Home
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: DT Linder

I was an admin for his site back in the day, starting at ps2rosters.com. Coincidentally I was the first person to gain "Heisman" honors for numbers of post. Kind of funny looking back on it and how devoted I was to it.

Basically DT, like many of us, grew up and took on other responsibilities. Unfortunately he tried to take a short cut and got caught and ruined all of our names. I am friends with him on FB and talk to him from time to time.

And for what its worth, much respect to buckeye02 and gatorbait. I hardly ever post on here, but I do read this from time to time, and some of the stuff being said about their ETA is pretty sad. These kids need to realize how time consuming is to do this stuff.

JerseySuave, your one of the few guys i remember. MattyNokes, MattUM, and that guy from Newport Beach who ended up playing QB at Wyoming..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

I remember reading about DT but never bought rosters or got them from anyone else back then. I remember naming the schools I used and the others I liked, then just naming the kids that would make it into Madden. That was a pain in the butt trying to find those late round kids that would always change.

Roster naming is terribly time consuming and that's not even doing edits. Anyone that thinks these should be done by now needs to try and do it themselves. Trying going to a site in July and having rosters from last year. Players graduate, enroll, transfer... Then you get position and number changes thrown in.
If someone used to short cut, I for one can understand....

Should he have given some credit to someone else if he did short cut, sure. That said, most people seem to want to rip on someone now when it doesn't mean anything... Enjoy the past don't let it eat at you still
Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

People ITT complaining and telling others that they need to move on are moronic. The guy stole but even worse, he claimed the rosters as his own. Defend the guy all you want but ultimately you're just an even bigger *** for defending him. :twocents:
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I downloaded DT's rosters using XPORT (PS2) back in the day for about 3 or 4 years straight. Was never charged anything.

Props to him on selling those websites to BK though. What an awful investment the year before EA locker hits.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #45
Rookie

MisterRowland's Arena

OVR: 1

How long ago did he steal the rosters? I remember being in college and graduated in 04.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #46
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Back in the very early days when it first became possible to edit rosters, I would get a football preview magazine and name players based on the depth charts. The only team I would fully name by going online and finding their complete roster was Pitt.

I think a friend of mine told me about DT's site back in '04 and I signed up (JCC1999, though I didn't post much). DL'd my rosters via XPort and donated once, but was never charged. Sure, I heard plenty of rumors that DT stole rosters (and that other roster editors stole roster), but to me they were just that, rumors. I had no way of definitively proving or disproving those rumors and it would've been wrong to pass judgement without any definitive proof.

Anyway, I stopped going there in '09 when he sold the site. I remember a lot of people got mad at the way he handled it since he didn't make any announcement of the impending sale and then was MIA for a couple weeks afterwards before finally making a post to explain why he sold the site.

Anyways, since I wasn't about to buy rosters from BK (or anyone else for that matter), I needed a new place to get my rosters and that's how I found my way here

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmstate
I downloaded DT's rosters using XPORT (PS2) back in the day for about 3 or 4 years straight. Was never charged anything.

Props to him on selling those websites to BK though. What an awful investment the year before EA locker hits.
I also did the same thing. Was never charged a dime since I just downloaded the rosters and didn't ship him a card.
I did send him $5 each year thru paypal.
I tried to do my own rosters and stopped after one team took an hour.
It wasn't that serious to me and had a career that took up my time.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powe
People ITT complaining and telling others that they need to move on are moronic. The guy stole but even worse, he claimed the rosters as his own. Defend the guy all you want but ultimately you're just an even bigger *** for defending him. :twocents:
Yes, complaining that people need to move on is FAR more moronic than continuing to bash him years later. [/sarcasm] I'm not defending him but, seriously, how does it benefit anyone by continuing to bad-mouth the guy?

Can mods please close stuff like this? With EA Locker allowing you to download and then subsequently share rosters for free (whether they are yours or not) and with very little effort, is this really an issue?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »