 games while Delone Carter is suspended (possibly more) and is a more durable, every down inside outside back than Antwon Bailey. Bailey is more of a home run hitting speed guy only twice getting more than 7 carries last season as the "starter."

Marcus Sales is the 3rd receiver behind Alec Lemon and Van Chew. He has the physical talent to be the number one and caught 8 passes for 158 yards in the spring game but has struggled for 2 years with his hands. He should not have the highest catching on the team. I dropped it to the low 70s.

Jeremiah Kobena (WR) should be dark skinned True FR who was recruited as an athlete and finished 6th in the NY State 100 Meter dash with a time of 10.8 seconds. His speed/accel should be higher than 83/87 he is likely to be the fastest player on the roster when he arrives in the fall. He may spend time at HB as well.

Justin Pugh (RT) should be a redshirt FR and should be boosted to at least 75 if not higher. He is likely the best lineman on the roster.
"By midway through last season there were off-the-record whispers from SU coaches that the team's best offensive tackle was redshirting. That would be Pugh, a product of Pennsylvania's hotbed for blue-collar, tough-as-nails linemen. All indications are the Orange got a potential four-year star in Pugh, who has the inside track on starting at the critical left tackle and protecting quarterback Ryan Nassib's blind side."
He should be moved to LT and move Michael Hay to RT

Josh White (RT) left the team this summer and will not be returning. He can be changed to LG #71 Adam Rosner, a redshirt senior returning starter. O Line should be Pugh, Rosner, Bartholomew, Tiller, Hay from left to right.

Chandler Jones (RE) could be bumped up a couple points in the pass rush categories. He is the younger brother of Arthur Jones who was a likely All-American last year before he got hurt and was drafted in the 3rd round. Jones is expected to be the breakout star of the team this year. Syracuse Defense was actually top 20 in the country in sacks last year and all return but A. Jones, so bumping up everyones pass rush a little may be reasonable.

Andrew Lewis (DT) will be the starter next to Bud Tribbey. Bump his OVR up 3 and change Ollie Haney to Dion Goggins DT #13, A JUCO pass rushing DT out of Cerritos (CA) CC where he had 8 sacks and 10 tackles for loss. He is expected to play significant snaps.

Brice Hawkes should be 6'0 216. One of the recruiting sites had him at 6'3" 205 LB/TE/WR but syracuse roster lists him at 6'0"

Depth Chart lists Shamarko Thomas and Max Suter as even odds to be the starting SS. As bad as the pass defense was last year I would be more likely to drop Thomas' OVR than to raise Suters.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #64
Rookie

davidwgibson's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate to be a nag, but I wasn't sure if anybody saw my last post as it was somewhat buried in the middle of another conversation.

Anyways I'm just reposting it again, sorry if I come off as annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new to this whole thing and am a USC fan and I've noticed some problems with SC's roster.

QB:

Matt Barkley is rated 86 which I would agree is fair except for the fact that there are a number of players rated higher than him that do not deserve to be. Most glaringly is Garret Gilbert of Texas, who played a significant role in only one game last year. His 87 rating is very inconsistent when you see that Barkley who started all but one game last year is somehow below him.

Barkley has been projected by more than one draft expert as the number 1 overall pick in the 2011 or 2012 drafts because of his uncanny ability, arm strength, and awareness. These may not have shown up yet in his play except for the arm strength, which is rated at 90, I think it should at the least be 93-94, so as to put him in a league with the stronger arms on the game. Arm strength does not progress in dynasty mode, so I think this is fair. His acceleration is inexplicably at 88, which I think should be no higher than 76, while his speed could justifiably be dropped to 72-73.

Mitch Mustain is rated 78, which is hard to explain as he is considered by most to be the most stable back up in the whole NCAA, I think he could be raised to 84, this could be done by raising his awareness to 73 and his throw accuracy to 85. His arm strength might be lower than 92, perhaps at 90-91.

Brett Kan is a princeton transfer, so I'm not sure what skills he does and does not have, but I'm quite sure that he isn't worth a 77 rating. I think adjusting his ratings to make him no better than 70-71 is about right.

Jesse Scroggins was a highly touted quarterback prospect last year, rated the second best by ESPN, the fifth by Rivals, and the sixth by Scout. He's rated 70 on NCAA, but I think that his throw accuracy is drastically low at 69. He's considered a pro-style passer, yet his a scrambler on the game. I think his speed rating should be brought down to 78, his agility to 81, and his acceleration to 76. His throw accuracy could probably be brought up to 79-81. This could bring him a bit high, but I think that adjusting his ratings further, perhaps his running skills could bring him to where he deserves to be. Most fairly, somewhere between 75-78.

James Boyd is a DE on the game, and was created by the team that edited the rosters (which by the way are great in all), but was recently switched from his recruited position of lineman to quarterback. He's actually our third string quarterback, even in front of Scroggins. I think leaving his ratings where they are is fair, but adjusting his throw power to 86 and his throw accuracy to 79 is fair, after this is done, he might need to be adjusted in his awareness to fine tune his final rating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most other positions are fair, but there are a few players that could stand to be adjusted.

Ronald Johnson is, in my opinion, vastly overrated, I think his speed should be dropped to 93, and his acceleration should be improved to 98 (he's the team's fastest player). This would make him better, but I think his catching could be dropped from 86 to 81, to adjust him. His awareness as well could be dropped into the mid to low 80's to account for his overrating.

Brice Butler's speed should be dropped to 88, and his acceleration should be bumped up to the early 90's to make him a more even runner, in my opinion.

David Ausberry's speed should be dropped, as should his acceleration. His speed could even be dropped into the late 70's, while his acceleration could stand realistically at 84.

I'm content with the offensive and defensive lines, except that DaJohn Harris could be bumped up, as I believe he had an impressive off season, and might even jump up and become our third DT this season. George Uko, like Harris could stand with some bumping as he was a good recruit, but I'm not sure I can make a case for him.

At the linebacker position, Devon Kennard is a freak that could start for us at defensive end, or become our best outside linebacker. Right now however, he's in the middle of a position battle with Chris Galippo for the starting position of middle linebacker. The last I heard, he was actually making a better showing than Galippo, and I expect him to be our starter come the season opener. I suggest moving Galippo down to the 86-88 range, by adjusting his awareness and pursuit ratings, while Kennard could be moved up to Galippo's same rating, by increasing his speed to the early to mid eighties, and toying with his defensive skills. I'm not an expert on the linebacker rating formula however, so I'd leave it up to you guys.

The last few ratings I'd have adjusted were in the secondary. Again, I'm hardly experienced in the formula for safeties and corner's ratings. I know though that Jawanza Starling is our starting free safety as of right now, and Patrick Hall is ahead of Drew McAllister for second string. I think that Starling should be moved up to an 83 rating, while McAllister and Hall should share an even rating of 80, or perhaps a 79.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for even looking at these, I understand that you guys don't have to do this for any of us, especially since you guys have already done such an outstanding job. These are all simply suggestions that I'd really love to see in your guys' next update. Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »