Home
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: DT Linder

"Holding a grudge is like you drinking the poison, but expecting the other guy to get sick and die..."
Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #34
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Brian Kaldenberg lives in Iowa City and has his hand in several business ventures. I see his site is still up. I have no idea if these are real works or taken from others but in this day and age there is no reason to pay for rosters. I'd gladly donate but to be charged up front for these are dumb.
I was wondering about this guy because I kept seeing his lame google ads pop up on this site. How are his ilk even allowed to operate (charging people for naming NCAA athletes)? I'm sure there is some legal workaround, but I'm surprised EA or the NCAA hasn't shut his operations down at point.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #35
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to get my rosters from DT back in the day, and he never charged me. The only thing you had to do was pay for the shipping to send him your memory card. I sent him a $5 donation too, but that was not required.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #36
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

LOL, oh DT. I was on his sites from age 15 on. Good to see some guys on here, like DVS.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #37
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Ah, a blast from the past. Found this thread while searching "Blacklover," because I wanted to ask if anyone knows what he's up to, but didn't DARE do so without using the search engine first.

Back in the MM days, the first time I ever met a guy from the forum in person was a guy in my area who was looking for NCAA 2004 rosters. He said he mailed DT a memory card and money and never got it back. I went to the guy's house and it was very cool, kinda like the banter we have on the forums, only in person. I still run into the dude occasionally.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #38
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

DT was the first guy I got rosters from. I remember the "scandal" and the sale of the site... Ah, the good ol' days... I never had a problem getting rosters from him. I always downloaded the files and sent a donation. And I don't recall him charging unless you bought the memory card from him.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think this is a positive thread either. I met DT multiple times at multiple addresses to pick up rosters in person. He was a teacher, at least then. I imagine he still is. He was running a business. Who cares? It's in the past. I was happy to pay for his rosters then, and I only recall him being a nice dude.

Get off his back. You sound really pathetic, honestly. Enjoy the rosters, enjoy the game. It was a business... for a moment.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anytime he wants to try and clear the air I am interested in hearing about it, but if he remains silent well the comments wont stop..
i'm friends with him on facebook although i never talk to him but from what i can see the guy doesn't strike me as someone who still plays a whole hell of a lot of video games and spends time on these forums. Just saying.

I enjoyed his site the best because there were a lot of people who you could talk sports with and the layout of his site was always the easiest and best. As he got older he pretty much started to get tired of doing rosters each year because it got to a point where he would do some and some of us would do some. Then he sold the site and started a new one but by then it was just us doing them ourselves putting in a lot of time just like Block O, Gator and others on this site do.

But the site sold and everyone stopped going there and people pretty much have migrated over here.

I remember the whole people claiming he stole rosters thing when it was going on and i always hear people say the guy charged people money for rosters. The guy never charged me anything to use the rosters he put out. But the forums over there and the people i'd talk sports with were what made people use that site.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »