Home

***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

This is a discussion on ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread*** within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: ***DK's (RomanCaesar's) rosters thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Now, I don't know who took the file from DK with the equipment edits so I can't say anything about that part.

Flaws? DK might take others suggestions about ratings but he is the one that makes the final call on these ratings in his roster. You state "all teams" but I would only personally agree with a select few teams in regards to ratings.

Are you stating that Carson and CK11 have a better based roster set with ratings? I don't think so! They have inflated ratings for far too many players and the file hasn't been worked on by those two in almost two weeks. The thread for that roster has poor organization and the latest updates haven't even been posted from the 1st post like was agreed upon when the thread was started.

I'll let DK chime in when he gets the chance but I don't support all your claims about his roster especially in comparison to the ones Carson and CK11 had been doing.
You aren't understanding what I am saying.

My qualm has nothing to do with DK's ratings or CK/Carson ratings. It's not about the user edited rosters. It's about the default ratings out the box for the Freshmen/RS-Freshmen/Sophomores (mostly Freshmen). When EA updated the tuner setting to fix progression and incoming recruit rankings, it made normal 4-star computer generated recruits come into your program rated as high as an 81. That means that they would automatically leap frog every 4-star (Sometimes even 5 stars) from your last recruiting class, that actual real life recruits. What I'm suggesting is that we bump up the ratings of all the Freshmen based on star ranking so that this doesn't happen as much.

What I did with the rosters was this...

5-stars - 82-84
4-stars - 78-81
3-stars - 72-77 - 77 is rare; depends on how highly regarded that kid was. There are 3-stars out there that should have been 4-stars but were overlooked by the rankings for whatever reason.

I follow recruiting religiously, and compare Rivals, Scout, ESPN rankings, combined with offers to determine the ranking.

A kid like Seantrel Henderson I made an 84. He was the No.1 player overall in the country for most of the process, and ended up No.2 behind Ronald Powell of UF.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator_hater98
Great we got a fellow Nole on the inside. Look forward to to hearing about the scrimmage.

I'm glad I re-read this

I meant to say change Avis Commack to Terrence Brooks, and move AJ Alexander back to WR.

Also; never listen to Gene Williams at Warchant. The coaches hate him and all his inside access to the team left with the Bowden regiment.

The WR's should look like this.

Bert Reed
Rodney Smith
Willie Haulstead
Taiwan Easterling
AJ Alexander
Christian Green
Kenny Shaw
Greg Dent
Jarred Haggins

I would turn Cam Wade into Jarred Haggins and make Josh Gehres into Will Tye (# 44, Fr TE, 6-2, 240) or if you can make him into Freshman DT Cameron Erving (6-5, 295, # 74) who has been looking good this Summer and has a bright future.

The Safeties should be

FS

Terrance Parks
Gerald Demps

SS

Nick Moody
JaJuan Harley

And change Ed I into Freshman SS Chad Abrams. Ed I is never going to play outside of special teams while Abrams was really high on the board for FSU and was recruited nationally.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #51
Rookie

It's not concrete the Alfy Hill is headed to ECU yet. The NCAA issues haven't been figured out yet and that info is based off of a Facebook status.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #52
Banned

UF has moved DE Earl Okine to TE

Friday morning, tight ends coach Brian White is asked how it is that Okine, a prize recruit as a defensive end a couple of years ago, has been shifted to tight end. White, who is the only Harvard grad coaching in the Southeastern Conference didn't even crack a smile when he deadpanned his response.
"It was an epiphany at night," White said. "We were all sleeping and this vision came to us of Big Earl to play at tight end."
Obviously there was more to it than that. When he was being completely serious, White said, "He’s made a lot of progress. He’s going to help our football team. He’s a big athlete, he’s smart and we just have to keep accelerating his learning curve and get him to push through some mental barriers when he gets tired. He’s going to add a lot to our team at the point of attack and allow us to do some things, particularly in short yardage and goal line situations. He’s a great guy. He’s not just going to be a blocker. He can catch the football too and do some things in the passing game."
Old 08-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #53
Rookie

CaptKogleberry40's Arena

OVR: 1

Toledo Changes
FB Jared Strait - 215 lbs to 246 (big jump, important for a TE/FB)
WR Sam Gaymon - listed as a safety, light-medium skinned
LT Mike VanDerMuelen (spelled incorrectly as Vander Muelen)
LT A.J. Lindeman - RS Fr to RS Soph
LG Phillipkeith Manley - very dark skinned
LG Fadi Farha - #71 to #79, light skinned, (but not white)
RG Robert Lisowski - #67 to #57
RT Zac Kerin (spelled incorrectly as Kernin)
RT Chris Meenan - not on official roster
LE Douglas Westbrook - very dark skinned
LE Zac Rosenbauer - #92 to #41
RE Grant Pleasant - #93 to #90, 6'2 to 6'3
DT Malcolm Riley - very dark skinned
DT Elijah Jones - dark skinned
MLB Damien McIntosh - light skinned (but not white)
MLB James Gordon - #56 to #31, dark skinned
CB Desmond Marrow - Sr to RS Sr (used a medical redshirt in '07)
CB Taikwon Page - #1 to #28 (number is listed as 2x, but is below #29 Jermaine Robinson on roster), medium skinned
CB Anthony King - not on official roster
CB John James - not on official roster
CB Myshan Veasley-Pettis (can be listed as VeasleyPettis if you want, personal choice here)
FS Jermaine Robinson - medium skinned
FS Ross Madison - medium skinned
SS Dwight Macon - listed as QB (played qb in hs, recruited as an ath, heres a quick write-up on him: A 3-star recruit by Rivals.com. ESPN.com said: It is going to be easy for a program to move Macon from quarterback to either running back, safety or wide receiver because he is very athletic, but the more you watch him the more you appreciate how productive and competitive he is at QB. District offensive player of the year as a senior. He led Steubenville to a 12-2 record and the state semi-finals. The two-time first team all-stater finished his career with 5,691 passing yards and a 64% completion record. His career rushing record was 2,810 yards and 33 touchdowns. As a sophomore, rushed for 1,290 yards and passed for 1,666. Passed for almost 2,500 yards and 28 touchdowns while completing 66% of his passes as a junior. Had offers from a number of MAC schools plus Kansas, Kansas State and Wyoming.)
SS Diauntae Morrow - dark skinned (not as dark as he is)
K Ryan Cassano - #9 to #1 (#3 is taken by D. Morrow)

all information taken from official roster at http://www.utrockets.com/SportSelect...08&SPSID=89646
Old 08-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #54
Rookie

CaptKogleberry40's Arena

OVR: 1

Bowling Green changes (will warn you in advance DK, lots of players swapping numbers)
QB Matt Schilz - #8 to #7
QB Kellen Pagel - Soph to RS Fr (RS last year)
QB Trent Hurley - #16 to #18 (J. Leacock is starting FS and is also #16), 6'5 to 6'4
RB Erique Geiger - medium skinned
RB Jamel Martin - #24 to #37, 6' to 6'1
FB DeMark Jenkins - #81 to #13
WR Tyrone Pronty - #12 to #7
WR Kamar Jorden (spelled incorrectly as Kamer)
WR Calvin Wiley - #7 to #6
TE Lewis Parks - dark skinned
LT Kyle Bryant - RS Fr to RS Jr, #65 to 75, 271 lbs to 305 lbs (massive increase)
LT Johnathan Fry (spelled incorrectly as Jonathan) - #70 to #64
LG Dominic Flewellyn - #64 to #52, 6'2 to 6'3, 270 lbs to 300
RT Isaiah Byler - #75 to #70, 6'5 to 6'4
LE Angelo Magnone - light skinned (not white)
LE Ted Ouellet - Soph to RS Fr
RE Dylan Farrington - white skinned
RE Bryan Thomas - #93 to #43
DT Kevin Alvarado - #6 to #3
DT Jordon Roussos (spelled incorrectly as Jordan) - listed as a DE
DT Mickey Wagner - white skinned
LOLB Ryan Crow - 6'1 to 6'2
MLB Charlie Walker - 6'4 to 6'3
MLB Eric Jordan - medium skinned
ROLB Paul Swan - Soph to RS Fr, white skinned
ROLB Calvin Marshall - listed as a Rover
CB Adrien Spencer - light-medium skinned
CB Robert Lorenzi - 5'9 to 5'7, light skinned (not white)
CB Jonathan Davis - Jr to RS Soph
CB Jude Adjei-Barimah - #4 to #47, very dark skinned
CB Devon McKoy - very dark skinned
FS Jovan Leacock - #13 to #16,
FS Lane Robilotto - light skinned (not white)
FS Aaron Foster - #31 to #26
SS BooBoo Gates - #26 to #24, dark skinned
P Stephen Stein - RS Fr to RS Soph

all changes taken directly from official roster at http://bgsufalcons.com/roster.aspx?path=football
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

Its official now, WR Theron Collier has transfered from Miami to USC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 12

Its official now, WR Theron Collier has transfered from Miami to USC, I'm not home I jus thought about it reading the thread so pardon me if he's on USC already lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »