Home

Next year's rosters....

This is a discussion on Next year's rosters.... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Next year's rosters....

For you guys trying to do it next year ... good luck.

Doing a community based roster is a lot easier if you use less people. Less people = less chance of roster being messed up.

I would recommend doing what we do and use about 4-5 guys and check out the file to each other and give check points so you don't lose the file along the way.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CcAaRrSsOoNn3
For you guys trying to do it next year ... good luck.

Doing a community based roster is a lot easier if you use less people. Less people = less chance of roster being messed up.

I would recommend doing what we do and use about 4-5 guys and check out the file to each other and give check points so you don't lose the file along the way.
I'd agree with this. 5 people is better than 40. Also, there will be more consistancy with ratings.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #19
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

That's what i was thinking. Would be better like that.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

i concur... organizing 5 people would be much, much easier.....

however, i want very accurate rosters.... not many people keep up, IN DEPTH, with 15+ teams... but many, many people keep up 2 or 3 teams enough to know pretty much everything about the team.....

i want to avoid having some guy in Louisiana having to edit a team in Wisconsin, for example, with nothing more than a team website, a preseason mag, and the internet with the only guides to anything about the team... i'd rather have a guy from there, who watches teams there, who follows recruiting there, etc, doing their rosters.... that's why i want more people....

hell, if i wanted very accurate rosters, with ease of organization, i'd just do them all myself, but i kinda have a career, and patients, and a business to take care of, so I don't have time like i did when i was in college, and i used to do the rosters every year...

again, with enough prep time, i feel that we could adequately prep everyone on re-rating players using depth charts, guidelines, etc.... yeah, not everyone on the team can and should be 85 ovr, and yeah, sometimes (ok, alot of times) EA has the depth charts jacked up so bad you want to scream...

again, as far as the speed, we will be using the speed ratio conversion table that I have.... i can email it out, before we start editing, so everyone can have a copy of how to rate a player's in-game speed using real-life 40 times... i would like to think that most people here would be tired of this entire waiting process, and would want to take every necessary precaution and step to ensure we get accurate, UNBIASED rosters out there in a timely fashion.... my proposal does this....
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #21
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd suggest having about 5 of us who will make rosters. We can have others in the community help us by giving us templates and updates on the team. Similar to the dread thread and the suspension/transfer thread. I'd also suggest you look at luvtotha9s roster site (http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com/). It is very well set up and something like that would be easy to get all the templates we need. Once we have all the templates, then the 5 of us could begin working on the rosters in the game. You don't have to do it this way, just a suggestion. I would think that something like this would run smoothly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

It sounds good but logically it wont be any faster or better unless people are working around the clock...pretty much when somebody at all times is working...2 teams takes roughly an hr. So a day equals 48 teams named but how many people are actually gonna be up at 3-4am just to do a roster? The easiest thing i've seen to do is modify a named roster. It knocks out about 90 percent of the time. You can just used the bulk of ur time correcting bad spellings, ratings, class, equip and etc...
Old 07-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I'd suggest having about 5 of us who will make rosters. We can have others in the community help us by giving us templates and updates on the team. Similar to the dread thread and the suspension/transfer thread. I'd also suggest you look at luvtotha9s roster site (http://luvtotha9srosters.forumotion.com/). It is very well set up and something like that would be easy to get all the templates we need. Once we have all the templates, then the 5 of us could begin working on the rosters in the game. You don't have to do it this way, just a suggestion. I would think that something like this would run smoothly.
Yeah that sounds like a good idea for us to do
Old 07-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

i really don't want templates of players that i don't know.... i want guys who have watched their teams and know what their teams players look like to edit their teams roster.... i don't want to know about the 3rd string QB at Washington State needing dreads... a Washington St. or Pac-12 fan would know about the dreads needing to be put on the player, and they can add them....

stebo, i'm not worried about it being produced faster out of the gate, than what we are used to right now... i'm worried about MORE ACCURACY and less updates to the "finished" rosters.... all told, it took buck and gator about 10 days to get the rosters done, and now we are having to STILL edit them because they are not done well enough for our liking for our favorite team(s)... this can and should be avoided.... if we had an Alabama fan doing Alabama's roster, don't you think they'd have everything done, the first time around? if we had a Virginia fan doing Virginia's roster, you wouldn't have to worry about an impact player being left out, because that fan would have it covered.... not a knock on gator and buck, but they just don't know each and every player for each and every team like they know "their" team....

and as far as what i'm talking about doing, each team would take about 2 or 3 hours for FULL editing.... 5 people doing these would be 24 teams each.... that's 48 to 72 hours of editing.... for some of us who have careers/jobs/wives/children, etc., that's impossible.... but 2 to 4 hours is managable....

if you account for every team taking 2 hours, you would know ahead of time what time you could expect to be needed to edit your portion of the roster... say you are the 5th guy on the list... you need to be available at around 16 hours after we begin (2 hrs per team, 2 team per person...), or around 4-5pm on the Wednesday after release date... you can schedule things around your turn on the list, if you know ahead of time when you are up to the plate, so to speak.... and with a call/email list in the hands of each person doing the rosters, you could call and let the person after you know you are done, or are running late, or whatever...

i'm just saying, i think it's time we all take more responsibility for these rosters than having one or two (or 5, in this case) people having the arduous task of completing this alone....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »