Home

Roster Editors: Discussion on Player Model Templates

This is a discussion on Roster Editors: Discussion on Player Model Templates within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Roster Editors: Discussion on Player Model Templates

I'd like to know how you roster editors approach remodeling players to get a realistic-looking build for various player types.

I started poking around in the player editor in my offline dynasty to do some equipment, and I noticed that my 5'9" 170 LB WR has a thick chest, big arms, and high shoulder pads. I want to redo players like this.

So what are your general base settings in terms of body type and equipment specs (shoulder pads, back plates, etc.) for:

-Pro-size QBs
-Smaller, athletic QBs
-Smaller offensive backs and WR
-Power backs
-TEs and FBs
-Athletic DEs
-Run-stopping DEs
-Big DTs
-Slimmer DTs
-Big ILBs
-Slimmer ILBs and OLBs
-Safeties
-Larger CBs
-Smaller CBs

Please be specific in your recommendations, and don't hesitate to add a body type description if I've left one out. Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Roster Editors: Discussion on Player Model Templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'd like to know how you roster editors approach remodeling players to get a realistic-looking build for various player types.

Please be specific in your recommendations, and don't hesitate to add a body type description if I've left one out. Thanks in advance!
There really is not anything set in stone I do...I guess because some of the base models can just be so out of wack, I just have to wait and see what the model looks like before I decide what to do.

I guess in general ....I would say I have a pretty good idea of what a players size should translate to.

I know what I think a 6'0 220lb RB should look like...and basically any size combo I see, I have a general idea of what they should look like.....
now if I can achieve it in this editor is a different question.

Glitches that I see all the time.....

Smaller frame guys that you cant make their arms get small enough.

Backwards sliders....moving up makes things smaller, down fatter

Base models just being too big in general....see this one a bunch in QB's, even if you zero everything out, they still look too thick.

Then my main complaint...the lack of different headshots...what is it less than 100 ? for like 8000 different players ?? and then add to that, you are not able to see the headshot while editing, until you back out that is just frustrating at times.

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-15-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
There really is not anything set in stone I do...I guess because some of the base models can just be so out of wack, I just have to wait and see what the model looks like before I decide what to do.

I guess in general ....I would say I have a pretty good idea of what a players size should translate to.

I know what I think a 6'0 220lb RB should look like...and basically any size combo I see, I have a general idea of what they should look like.....
now if I can achieve it in this editor is a different question.

Glitches that I see all the time.....

Smaller frame guys that you cant make their arms get small enough.

Backwards sliders....moving up makes things smaller, down fatter

Base models just being too big in general....see this one a bunch in QB's, even if you zero everything out, they still look too thick.

Then my main complaint...the lack of different headshots...what is it less than 100 ? for like 8000 different players ?? and then add to that, you are not able to see the headshot while editing, until you back out that is just frustrating at times.
Um, okay, so you go by gestalt. That's cool. I was hoping there'd be like a general: for DBs shoot for shoulder pad height in X range, arms, trunk, thighs in X range, etc.

I'll try to take a shot at a few real life examples and post what I find if I can get some successful templates going.

It's a bummer that the editor sounds so buggy.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

I have been resizing all the players for about a month now also fixing the socks to mid level for most of the top teams and all the while trying to enter all the updates of the community roster thread...id be nice to have some help but i dont really ever mess with the ratings just shoulder pads and builds of the players i will upload my roster in my locker if any of you would like to take a look let me know...im on 360 GT DonDizzz ...not in there now i will upload in a little while though
Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

file is up in my locker now i have done a LOT of work to it many hours still not close to finished but playing a game with the right body sizes and pad levels looks a heck of a lot better and you will see the difference ..some teams are totally done a lot teams are most all done ..the big time schools

GT: DonDizzz
XBOX 360

let me know what u guys think so far
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »