Home

Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #41
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Re-rating players for an authentic feel to NCAA 12

if u dont do all the players, then it would just feel unbalanced, if u do running backs then that means u would have to do every defensive player just so the RB would have realistic stats and attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #42
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Ed Wesley
Texas Christian Horned Frogs
5'9 200lbs

- Ed Wesley was one of the many weapons TCU utilized on there way to an undefeated season and a victory over Wisconsin in the 2010 Rose Bowl. Like Speedy, Wesley was looked over in the recruiting process coming out of Texas, and was a two star recruit. After showing his ability in his frosh campaign, Wesley led the Horned Frogs in rushing as a sophomore with 1,078 yards and 11 touchdowns.

- Ed Wesley High School Highlights

- Wesley is the prototypical RB to use from shotgun formation due to his explosive first step, the ability to cut on a dime, and enough power to run through a tackle or bounce it outside to run around one.
- He utilizes his low center of gravity to hide behind the offensive line and explode towards daylight when he sees a crease.
- 2011 will really show what type of player Wesley is with Andy Dalton graduation to the NFL. Teams will start the season preparing to stop the run until the offense shows it is as dangerous through the air.

Speed:.................91....88
Agility:.................95....90
Acceleration:........90.....92
Strength:.............63....58
Breaking Tackle:....87....82
Trucking:.............79.....79
Elusiveness:.........90.....84
B C Vision:...........89.....80
Stiff Arm:............74.....74
Spin:..................92.....87
Juke:..................87.....87

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 07-11-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #43
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
if u dont do all the players, then it would just feel unbalanced, if u do running backs then that means u would have to do every defensive player just so the RB would have realistic stats and attributes.
Yeah, I did the defensive players last year too. Right now, I am just posting some of the more recognizable RB's in the nation, and will move down through positions. You can download my rosters for 2011 under my gamertag "two days slow" on the Xbox360 if you want to see how they play. I plan on spending more time this year really building the rosters for all the teams.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:04 AM   #44
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Yeah, I did the defensive players last year too. Right now, I am just posting some of the more recognizable RB's in the nation, and will move down through positions. You can download my rosters for 2011 under my gamertag "two days slow" on the Xbox360 if you want to see how they play. I plan on spending more time this year really building the rosters for all the teams.
well actually i wasnt planning on downloading the rosters, but i was just going to go in and edit the players myself using your stuff on here as great influence and help. if anything it would save time by not posting a picture and the well done facts lol just ratings, and if someone questions them, then give them details.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:27 AM   #45
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Christine Michael
Texas A&M Aggies
5'11 215lbs

-Christine Michael looks to bounce back in 2011, and team up with Cyrus Gray as one of the best RB duo in the country.

-2009 Highlights

- Christine well never be known to have "burner" status, but he is a savvy enough runner to make due with what speed he has, and make plays with it.
- He is not a power back, but he will lower his head and run into defenders and not always look for ways to "run around" the defender.
-Christine is one of the few RBs who actually is deserving of a high "spin" rating in the game.

Speed:.................87....87
Agility:.................92....89
Acceleration:........96.....92
Strength:.............72....60
Breaking Tackle:....88....78
Trucking:.............84.....84
Elussiveness:........88....88
B C Vision:...........84.....80
Stiff Arm:............84.....67
Spin:..................82.....94
Juke:..................83.....83

Last edited by cparrish; 07-06-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
What do think the highest Strength for a RB to be
Put it this way on the Alumni rosters i created these are the highest strength ratings i gave and these are legendary RB's only

Craig "Iron Head" Heyward-85 (He's a 5'11 300 lb FB)
Jerome Bettis-85
Herschel Walker-82
Earl Campbell-80
Marion Butts-80
Jim Brown-80

They were givin a 80+ only to trigger certain animations in the game for NCAA 11 like dragging defenders on their back....

I might also add that the game seems to trigger unrealistic animations aswell with a RB givin 80 strength......you'll see defenders bounce off of RB's with 80 strength like 2-3 yards one of the ugliest animations in the game

The next group of RB's down the list are

Ron Dayne-79
Lendale White-79 (He's actually about to be modifed to 71 since i finally found his bench press numbers 15 x 225 lbs from his pro day )
James Wilder-78
Eddie George-77

So you can see that 80 strength rating is a very thin line for me and it was given to a limited group of legendary power backs....i would not use that approach for default rosters because for those who are under 80 strength you'll see more natural looking tackles and break tackle animations.

The RB doesn't always fall forward for extra yards he'll get stood up and even driven backwards the lower you have the strength rating

Plus like i said i kinda figure out the ratings much like the way FGBRatings handles their Madden players....and if you scan that site you'll probably be able to count the number of RB's with 80 strength in the NFL on one hand yet in NCAA they give out 80 strength for RB's like running water.

It's kinda like having LB's with 80+ verticals and we all know how that works out when you throw over the middle....some ratings are set high/overated in order to give the game certain animations to play out while others seem to bring out a ARCADE type of outcome like watching that 80 strength rated RB run up and down the field with a hidden force field around him at times LOL!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is great! I am definitely going to use these!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #48
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Im willing to help out in any way. Just need to know what system everyone is using. I want a more spread out game with lower ratings. I just want the players to play how they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »