Home

Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

This is a discussion on Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking.... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
Rookie

msuSpartan11's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Jacory Harris 89??? What was EA thinking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Canes fan since 81 here.

With this team it is show me don't tell me. They have shown no killer instinct and are a far cry from the great, very good and good Hurricane teams of the past. 11 wins?

Your real optimistic. They have not shown they can win big games on the road for the most part. Now I like Jacory Harris. He is a great kid, smart, great leader and can play ball. He needs better coaching and a running game and he will be fine.

Let's see if Golden can turn it around. I like him and I think he can. But let's get 9 wins first and get to an ACC title game. We have not been able to do even that.

Well said, that goes for any big time program...SHOW ME i don't care about potential, the majority of kids at big programs have "great potential" thats why 2/3 star players can become studs and some 4/5 star players end up doing jack ****... it's all about show me on the field and more importantly show me on the field against good/great teams anyone can run up stats against poor/avg teams... ie the other um team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #42
Rookie

Lunar_Hurricane's Arena

OVR: 0

The recievers were bad, aside from Hankerson, last year. We averaged, I believe, either 3 or 5 drops a game. Having said that, Jacory should be about an 85-86, and Morris should be between 82-84. 89 is too high for Jacory. As has been pointed out already, Jacory is actually decievingly fast, so his speed rating is not innacurate.

Having said all that, I have yet to play the game, Waiting for Buckeye02's roster (which I hate! Why are the rosters I always get by Buckeye and Gatorbait! ARRRRGH)

oh, and GO CANES!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #43
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Canes fan since 81 here.

With this team it is show me don't tell me. They have shown no killer instinct and are a far cry from the great, very good and good Hurricane teams of the past. 11 wins?

Your real optimistic. They have not shown they can win big games on the road for the most part. Now I like Jacory Harris. He is a great kid, smart, great leader and can play ball. He needs better coaching and a running game and he will be fine.

Let's see if Golden can turn it around. I like him and I think he can. But let's get 9 wins first and get to an ACC title game. We have not been able to do even that.
We have backs that can run the ball. The play calling was just horrible with Whipple who refused to pound the ball.

In the past couple years this team has been all talk for the most part. We had the top recruiting class in the country in 08 and was top 5 in 09 and most of those guys have not lived up to the hype

Last edited by fatleg3; 07-16-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Hurricane
The recievers were bad, aside from Hankerson, last year. We averaged, I believe, either 3 or 5 drops a game. Having said that, Jacory should be about an 85-86, and Morris should be between 82-84. 89 is too high for Jacory. As has been pointed out already, Jacory is actually decievingly fast, so his speed rating is not innacurate.

Having said all that, I have yet to play the game, Waiting for Buckeye02's roster (which I hate! Why are the rosters I always get by Buckeye and Gatorbait! ARRRRGH)

oh, and GO CANES!
Morris has done nothing to show he deserves an 82-84. His rating now is fine.

Brandon Washington, Chickillo, Brandon Linder, Sean Spence deserve to be higher
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
We have backs that can run the ball. The play calling was just horrible with Whipple who refused to pound the ball.

In the past couple years this team has been all talk for the most part. We had the top recruiting class in the country in 08 and was top 5 in 09 and most of those guys have not lived up to the hype
I agree. Whipple really hated to run the ball. I saw a stat that said something like every time the Canes ran 30+ attempts the never lost in Whipple's two years with them. But whenever they ran for less than 30 times they were like .500.

Jacory Harris is a good QB, but he is not a QB that should have 30+ attempts per game. Even if this new staff can get him to make better decisions, he still should only throw 20-25 at the most.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3

Totally agree. We have a couple of great backs in Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson. They both are game breaking types. Whipple was awful. No question. His play calling was so bad.

With that said your other post about the players not panning out. Totally correct. It has not been Hurricane Football since 2002. The program is in a holding pattern. Also when we moved from the old Orange Bowl everything changed. Joe Robbie stadium (I will never call it anything other than that) has zero college atmosphere and zero mystique. The fans are so far away from the field, and it really is a dead stadium compared to the frenzy we had at the old run down but magical Orange Bowl. When you recruited back in the day that was a huge thing. We had an aura of invincibility at the old OB. Now we can't compete with other programs in our own state. We are losing so many of the kids in our own back yard to Florida and FSU.

UM is a small private school with barely any campus and college atmosphere. It really is not the most alluring school for that. But in our glory years it did not matter. We were on such a role everyone wanted to play at UM. Also Howard and Jimmy and yes Butch Davis (worst game day coach I think I had ever seen..until Randy Shannon) had an eye for top talent that was not 4 and 5 star recruits.

I am hopeful we can be good again. But the days of our dominance (83-01) are truly in the past as the rest of country caught up to us fast and adapted and changed to the pro style approach that UM took to the next level. We also have not been able to get a great coach in here and establish a program and tradition. Every coach since Howard has used it as a launching pad to go to the NFL.

Anyway I am very enthusiastic about Golden and things getting turned around. 9-3 is a realistic goal and hopefully an ACC title and a BCS birth. Again though I get the feeling Golden will be gone within 2-3 years. He want o be in Penn State.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #47
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

i thought theres no jacory harris ...... in the game .lol cuz there couldnt be a representation of college athletes..

but i think he do alrite this season with new head coach Al Golden

i seen him around the 84-87 range though .... will see if he lives up to it..

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 07-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #48
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I did notice when playing Miami twice that he had over 50 yards rushing in both from random scrambles. I remember thinking "Harris is not a scrambling QB and he DEF isnt that fast".

When Buckeye/Gator release their rosters, I'll be editing him for sure before I start dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »