Home

ACCURATE/REALISTIC CHANGES TO NOTRE DAME'S ROSTER

This is a discussion on ACCURATE/REALISTIC CHANGES TO NOTRE DAME'S ROSTER within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #33
Rookie

STLcardz-NDirish's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ACCURATE/REALISTIC CHANGES TO NOTRE DAME'S ROSTER

Your cracking me up trojanterror. Dogging every valid point and only basing your argument on a 3/4 year old track time, smh. haha
Old 07-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLcardz-NDirish
Your cracking me up trojanterror. Dogging every valid point and only basing your argument on a 3/4 year old track time, smh. haha
Your "valid point" is that he ran a 4.44 at a combine. That was HAND-TIMED. That's sad really.

You do realize that a lot of college defensive lineman were able to post 100m times around 11.12, right?

You still haven't explained this: if players improve their speed in college and therefore Wood went from a 11.12 to a "94 speed"... what about someone that ran a 10.4? What does that translate to a couple years after college?

If we were to follow your logic (which is almost impossible because it's so bad), the player that ran a 10.4 in HS improved his speed at the same rate and now is a "105 speed" according to you.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #35
Rookie

labballin24's Arena

OVR: 8

A 100 meters doesn't just judge speed though. Those times are easy to improve on after conditioning and practice. Plus how many players are running their top speed after running 100 yards in pads? A 40 time is more likely to judge a players burst speed since he won't usually be running much more than 40 yards at full speed in any game.

I can explain simply that Wood obviously isn't that great of a 100 meter runner. And I'm not simply judging from the 40 that's I just recently saw. I put more stock in what I've seen from him and what scouts were saying about him before he even came to ND. He was the #3 overall rated prospect at one point and it wasn't because he was strong.

Also I agree that ND isn't that fast which is why making Wood a 92/93 would in fact make him the fastest returning player on ND's offense. The fact of the matter is u seem to be so against it simply because of one high school time you got that he ran. Shouldn't his on field play be more important?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #36
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4

Well I think Wood should be between a 91 and 93 speed. I wasn't aware of Kelly's comment until now. And I remember all the games I watched. And YES the speed should be higher. That isn't being bias. I edited plenty of teams in last years rosters and made players better.

As far as Crist, personally I think his AWR should be about 75 tops, because, to me he hasn't proved himself. Yeah he has a strong arm, but, if anyone is over 10 yards down the field the receiver will have to stretch for it or catch it around his ankles. (Maybe he needs glasses like Rick Vaughn on Major League? LOL)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #37
Rookie

labballin24's Arena

OVR: 8

And I still have to disagree with Riddick's break tackle. I played a game of NCAA 10 recently and Tate's BTK was 82. Tate was arguably one of the hardest receivers to take down after he caught that ball his last year, and was also a former RB. There's no way Riddick is on that level. Looking at Riddick's highlights he's more of an elusive/agile guy, after seeing Tate's rating as an 82 I don't think I would give Riddick a 78 at most.

Also just to say since you didn't get specific. Ruffer is a much more accurate kicker than he is powerful. His power isn't anything to write about so I would put that in the mid to low 80's but his accuracy could arguably be as high as 95 being that he's only missed one kick in his career.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Rookie

boredhusband's Arena

OVR: 2

bias thread
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #39
Rookie

Bucs1211's Arena

OVR: 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etqTW4UJIEI - Some Theo Riddick Highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1bn6...eature=related - Cierre Wood highlights.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #40
Rookie

STLcardz-NDirish's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredhusband
bias thread
How? typical comment from a trojan fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »