Home

creating bo jackson-auburn tigers

This is a discussion on creating bo jackson-auburn tigers within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: creating bo jackson-auburn tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
As for ratings... All 99.
Bo has to be all 99's. In Tecmo Bowl he was 100. That is if there were ratings. Greatest athlete ever.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

I make him every year in Road to Glory and Export him Madden, just finished his Sophmore season and broke every Auburn running record as well as NCAA records for most rushing yards in a season with 2,700. I max out speed/accel first the strength/Break Tackle, as someone already said Agility is the last thing I work on. I for one don't think Bo's Agility was low, but he perfered to run in straight lines and through people, more then juking and spinning which he would do from time to time.

Here is what my CAP would look like;

Speed-99
Strength-84
Awareness-90
Agility-92
Acceleration-99
Catch-78
Carry-94
Jmp-96
Brk Tkl-98
Trucking-98
Elusivness-90
BCV-88
Stiff Arm-94
Spin Move-88
Juke Move-86
Stamina-96

Catching and Jumping were based of his performances on the baseball field, just because he didn't do it to much in football doesn't mean he didn't have the ability.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
Rookie

tiptonhr's Arena

OVR: 1

If you want to create the Bo from the 1985 Tennessee game, cut all those ratings in about half.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofun4one
Strength-76
Bo Jackson was a beast, I'm not sure how much football you have watched. But there has been another RB that is out there that is a little faster and man does he ever so much make me think about Bo....... Adrian Peterson kid was power and speed from high school all the way to the pros, just hope he can stay together. Power backs like Bo and Adrian are hard to come by, but to watch both in one life time, its like classical music being composed for the first time by Back.....You move to the front of your chair, the hair on your neck stands up! You know you have just watched greatness just happen. JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!
No i'm not sure how much football you've watched but Peterson isn't a 80 strength either his combine #'s reflected that already

If you want to add the arcade element into the game then fine give him 80+ strength like most Offensive Linemen

But I prefer to stick to true numbers and Data......

I'm not going to tell you how to get the true numbers because when a guy already has their mind made up it's not worth even debating but this is Adrian Peterson true ratings from his NFL workout numbers

His combine #'s by draftscout show how he tested out this is data i used to create ratings for Peterson
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2007&genpos=RB

This is how his testing numbers graded out in Madden using real DATA similiar information that the guy at FGBratings utilizes on all current NFL players
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/pr...php?pyid=58020

My Numbers on Peterson are very close to that aswell using draftscout.com

These aren't #'s just thrown together just because it's Adrian Peterson or Bo Jackson.....if you feel just because it's Bo Jackson then 99's in every rating is needed then your obviously one of those guys who prefer VIDEO GAME ARCADE #'s over TRUE DATA #'s to represent a player....VIDEO GAME ARCADE #"s leads to arcade type of play in a SIM GAME

Even his strength on the 90 Raiders in Madden was not 80+.....but he was rated as one the strongest backs in the game even being in the 70's but that might because Madden actuallly didn't start giving RB's 80+ strength until the game moved over to NEXT GEN and even up til Madden 06 you didn't see the exaggerated strength ratings being increased in order to boost up the Players overall ratings.

And i've read no reports where Bo had a 40 inch vertical either

But then again the fact that some people even mentioned Techmo Bowl Football for handling his ratings is all i needed to hear.........

Now if you choose to not actually try to research people and just want to throw something out there then fine that is your choice but my i idea of a true player doesn't mean to give him 99's accross the boards just because he was a freak of nature.....

The 98 speed and 99 accceleration given to Bo Jackson already makes him a freak of Nature for a man that size....
http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/bo...ash-time.html#

I hardly doubt even Bo Jackson was strong enough to block 280-300 lb DT's every down which is where the strength rating for RB's come into play that is why they have a Truck rating, Stiff Arm rating and Break Tackle rating to simulate his power running style

So i guess the answer is up to the OP does he want a 99 overall rated Bo Jackson using ARCADE MODE ratings or does he want a 99 overall rated Bo Jackson with more natural ratings that reflect his true Physical Ability without venturing into the ARCADE version of him.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-19-2011 at 04:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »