Home
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: DT Linder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Was he the guy who got caught with the same fake players that another roster editor had "hidden" in his file?

Good times back in the day
Yep; they were Blacklover's rosters and when called on it, he denied for a while, and then disappeared.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:44 AM   #18
Rookie

BruceAlmighty's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgb229
yeap he stole the ones i did for xbox and made changes to them but everyone knew they where mine cause of a few miss spelled names.
You don't say.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #19
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I really feel old. It seems like just yesterday I was "mailing" a memory card to Gagnon and then waiting for him to mail me the rosters....

I didn't even realize NCAA was coming out tonight until Sunday. I used have the date circled.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I'm confused with all this talk of him charging for rosters. I was a member of his sites ps2rosters, psxrosters, and whatever the other one was...I don't ever remember him charging for rosters. I know he ended up selling his last site to BK who does charge for rosters. Maybe that is what people are getting at?

Anyways to answer the OP he stopped doing rosters around the time that EA locker was first introduced.

KSU long time my friend . Anyway, I was also around for a long while on DT's site along with a few others I see around here from time to time (JerseySuave, MattUM2). The other site you were thinking about was earosters.com.

The whole issue with DT and the "stolen roster" was that DT used a very early base roster of blacklovers (I believe). Which at the time was a pretty common thing to do because there wasn't the depth of roster makers there is now. I think Fairdale, DT, and blacklover were the only guys doing it back then.

The year before EA locker was introduced DT sold psxrosters.com to Brian Kaldenberg (gamerosters.com) for a laughable price. BK thought he was buying DT out and cornering the market when in reality DT opened up earosters.com to better assimilate his site with the game.

DT was doing rosters way back in the day and I could tell the process was wearing on him (think ROMANCAESAR). By the time EA Locker became relevent DT wasn't a young kid anymore. Making rosters (donations) wasn't his primary income anymore. He, like most of us now, was already in the workforce and he didn't have the time to focus on rosters.

DT ended up selling earosters.com to BK and getting out out of the biz all together. DT didn't let any of his members know about the sale and it was quite a rug pulled from under the feet feeling but after a short while of sour grapes we (or I myself specifically) realized it was a good business decision. How foolish do you have to be to get duped into buying the same thing twice?

I was never charged or asked to buy rosters from DT and to my knowledge no one else was either.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 AM   #21
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Shame on BK for paying twice and shame on BK for stealing and charging. Both are Losers..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

A lot of hearsay in this thread, and I think without full verification it is unfair to drag someone through the mud.

DT and I are friends on Facebook. He actually sought me out as he remembered me from years of sending him my memory card. He NEVER charged me for a roster file, and was always great to work with. I don't know the truth of all this stuff being bantered about here, and I would suggest that it's time to let go of the past. Whatever happened is very unclear - DT has his side and others have theirs. I don't know what the deal is, but since we've had file sharing via xbox live and the ps3 network, it doesn't matter anymore. The horse is dead...it's time to dismount.

I'm not a fanboy of his...but he was very good to a lot of us who used his rosters. If I have spoken in error then hate me all you want...but I believe DT is a good person and whatever happened in the past has no bearing on any of us today. I was a bit disappointed when he sold his site, but he eventually communicated it to all of us, and once the new guy took over that was it for me.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #23
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Anytime he wants to try and clear the air I am interested in hearing about it, but if he remains silent well the comments wont stop..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

My advice...let it go. Some serious grudge holding going on here...such a shame. I don't understand this thread...it has no relevance today. But, I digress...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »