Home

I know it sucks waiting for PS3 rosters, but......

This is a discussion on I know it sucks waiting for PS3 rosters, but...... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #33
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: I know it sucks waiting for PS3 rosters, but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809
Just out of curiosity, how so? I also edit rosters and when I released them in set stages, nobody seemed to mind. Also, people had a chance to see how my rosters matched up with each user's respective opinions on the ratings. THere was also a larger input from the fans over changes to their own teams. This may have significantly sped up the editing process. Just wondering.
Personal satisfaction. Sorry, I could see why that would be confusing I didn't word that exactly how I meant it.

Of course others would enjoy to get in stages, but all that really matters is the choice of the maker. I know many others who have released their sets as "works in progresses" and that was just something that never interested me so I can respect their decision not to release it in chunks. If I was them I wouldn't either.

But it is a matter of preference. Waiting for perfection and upsetting people for the few extra days it takes, or releasing it in chunks and satisfying people until it is completed but losing a lot of the thrill and anticipation of completing a great roster.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #34
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Personal satisfaction. Sorry, I could see why that would be confusing I didn't word that exactly how I meant it.

Of course others would enjoy to get in stages, but all that really matters is the choice of the maker. I know many others who have released their sets as "works in progresses" and that was just something that never interested me so I can respect their decision not to release it in chunks. If I was them I wouldn't either.

But it is a matter of preference. Waiting for perfection and upsetting people for the few extra days it takes, or releasing it in chunks and satisfying people until it is completed but losing a lot of the thrill and anticipation of completing a great roster.
Ah ok. I see now. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #35
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

A lot of people are never happy or appreciative. That's the age we live in. Most, not all, want instant gratification. You see it everywhere now. Give an inch, want a mile.

Appreciate all the work that's gone into this and thank them for saving you the time to do it yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa
A lot of people are never happy or appreciative. That's the age we live in. Most, not all, want instant gratification. You see it everywhere now. Give an inch, want a mile.

Appreciate all the work that's gone into this and thank them for saving you the time to do it yourself.

I'm with you guys.

Rosters take a long freakin' time to do. And personally I'm glad they take the time to do 'em for us.

A week is not long to wait if you consider that if you did it yourself (and have a job).....it would probably take you about a month or so. And that's IF you had the resourses to get the names.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #37
Rookie

my only thing is they have gave like 3 dif days that it would be done n its still not n now they dont even know when it will be done.. ive been waiting patiently but after 3 or 4 dif ETA and there still not out something aint right..
Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyuga3
my only thing is they have gave like 3 dif days that it would be done n its still not n now they dont even know when it will be done.. ive been waiting patiently but after 3 or 4 dif ETA and there still not out something aint right..
They had freezing issues one time that can't be helped. Cut the guys some slack. They're doing us a huge favor free of charge. It's a privilege not a God given right to have them finish these rosters in 3 days or less.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #39
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyuga3
Did you donate?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #40
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

I love all the newbs that come on this site for rosters every year at this time. It's either where they at or sticking up for people you know nothing about. I mean last year all the new guys crashed this site trying to get rosters.
Keep doing what you are doing you make this site great entertainment. And to all you roster makers do what you do and keep at it, i know it's no easy task and you guys don't ask for money even though some donate and that's a great thing if you ask me. I love OS all of you make this site happen.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »