Home

Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll

This is a discussion on Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Type of Classic Team Rosters would like to see for NCAA 13
Old Alumni Team Formula from Years Past 14 15.38%
New All Decade Team Formula from the years 2000-2009 16 17.58%
Specific Historic Year Teams only like 1995 Nebraska 61 67.03%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers NCAA 13 Historic Team(s) Poll

I've always been a fan of specific years teams, whether it be college or pro, so it'd be great if those could be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #26
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree with year specific teams. It's realistic. I always felt weird with Katzenmoyer playing next to Spielman, or Jack Tatum lining up in the secondary with Antoine Winfield. Specific years are fun because we tend to remember what those teams did that season, and It's fun to play certain matchups. 97 Michigan v.s. 97 Nebraska would be fun because they both went unbeaten.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
As an FSU fan, I would love to have a 90's all Decade team instead of a 2000's team.

90's FSU would be sick they had some great talent. The only thing is with the All DEcade teams you won't get Deion included on these rosters which is why i loved the Alumni rosters he was always one of my favorite players to create on past rosters

But check out some of FSU's greats from the past this video really gets you hyped for some old school football
http://youtu.be/xqmJ9vv4Cp0

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #28
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

A 1996, 97 or 98 season would be amazing. Whatever year you choose will be pretty sweet regardless.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Either season in the 90s would be great when FSU was still dominate.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

PM: maybe a "decade" approach would work best for us on the roster file, as it would allow you to play a few seasons of a dynasty, and still keep fresh, recognizable players in the game.

Take a team, pick a decade, and roll with it. Some of my choices might be: 90s FSU, 70s Bama, 80s Auburn, 70s Ohio State, 90s Michigan, 90s Colorado, 80s Boston College, 70s USC, 80s UCLA, 70s Oklahoma, 90s Northwestern, 90s Kansas St, etc.

Admittedly for a number of schools, it might be tough, ie: Washington St., Indiana, etc. But, we'd have to pick one and go with it.

The tough thing would probably be deciding what decade to choose. For instance, Nebraska would be a tough choice: 70s, 80s, 90s would all work very well.

The more I think of this, the more I like it. Apologies, some of this has already been mentioned.

See: the itch is kicking in, and its not from Spring allergies
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

I always prefer historic year teams, and playmakers is probably the best suited to do a roster like that where most i download seem to get bored after the top 20 or so players and do a hack job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Ok gentleman i want to think everyone who responded to this thread.

I knew there was some interest in old school football on these forums but i didn't expect to get 60+ voters which is great especially since most of the rosters makers and roster users are more involved with today's current players for the game.

Classic rosters are a dying breed now days mainly because the older generation players are hard to remember for the younger football fans on the forums.

Having said all of that based on the feedback (votes) recieved with in the thread this years roster file will move away from the Old Alumni Rosters.

I'm going to miss creating guys like Montana and Dorsett.......

It will be replaced this year with a File called "PLAYMAKERS 1990'S LEGENDS OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL".

What this means is instead of using a specific year only in the 90's which hinders the ability to make a deep roster file. I will select a decade worth of players who only played in the 90's at each program created.

An example of a roster and how it will break down with this new format I will use Tennesse Depth Chart

QB
Peyton Manning-(Jr)
Heath Shuler-(Sr)
Tee Martin-(Jr)

RB
Charlie Garner-(Sr)
James Stewart -(Sr)
Jay Graham-(Sr)
Travis Henry-(Jr)
Jamal Lewis-(Jr)

WR
Carl Pickens-(Sr)
Alvin Harper-(Sr)
Joey Kent-(Jr)
Peerless Price-(Jr)
Marcus Nash-(Jr)
Jermaine Copeland-(Jr)

You will have the option to Redshirt players in order to sustain roster longevity....

For example based on the Vol's roster i would RS the following players Tee Martin, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry and Jermaine Copeland.

Most of these players I have access to several years of Madden Football Ratings and some scouting reports to provide true 40 times.

This will allow for ratings to restrict very few players from being in the 90's overall as i wll not be using EA's current method of speed and agility ratings which tends to inflate most rosters.

So what this means is even if you see a guy with 78 speed at RB that doesn't mean he can't be effective on the field.

Those of you who have used the old Alumni rosters and played with or against Emmitt Smith for example will understand what i mean. There are other ratings that can make a guy like Smith who was not a burner still be very effective and represent his style of running.

This way of doing ratings will also allow you to feel the difference in players on the field....such as throwing to a Joey Galloway compaired to Brian Stablien.

If you are a fan of the Smaller school programs and have some key players you would like on those teams feel free to post all information in this thread.

Example Southern Mississippi I'll create guys like Patrick Surtain, Derek Hoskins, Todd Pinkston and Perry Phenix.

Otherwise most of the smaller school programs will consist of generic players.

I'm really hoping that EA allows for the Option Offenses to work this year. If that happens I can do some amazing work on teams like Nebraska for that era of football.

Run Balanced Playbooks will work pretty good for teams like Michigan and Penn St from past experiences I've have with the Playbooks and Alumni Rosters.

Passing teams will like BYU will mostly utilize the One Back Offense and I don't like those teams in that era using the Spread Attacks.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-24-2012 at 01:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »