Home

Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

This is a discussion on Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
re: Edited NCAA 12 Roster (X360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46

86 Teams done ....
(All of the… Pac12 / SEC / ACC / Big E / MWC / Big 10 / Indep / ……All 3/4/5/6 star teams….and some misc 1-2 star teams)

Left to do: 34 …..(17 each)… 1 and 2 star teams

Speed #’s:

99: 0
98: 0
97: 0
96: 1
95: 12
94: 12
93: 31
92: 52
91: 175
----------
Total= 283
Well I have kinda hit a wall.....very little info out there for the majority of these 1/2 star teams. I guess the good thing is most of them dont have many over 91 speed.

So I seached all I could on the fastest players on all those teams...and made the edits to all the players over 90. I plan to go through and adjust their whole teams here and there in the near future....but for all purposes I have edited all the 91+ players !

Now that I have hit the wall.... I will just load them up in my locker for anyone who wants to give them a go !

Somewhat..... Final Numbers....

97 teams done … (All of the… ACC / Big 12 / Big E / Big 10 / MWC /
Pac 12 / SEC / CUSA / Indep / ……All 3/4/5/6 star teams….misc 1-2 star teams)

**Left to Fully Do** : 23 …..… all are 1 and 2 star teams

Speed #’s:

99: 0
98: 0
97: 0
96: 1
95: 10
94: 8
93: 25
92: 26
91: 123
----------
Total= 193 .......<----678 was the starting total )

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Nice stuff. I have been doing the same thing for '11. Amazing how far they overated speed on the top teams and top impact players. Funny though, how i keep finding players rated spot on to their real lfe 40 times. Mostly lesser named freshmen and smaller schools.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Nice stuff. I have been doing the same thing for '11. Amazing how far they overated speed on the top teams and top impact players. Funny though, how i keep finding players rated spot on to their real lfe 40 times. Mostly lesser named freshmen and smaller schools.
Yeah, I talked about that before...how they sometimes seem to just use speed to boost a player, and make them better rating wise, not to mention the crazy speed value. .....Why not use the skills .. ? ?

I also noticed unknowns being more realistic....I think it might just be luck Kinda like if a player is 5'9 175 lbs... do you think he is more likely to be a 75 speed or more like an 85 !

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I've been playing my games lately with this set, and I really like how it's evened out.

It's cool to see Demps alone at the top with a speed and acceleration combination that's truly elite. I also like that there's a relatively small cadre of legit burners in the 93-95 range with acceleration to match before one gets to the mass of very fast players in the 90-92 range. That's how it should be.

In scrolling down the list, I noticed that Oregon has some effing fast players on the roster! And they're young! I think they have a true Freshman in the 95 range, as well as a Sophomore.

When you made these, whose base roster did you start with?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've been playing my games lately with this set, and I really like how it's evened out.

It's cool to see Demps alone at the top with a speed and acceleration combination that's truly elite. I also like that there's a relatively small cadre of legit burners in the 93-95 range with acceleration to match before one gets to the mass of very fast players in the 90-92 range. That's how it should be.

In scrolling down the list, I noticed that Oregon has some effing fast players on the roster! And they're young! I think they have a true Freshman in the 95 range, as well as a Sophomore.

When you made these, whose base roster did you start with?
Appreciate the feedback...was starting to think I was the only one using them.

I just wish the recruit classes were not so over loaded with fast guys (just too many of them!)....and progression did not always increase Speed.....but I am in my 2nd season, and every game still feels great !

I started these from the Community Rosters I got around the end of July.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

Current Roster Status...

Available in my locker : Yukon46

102 Teams Completely Done

(all of the 90+ speed rated players are edited on Every Team)

Teams left to Completely Do : 18 …..…
Florida Atl
Florida Intl
La-Laf
Louis-Monroe
Mid Tenn
W Kentucky
Louis Tech
San Jose St
Bowl Green
Buffalo
Ohio
Mia Ohio
Kent St
Ball St
Cent Mich
W Mich
E Mich
North Illinois

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Appreciate the feedback...was starting to think I was the only one using them.

I just wish the recruit classes were not so over loaded with fast guys (just too many of them!)....and progression did not always increase Speed.....but I am in my 2nd season, and every game still feels great !

I started these from the Community Rosters I got around the end of July.
Oh yeah, I'm working exclusively from this roster. I had a couple of really cool plays in the last two games decided by the realistic speed differentials and the zero threshold (which doesn't play out as crazy and unbalanced as it sounds).

On one play I got caught in a bad personnel call and had a FS on a WR who was faster by about 8 points. I got toasted and was like man, you REALLY have to think about matchups when speeds are put to realistic levels and not every defensive back has 90 speed.

On another play in a game I just finished, I ran cover 2 with SMU vs. Alabama, and they threw a streak to #4. My FS had 81 speed and their WR had 90+, and he just edged away and outran the coverage. It was another play that made me realize you gotta make the right calls for your personnel--if you don't have range at FS, you can't be calling the cover 2.

All that's to say that the rosters create good strategy moments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

i absolutely agree with what you are doing with these rosters. I've been looking at 40 yard times and correlating it back to previous madden and ncaa games to see how it compares. Ncaa is off usually by 10 points, being way to high. I can't wait to start my dynasty with the completed set. Thank you for all the hard work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »