Home

Possible work around for roster glitch

This is a discussion on Possible work around for roster glitch within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Possible work around for roster glitch

I edited Robinson to make him "balanced" on the editing screen-=--and now he shows up "scrambling" on the roster. However-in the one game I played against him--he only scrambled twice. Does anyone know if this was just a strange game --or does it mean the "work around" editing him to be balanced does not work after all?

By the way the way I got him to "balanced" was to leave his speed--agility and acceleration high--However I lowered his "stiff-arm" to 0.

Has anyone else tried this approach ? And if so what were your results?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Possible work around for roster glitch

how did you edit his tendency? bc its grayed out on all the rosters i have downloaded.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
I edited Robinson to make him "balanced" on the editing screen-=--and now he shows up "scrambling" on the roster. However-in the one game I played against him--he only scrambled twice. Does anyone know if this was just a strange game --or does it mean the "work around" editing him to be balanced does not work after all?

By the way the way I got him to "balanced" was to leave his speed--agility and acceleration high--However I lowered his "stiff-arm" to 0.

Has anyone else tried this approach ? And if so what were your results?

Thanks!
There is not a workaround. The abilities will be inaccurate or the tendency will. You can pick your poison which you prefer. Wait for the patch, or use the default roster.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 07-22-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you edit an attribute that contributes to the players position, such as strength, trucking, or stiff arm it changes their tendency. I tried doing this to Alabama last night, but this glitch effects even the O-line changing run blocker to balanced which made even the aspect of a work around absolutely futile.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

From what I read briefly the patch will not work for the already named rosters... I could be wrong, but I thought I read that on PastaPadre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
From what I read briefly the patch will not work for the already named rosters... I could be wrong, but I thought I read that on PastaPadre.
This must be what you read-
It would seem to be a plausible scenario where the patch will fix the problem but won’t fix those currently named rosters back to original tendencies. If that is the case then new roster files would have to be created
Old 07-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
This must be what you read-
It would seem to be a plausible scenario where the patch will fix the problem but won’t fix those currently named rosters back to original tendencies. If that is the case then new roster files would have to be created
Yep! That's probably the case! If so, I'm just going to return the game. It's really that much of a gamebreaker for me! It's time we stand up to this non-sense!

I'm not fooling with the renaming of all the rosters & nor is the roster makers. It's time we put a stop to stuff like this. I'm not going to be a game tester anymore! That's basically what we're doing after a game is released.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Yep! That's probably the case! If so, I'm just going to return the game. It's really that much of a gamebreaker for me! It's time we stand up to this non-sense!

I'm not fooling with the renaming of all the rosters & nor is the roster makers. It's time we put a stop to stuff like this. I'm not going to be a game tester anymore! That's basically what we're doing after a game is released.
I am planning to trade it in to Amazon.com myself where i bought it.

The trade in right now for a copy in good condition is $33.75 (or was when i did the request on Wed). So if you did the $20 bonus thru amazon and the release date delivery. Your total was $57.98 on xbox, minus the bonus and the trade in. Your only out $4.23 and still would have a week to mail it in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »