Home

Editing Rosters And Ratings

This is a discussion on Editing Rosters And Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

cougfan68's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic Player Ratings Project

I have spent the last few days coming up with some ideas for a rating formula based on draft ratings for 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. I'm trying to rate the rosters based on the talent evaluations of the most qualified experts around, pro scouts. This project is going to based soley on where pro scouts have individuals ranked (by position and by class) and not by what school they go to or what conference that they play in. Too many underated players in the smaller conferences, and too many overated players in the BCS conferences. Just a quick example: I found an SEC center in the game rated 92 OVR, while in the draft rankings, I'm using, he is ranked as the 27th best center in the country, and that is just amongst the senior centers. Meanwhile I found a MAC center who is ranked as the 7th best senior center, and the game has his OVR rating at 83. That's not the level of "realism" I was looking for when I purchased this game. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about this project please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by cougfan68; 08-21-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

cougfan68's Arena

Re: Editing Rosters And Ratings

I have finished the formula to rerate the rosters based off draft rankings for 2011-2014 (figured out a way to rate true freshman also). The system is basically set up on the premise that the highest rated players for each class should be the ones projected to be in NFL training camps when they come out of school. The way I figured this was noting the average number of players at each position that have been drafted or signed as undrafted free agents over the past 5 years. This establishes the top two rungs of the rating scale. The rest of the remaining players ratings are based on what percentile they fall into in the rankings for their position. For example if a RB is ranked 55th out of 178 junior RBs he would be in the 30.9th percentile for that group, and would receive the overall rating called for on the scale for 2012 running backs. I have finished all the offensive position rating scales and have begun work on the defensive ones. Once again if anyone has any ideas about this project please let me know.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I fully support this endeavor as I feel in most sports video games there is too much of a gap in most ratings extremes. I've seen a few threads talking about how real life attributes relate to in game attributes on here, so hopefully those people will chime in here.

Personally I'm not going to get into anything too serious with this game until ea has finished with their patches and whatnot. A lot of weird stuff going on in this game.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Rookie

cougfan68's Arena

I agree with waiting for them to patch all the bugs. Fortunately reworking the ratings will probably take long enough that when the rosters are ready the game will be as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »