Home

NCAA 11 Michigan Defense

This is a discussion on NCAA 11 Michigan Defense within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
Rookie

FJ47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 11 Michigan Defense

Michigan is moving to a 3-3-5 defense this year, but from what I've seen from game film from last year and the spring game, it is pretty similar with their alignments.

I don't like how the man-2-man defenses line up in the 3-3-5 or the 4-2-5 defenses so I've decided that I'm going to use the 3-4 this year. My lineup looks like this, but it could change by the start of the season:

LE Greg Banks
NT Mike Martin
RE Ryan Van Bergen

LOLB Craig Roh
MLB Obi Ezeh
MLB Jonas Mouton
ROLB Thomas Gordon

LCB JT Floyd
SS Jordan Kovacs
FS Cameron Gordon
RCB Troy Woolfolk
Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ47
Michigan is moving to a 3-3-5 defense this year, but from what I've seen from game film from last year and the spring game, it is pretty similar with their alignments.

I don't like how the man-2-man defenses line up in the 3-3-5 or the 4-2-5 defenses so I've decided that I'm going to use the 3-4 this year. My lineup looks like this, but it could change by the start of the season:

LE Greg Banks
NT Mike Martin
RE Ryan Van Bergen

LOLB Craig Roh
MLB Obi Ezeh
MLB Jonas Mouton
ROLB Thomas Gordon

LCB JT Floyd
SS Jordan Kovacs
FS Cameron Gordon
RCB Troy Woolfolk
I was leaning a little towards this setup also. in the game I dont like how the 3-3-5 uses Roh as an OLB, not enough plays to blitz him. thanks for the help
Old 08-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

I use the 3-4 as well since that is what I know from my high school days. I honestly don't know the 3-3-5 or how to use it correctly.

On an off topic note does anyone know how the hell to run out of the gun? Seems like every time I try and run Shaw/Smith out of the read or just the spread their DL get in the back field and get me for a lose; EVERY TIME this seems to happen. Now in the "i" or the pro set I can run pretty effectively but out of the spread I can never gain ground. It also seems no matter what D I read or how I set up the CPU they always know I am going to run.

Also is there a way to adjust the zoom while playing the game? It seems the graphics are really nice when you zoom in on replay but during actual play they look like junk, not every sharp, jaggies all over the place and I cannot read the names on the back of the jerseys.

Thanks and sorry to OP for hijacking your topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippz
I use the 3-4 as well since that is what I know from my high school days. I honestly don't know the 3-3-5 or how to use it correctly.

On an off topic note does anyone know how the hell to run out of the gun? Seems like every time I try and run Shaw/Smith out of the read or just the spread their DL get in the back field and get me for a lose; EVERY TIME this seems to happen. Now in the "i" or the pro set I can run pretty effectively but out of the spread I can never gain ground. It also seems no matter what D I read or how I set up the CPU they always know I am going to run.

Also is there a way to adjust the zoom while playing the game? It seems the graphics are really nice when you zoom in on replay but during actual play they look like junk, not every sharp, jaggies all over the place and I cannot read the names on the back of the jerseys.

Thanks and sorry to OP for hijacking your topic.
no need to be sorry, we can talk anything Michigan or NCAA Football in here

I can run pretty well in shotgun, for me its real important to follow your blocks. I also put WRs and TEs in motion to the side I am running too. On the read options I watch the DE or OLB, if they stay put I hand it off, if they come in hard, I keep it. Dont know if this helps or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »