Home

***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

This is a discussion on ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread*** within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #33
Rookie

tantheman132's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

For NIU:

Akeem Daniels WR #30 should be 180 pounds
Tyler Loos LT #75 should be 6'-6"

For Ball State:

Kelly Page QB #5 should be 211 pounds
Aaron Mershman QB #11 should be 211 pounds
Jamill Smith WR #80 should be 137 pounds(I know weight doesnt go that low in game, but whatever is the lowest will suffice)
Cameron Lowry LT #72 should be 6'-6" and 289 pounds
Kitt O'Brien LG #79 should be a true sophmore
Dan Manick RG should be #73 and redshirt sophmore
Rayondon Kennedy RG should be #76 and redshirt junior
Andrew Puthoff LE #41 should be redshirt junior
Anthony Stryffeler LE #98 should be 220 pounds
Justin Woodard RE #93 should be redshirt senior
Harold Hogue DT #60 should be a redshirt freshman
Lorren Womack MLB #32 should be a true junior
Davyd Jones ROLB #42 should be a true senior
Kevin Obyc ROLB should be #49 and 195 pounds
Koreen Burch CB #19 should be a redshirt junior and 170 pounds
Jason Pinkston CB #10 should be a true sophmore and 177 pounds
Odis Prunty CB #11 should be 5'-10" and 175 pounds
Jeff Garrett CB #28 should be 5'-9"
Joshua Howard FS should be #20
Brian Jones FS #27 should be 5'-10" and 175 pounds
Ian McGarvey K #26 should be 195 pounds and a true senior

All this according to Ball State's official website:
http://ballstatesports.com/SportSele...33&SPSID=67659

Last edited by tantheman132; 08-20-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #34
Rookie

SCWinForeverW/OPete's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpowser
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but Robert Woods of USC was the number 1 ranked WR in 2010, though he is ranked lower then Kyle Prater and about the same as Markeith Ambles? Have Ambles and Prater passed Woods on the depth chart or what? Just curious.. Thanks.
Woods is actually doing great and so is Ambles. The reason Prater is rated higher on the game is that he came to USC early and practiced in the spring while Woods and Ambles just arrived and are still learning.

All three will be great in the future, but right now Prater has been the most impressive (if not only because he's been here the longest). Ambles has actually gotten the most hype since arriving, I think. Woods will definitely be our third receiver by the middle of October in my opinion, but Prater might be the best down the road.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

For PSU...

WR derek Moye isnt black, hes white and the darkest shade so light 20 is about right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anybody??? I was hoping to get some people's opinions before I started posting my equipment edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLehrsch32
I had a question for DK and or anyone else...as far as equipment edits are concerned what is to be done about the lack of revo speed facemasks in the game. There are only 2 versions in the game, but many players have a single bar style, robot style, 2 bar single style and RB 3-bar styles...I was wondering what the general consensus was to supplement in place of those lacking revo speed helmets. For example, last year Madden used the DNA robot in place of "single bar" robot revo speed helmet ( the same helmet style that Maurice Jones-Drew wears now). Also, I think using the regular Revo 2 bar single best mimicks the revo speed 2 bar single (the helmet style that Arkansas QB Ryan Mallet wears). I figure the revo speed robot "2 bar" (which is included in the game) could be used for any skill players who have either that exact facemask or wear the RB-3 bar style ( the style that Tim Tebow has switched to in Madden). I still don't know what the solution is for the revo speed single bar (what Ben Rothleisberger is now wearing). Use the schutt single bar??? I know it is quite a deviation from the revo speed, but nothing is really even close. What do you guys think??
Old 08-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

I did the Florida State roster edits for Carson when he was still active on these forums and had the Seminoles rosters perfect. I downloaded yours and now they look horrendous. I know that this is not YOUR fault DK (love your rosters in the past) and that someone else changed them from the previous regiment and taking peoples "suggestions" and not facts.

I actually work for Florida State's football team, know the team inside and out, and will be on the sidelines tomorrow for the Seminoles scrimmage at 12 Noon. So I'm not just throwing crap out there hoping it will stick.

But before I make the recommended changes, let me say that there's a flaw with these rosters (all teams; again, not your fault.) There are a lot of 4-star and highly regarded 3-star prospects on the rosters that have crap ratings.

Why does this matter?

Because when EA did the tuner update to make all prospects WE recruit in the game, it bumped up their ratings. You will sign 4-stars consistently that come in as an 80 Freshmen. That means that they will automatically leap frog Freshman A who was a Top 100 recruit in the country in real life (regardless of position) that EA ranked a 74 when he should be a 78-79 on EA's new ranking scale for 4-stars. Then the 3-stars who EA ranked in the 60's have no chance of ever starting for their teams. Take Keion Payne (CB) for Miami for example. Florida State wanted him badly. Florida wanted him too. The Canes landed him. There were other big time programs around the country that wanted this kid. He's a 67; the chances are greater than 50% that he will never do anything in this game b/c of that rating. The same goes for a lot of Freshmen in this game, and in some cases Sophomores.

I have to make this post long-winded (sorry) and it will probably be my only post so feel free to email me personally at [email protected] if you want help with correcting the issue above - because I did it previously with Carson's rosters for my own personal set.

Anyways, onto the Florida State roster.

FOR STARTERS.

None of the OL on Florida State wear knee braces. Offensive line coach Rick Trickett does not let his OL wear them as they decrease their mobility and agility for his zone blocking scheme. The only time a player on the OL is permitted to wear a knee brace is if he is rehabbing an injury, or stabilizing a knee injury that has been cleared by the doctor to practice/play on.

All players on Florida State wear Revolution or Revolution Speed helmets.

The defensive tackles for FSU do not wear gloves. The only time they wear gloves are when it rains.

I don't know why someone is adamant about having Avis Commack in this game. The kid is a bust. He was recruited to play WR three years ago and couldn't learn his routes in those 3 years, so he moved to DB. He will not crack the 3-deep ever at Florida State. In other words, he will play special teams for the rest of his career at FSU - and that's not a guarantee either.

AJ Alexander is NOT a cornerback. He is a wide receiver running with the 2'nd team in practices with Willie Haulstead and Christian Green. I don't know why a poster said to move him to cornerback. He has been a wide receiver since the end of last season. I would recommend changing him to Freshmen CB Terrence Brooks (# 31, 5-10/185).

Again, I'm wondering why the same person said to create Justin Bright and take JaJuan Harley out of the game. Justin Bright was signed by FSU in hopes that it would lure Marcus Lattimore (top RB recruit on FSU's board last season) to Tallahassee because the two were close and went to school together. His only other D-1 offer was from Stanford. That's right, the kid only had two D-1 offers. While JaJuan Harley was a Top 250 recruit in the country with over 40 offers from across the country. He's also the most athletic kid on the team - ran a laser time 4.39 and posted a 41 inch vertical before summer practices started.

Terrance Parks should be the FS and Nick Moody should be the SS. It's true that both are listed correctly in the game but the game does not reflect WHY they're at those positions. The FS has the role of the SS in our defense, while the FS has the role of the SS. It's a complex scheme that a video game wouldn't understand so to have them have the correct assignments in the game they should be Moody (SS) and Parks (FS)

I would also change Cam Wade (will never play meaningful minutes, the last Jeff Bowden recruit on the roster) into Freshman WR Jared "Scooter" Haggins (# 36, 6-0, 180)

I plan on changing Ja'Baris Little to Freshman TE Will Tye, because Little has no place on this team. The staff does not trust him to play, but won't kick him so that they don't ruin their relationship with Lincoln H.S. in Tallahassee. You can keep him on the roster if you want, it's your roster set, just telling you what I plan on doing.

C Jacob Stanley is a walk-on. I would change him to AJ Ganguzza who's a scholarship player.

This is how the OL depth chart looks right now (when everyone is healthy)

LT - Datko, Sanderson, Faircloth
LG - Hudson, Orelus, Snider
C - McMahon, Ganguzza
RG - Spurlock, Stork, Snider
RT - Sanders, Faircloth, Greenlee *still rehabbin, but very talented*

Also, Orelus should be rated higher than Snider.

The weights and equipment are all back to default which pisses me off because I spent easily an hour + on fixing everything. I know you understand that feeling when you do all that hard work only to lose it.

Some major ones are...

DE's
Markus White 274
Toshmon Stevens 233
Bjoern Werner 280 (has been dominating this summer, high motor, strong, one intense *** German)
Brandon Jenkins 250
Jamar Jackson 256
Dan Hicks 260 (should be rated higher than Jackson, 2'nd team)

DT's
Jacobbi McDaniel 297
Everett Dawkins 284
Demonte McAllister 280 (should be rated higher too)
Darious Cummings 290 (ditto, was a Top 100 recruit)

LB's
Holmes Onwukaife 238
Kendall Smith 242
Jeff Luc 255
Mister Alexander 236
Christian Jones 232
Nigel Terrell 220

Safety
Terrance Parks 222

The entire OL is bigger too. Zebrie Sanders is 305 now, but he's the biggest + in weight. The others are just mainly in the 290's (interior line guys)

WR
Bert Reed 174
Kenny Shaw 170
Greg Dent 190
Christian Green 208 (should be A LOT higher, he was Top 30 overall in the country regardless of position)

Honestly; if you want me to re-do the Noles roster so that it's 100% accurate and reflects the actual team to present date with equipment, depth chart, who should be on the team and who shouldn't, just let me know. You can e-mail me at [email protected] like I said. This name will probably be banned by the time you can respond to it. Like I said, I work with the team, see them everyday on the field, know what they wear and what they can do, etc. I won't touch ratings, just edit who should be where and what they should wear.

Thanks for all the hard work DK, I know your rosters will be the GOAT based on your history on here. And to whoever messed up the FSU rosters to begin with.

Last edited by SeminoleEXPERT; 08-21-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpowser
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but Robert Woods of USC was the number 1 ranked WR in 2010, though he is ranked lower then Kyle Prater and about the same as Markeith Ambles? Have Ambles and Prater passed Woods on the depth chart or what? Just curious.. Thanks.
You would be wrong.

Kyle Prater was the No.1 receiver in the country and No.3 OVERALL player in the country.

Robert Woods was the No.1 athlete in the country and No.6 OVERALL player in the country.

What a nice problem to have out there in Los Angeles...

Last edited by SeminoleEXPERT; 08-21-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #39
Banned

Also, Adrian Coxon has transferred from Florida to UMD. The chances are pretty good that Joe Haden's little brother will also transfer to UMD. I would go ahead and put Haden on there.

Not sure if it was mentioned (didn't see it, but probably was) but Justin Turner - former 5 star - transferred from Michigan to WVU. What a idiotic decision on Rich Rod's part to let him leave.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleEXPERT
Also, Adrian Coxon has transferred from Florida to UMD. The chances are pretty good that Joe Haden's little brother will also transfer to UMD. I would go ahead and put Haden on there.

Not sure if it was mentioned (didn't see it, but probably was) but Justin Turner - former 5 star - transferred from Michigan to WVU. What a idiotic decision on Rich Rod's part to let him leave.
Right, because it is idiotic to let a lazy guy who came into camp out of shape and didn't want to be there anymore go. Not the kind of guy you want on your football team, the coaching staff made the right decision letting him go.

As for the roster, last I looked DK had already removed him.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »