Home

NCAA 12 Realistic Dynasty Rosters for Xbox 360

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 Realistic Dynasty Rosters for Xbox 360 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Every year I find myself tweaking the ratings of the better players in the game to give it a more realistic feel while playing the game, and this year will be no different. I thought I would post my tweeks on here and see what people thought of them.

• I do not go by the Overall Ratings of players because I don't play the game by the overall ratings. I play the game by using players who best fit how I play, how a play is run, and to their specific strengths. All overall ratings do is dilute the game to where every player feels and moves the same way, just to have player X as the top rated RB/QB/WR/etc in the game.
  • The main thing I try to do is make the players play like their real life counterparts. I want my power RBs to run like power RBs. My ball hawking safeties to play like ball hawking safeties. Basically, make the game play like a real game with proper play calling, game planning, and getting the right players in the right situations to make or break the game.
  • The big difference between my rosters and other rosters is mine are specifically built for Dynasty play and how players progress through the years. In doing this, you will see my frosh ratings are much lower than you will find in other rosters so they don't all progress to have 99's across the board. I have tested out multiple rosters through the first couple season's in Dynasty Mode and have noticed how everyone is rated the same, and in a few years the game is diluted with 94+ acceleration in every skill position. (An example I noticed today is one roster after two seasons of Dynasty Progression had 3 WR's with a speed rating of 94 or higher, while they had 181 WR's with an acceleration rating of 94 or higher, including 26 players with an acceleration of 99.)
  • My ratings are not for everyone. Some people like the wide open arcade style of play, and will not enjoy playing with my ratings. Please do not complain about how I rated "your" favorite player, these after all are my own opinion of how they play, and I do not want bickering to start in this thread. I am open to great football discussion of how I rated a player though, because I only see so much of certain players.

How I rate players

I start off by going by the 40 times on nfldraftscout. Of course, 40 times are not a perfect example of how fast a player is on the field. Some players may run a 4.4, but play like a 4.7. I believe you have to involve both to get an accurate ratings, so I try to watch videos of players to see if their speed translates to the field or not. There are really two types of players speed in my eyes; long-striders and short-striders.
  • Two great examples would be Rodney "Speedy" Steward of Colorado, and Marcus Lattimore of South Carolina. Speedy and Lattimore both run around a 4.56 in the 40-yard dash, but both players could not be any different in regards to agility and acceleration. Speedy is a "short-strider" as he reaches top end speed almost instantly, but never really gets faster allowing players to catch him from behind in the open field. Lattimore on the other hand is a "long-strider" as he needs room to gain top end speed.

How I involve Dynasty Progression?

NCAA 12 like the other NCAA titles offers player progression in Dynasty mode where players may gain attributes every off season and even during the season. In doing this, you cannot rate frosh players with 90's across the board in three main categories; speed, agility, and ESPECIALLY acceleration. If you do, you will have a roster file diluted with players all 94+ in those three categories in their senior season. What I have done, is take in account of Dynasty Progression while creating my rosters so players will progress to what they really are in terms of speed, agility, and acceleration.

Steps
  1. To re-rate every player from all 120 schools.
  2. Add/subtract players who may not be at school anymore or add/subtract players who will see playing time.
  3. Correct depth charts for all 120 FBS schools for the 2011 season.

Where do DL these Rosters

You can download them in my EA locker on the Xbox 360 under the name "two days slow." You do not need to add me to get the rosters. Feel free to play with them to see if you like them as much as my friends and I do.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 08-26-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 12 Realistic Dynasty Rosters for Xbox 360

so you are all done now man??
Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Your Alabama roster is just about spot on. I only made three changes. Lowered Tyler Love to a 79. Lowered Dre Kirkpatrick to an 85. Raised Dequan Menzie to an 85. I also added Blake Sims as a back-up QB. I've heard he will be the wildcat QB.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

***Here are all the teams who have been re-rated. I will go over depth charts after I have re-rated all 120 schools.***

ACC
  • Boston College
  • Clemson
  • Duke
  • Florida State
  • Georgia Tech
  • Maryland
  • Miami
  • North Carolina
  • North Carolina State
  • Virginia Tech
  • Wake Forest
BIG EAST
  • Cincinnati
  • Connecticut
  • Louisville
  • Pittsburgh
  • Rutgers
  • South Florida
  • Syracuse
  • West Virginia
BIG 10
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Michigan
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Nebraska
  • Northwestern
  • Purdue
  • Ohio State
  • Wisconsin
BIG 12
  • Baylor
  • Iowa State
  • Kansas
  • Kansas State
  • Missouri
  • Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma State
  • Texas
  • Texas A&M
  • Texas Tech
CONFERENCE USA
  • East Carolina
  • Houston
  • Marshall
  • Memphis
  • SMU
  • Southern Miss
  • Tulane
  • Tulsa
  • Rice
  • UAB
  • UCF
  • UTEP

INDEPENDENTS
  • Army
  • BYU
  • Navy
  • Notre Dame
MAC
  • Akron
  • Ball State
  • Bowling Green
  • Buffalo
  • Central Michigan
  • Eastern Michigan
  • Kent State
  • Miami (OH)
  • Northern Illinois
  • Ohio
  • Temple
  • Toledo
  • Western Michigan
MCW
  • Air Force
  • Boise State
  • Colorado State
  • New Mexico
  • San Diego State
  • TCU
  • UNLV
  • Wyoming
PAC 12
  • Arizona
  • Arizona State
  • Cal
  • Colorado
  • Oregon
  • Oregon State
  • Stanford
  • UCLA
  • USC
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Washington State
SEC
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Auburn
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Kentucky
  • LSU
  • Mississippi
  • Mississippi State
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Vanderbilt
SUN BELT
  • Arkansas State
  • Florida Atlantic
  • Florida International
  • Louisiana-Monroe
  • Louisiana-Lafayette
  • Middle Tennessee
  • North Texas
  • Troy
  • Western Kentucky
WAC
  • Hawai'i
  • Idaho
  • Fresno State
  • Lousiana Tech
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico State
  • San Jose State
  • Utah State

Last edited by cparrish; 01-26-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey man I gotta say, my team is UW and I am impressed with these rosters. All the equipment is spot on and most of the ratings are about what they should be, only things I have changed are Josh Shirley's speed, made Sean Parker better than Taz Stevenson, and Johri Fogerson is actually in the mold of his brother, Zach, who is no longer able to play football.

All in all, solid job, better than any I have seen in attention to detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

georgehives's Arena

OVR: 2

are you done with all the rosters
New York Yankees
Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehives
are you done with all the rosters
No, I have the majority of the top QB's, RB's, and WR's done. Now I am just working my way through the teams and posting a team above every time I am finished with one. If you are wanting me to do a specific team before another, just let me know.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

georgehives's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
No, I have the majority of the top QB's, RB's, and WR's done. Now I am just working my way through the teams and posting a team above every time I am finished with one. If you are wanting me to do a specific team before another, just let me know.
No i just wanted to know
New York Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »